I love how people with no money ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
Yes, some of them are as a matter of fact, but that's not what's going on here.

My recollection is that Calhoun always had widespread support on the Boneyard, with only a handful of exceptions during the tough seasons. Overall though the words that come to mind are respect, grattitude and admiration.

Reaction Score
Are the people who want Ollie fired the same ones that wanted JC fired during the end of his tenure?
I don’t recall many credible posters ever being foolish enough to want a coaching legend fired. Most of us were scared by the thought of what the alternative was and our worst fears are coming true. Fools wanted JC gone, nearly everyone wants Kevin Ollie gone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My recollection is that Calhoun always had widespread support on the Boneyard, with only a handful of exceptions during the tough seasons. Overall though the words that come to mind are respect, grattitude and admiration.

For the most part, sure, but I distinctly remember a not insignificant amount of "JC needs to go. His way doesn't work anymore. The game has passed him by. Lost control of the ship etc etc". I can even name some of the posters if I were so inclined. I'm not.

Reaction Score
For the most part, sure, but I distinctly remember a not insignificant amount of "JC needs to go. His way doesn't work anymore. The game has passed him by. Lost control of the ship etc etc". I can even name some of the posters if I were so inclined. I'm not.
When would this have been though? Maybe during the 06-07 or 09-10 seasons?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When would this have been though? Maybe during the 06-07 or 09-10 seasons?

Approximately yeah. The later years mostly. 2011 clammed up a few holes. Some of it went hand in hand with a bunch of recruiting misses and mistakes towards the end.

Reaction Score
... yell the loudest to just pay the buyout.

The Diaco thing was a “once in a lifetime” fortuitous twist. A Princess Bride miracle option. UConn doesn’t have a second former coach waiting to work for $1 ... or do they.

KO to the NBA

So is he going to the nba pre buyout?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
09-10 and 11-12 were really wasted seasons that sandwiched the Kemba run.

11-12 Calhoun missed time due to his health, but I'm still not sure how that Dyson, Stanley, Kemba team didn't do better than it did.

Reaction Score

Not true.

Many criticized his offense. Regularly. But you could not criticize his motivational energy and perfectionism. He would not let the kids play sloppy.

We did have bad games. Several a year ... and the Boneyard went wild. Impossible place to read after some losses. And Calhoun got a large share of the blame.

Reaction Score
So is he going to the nba pre buyout?

Ollie is not like other HCs. He bleeds our Blue.

He could leave KNOWING it wasn’t working. He has a strong solid career path available. And there he could learn to be a NBA HC ... and make far more. (Hmmm like Quinn Snyder)

Reaction Score
Ollie is not like other HCs. He bleeds our Blue.

He could leave KNOWING it wasn’t working. He has a strong solid career path available. And there he could learn to be a NBA HC ... and make far more. (Hmmm like Quinn Snyder)
From your lips to god’s ear

Reaction Score
I don’t recall many credible posters ever being foolish enough to want a coaching legend fired. Most of us were scared by the thought of what the alternative was and our worst fears are coming true. Fools wanted JC gone, nearly everyone wants Kevin Ollie gone.
Fools make sweeping generalizations and speak for other people.

Reaction Score
Fools make sweeping generalizations and speak for other people.

I think he speaks for the vast majority of UConn fans who have seen enough.
If getting blown out by 15, 20, 25 and 35 points appeals to you, that's fine. But needing overtime to beat a 1 win Columbia team and falling behind Coppin State 11-3 tells most of us all we need to know. This team is neither well prepared nor well coached, despite what you and a handful of others may think.

And Honestly, I have no idea how you could have watched the last season and a half and still not see things for what they are. This team is 349th out of 351 in assists, and awful in just about every statistical category.

There are a relative handful of people in your camp. That's it.

Reaction Score
Not true.

Many criticized his offense. Regularly. But you could not criticize his motivational energy and perfectionism. He would not let the kids play sloppy.

We did have bad games. Several a year ... and the Boneyard went wild. Impossible place to read after some losses. And Calhoun got a large share of the blame.

Sorry, but the vast majority of us fully appreciated what Jim Calhoun meant to both UConn and college basketball. You are exaggerating the amount of people who were dissatisfied with JC.

