I love how people with no money ... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
2014 was awesome. It's also getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

Saying "Coach X won a national championship, he should get some breathing room" is valid thing to say when said coach is doing some or most of the following things consistently:
  1. winning conference regular championships
  2. winning conference tournaments
  3. being ranked in the AP Top 25 regularly
  4. consistently making NCAA's
  5. advancing to S16s, E8's or better at least every few years
  6. recruiting and maintaining a workable roster with solid recruits, not having to scramble to fill roster holes
  7. not making your fans want to stab their own eyeballs on a nightly basis with the quality of play
This is a tremendous post. Barring a 10-16, type season, I'd be inclined to give KO another year just to ensure you don't rush into another bad decision. The reality however, is that we are one 80 foot heave from Jalen Adams away from having 2014, being the only NCAA tournament team of the Ollie era. That's a sobering thought.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a tremendous post. Barring a 10-16, type season, I'd be inclined to give KO another year just to ensure you don't rush into another bad decision. The reality however, is that we are one 80 foot heave from Jalen Adams away from having 2014, being the only NCAA tournament team of the Ollie era. That's a sobering thought.

I think they were making the tourney that year without the shot but if they would just show some life I’d support another year.

It’s the neverending series of oncourt trainwrecks that is so brutal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That’s what 2017 calendar year? It shows 17 games for UConn and unless I’ve lost my mind they haven’t drawn 8,505 at home yet this season nevermind on average?

I must of read that wrong. I think it looks like season end 2017. So that would mean last year the women outdrew the men, likely for the first time ever, which given how the season played out, doesn't