Reaction Score
The list for keeping Ollie has dwindled down. I was a holdout I just remember him as a player that layup against Providence I see in my sleep, the coaching and spirit of the ban year and 2014 and to believe he is a true husky but it's not working and it's time for a change..

Reaction Score
I think he speaks for the vast majority of UConn fans who have seen enough.
If getting blown out by 15, 20, 25 and 35 points appeals to you, that's fine. But needing overtime to beat a 1 win Columbia team and falling behind Coppin State 11-3 tells most of us all we need to know. This team is neither well prepared nor well coached, despite what you and a handful of others may think.

And Honestly, I have no idea how you could have watched the last season and a half and still not see things for what they are. This team is 349th out of 351 in assists, and awful in just about every statistical category.

There are a relative handful of people in your camp. That's it.

How many fallacies can you cram into one post?

1. I have friends and family that are season ticket holders or at least avid UCONN fans. Only 1 out of 11 of them want Ollie out immediately. It's a small sample but I find it hard to believe that this subset of fans is that much of an outlier from the general population. And regardless, you and those with your point of view do not speak for all of us. That was my original point.

2. You complain incessantly but what is your proposed solution? And I mean detailed solution.

3. How much has this team been hurt by Gilbert's injury? And how much was last year's team hurt by injuries?

4. Anonymous internet message boards will always have an overly negative tone, it's where trolls live.

Reaction Score

1. I have friends and family that are season ticket holders or at least avid UCONN fans. Only 1 out of 11 of them want Ollie out immediately. It's a small sample but I find it hard to believe that this subset of fans is that much of an outlier from the general population. And regardless, you and those with your point of view do not speak for all of us. That was my original point.

2. You complain incessantly but what is your proposed solution? And I mean detailed solution.

3. How much has this team been hurt by Gilbert's injury? And how much was last year's team hurt by injuries?

4. Anonymous internet message boards will always have an overly negative tone, it's where trolls live.
What is your proposed solution? Fire the guy who sucks at his job and hire a guy who is good at his job.

Reaction Score

Thank you. You speak for the majority of the fans. The internet and comment boards are generally populate by angry people who are at the extremes of emotional instability. They are the believers of the UFOs, 9/11 was a hoax and vaccine equals autism crowd. The people that I work with are not happy with the way the season is going. They still fondly remembers 2014 and will stick with the team and Ollie

Reaction Score
Thank you. You speak for the majority of the fans. The internet and comment boards are generally populate by angry people who are at the extremes of emotional instability. They are the believers of the UFOs, 9/11 was a hoax and vaccine equals autism crowd. The people that I work with are not happy with the way the season is going. They still fondly remembers 2014 and will stick with the team and Ollie

This guy can't even put a coherent sentence together.

Reaction Score
People with no money? Sadly I think that is the majority of America, myself included, and a number that continues to increase. It still does not mean we can not have an opinion on any of this. You do not need to have money to have an opinion on monetary subjects....

Reaction Score
We are building a new baseball stadium, a new soccer stadium and taking RFPs for the new hockey arena.

The school has more than enough money at their disposial and the ability to move it around as they see fit.

It stinks that we're not in a P5 conference.

But, we got to quit talking about ourselves like we are the little sisters of the poor.
What rock have you and your supporters been living under? :confused: Head bang A state school in a state that is close to bankrupt.......
No personal attack here but do you not read anything on UConn in the news???
Budget Passed by State Legislature Potentially Devastating to UConn - UConn Today
With Feasibility Study And Ticket Surcharge, UConn Moving Forward On Plans For New Stadiums

Made my football donation towards the new facilities, got the new HUSKY ATHLETIC FUND pkg in the mail today looking for more. Again nothing personal just a different take on the situation. I do see you are from DC where money is like confetti, not so much in CT these days...
Bottom line on the OP, attendance speaks for what the situation is......

Reaction Score

Take a look at the Auburn game thread if you want to see what lots of people have to say. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Take a look at the Auburn game thread if you want to see what lots of people have to say. Enjoy.
Are you still talking?

What do you propose? When are you firing Kevin Ollie, who is taking over in the interim, who are you hiring, when are you hiring them, who is the new hire going to coach, how much are you going to pay them, how are you going to finance KO's buyout, what results are going to please you?

I won't hold my breath waiting for any actual thoughtful answers though. Continue your trolling elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom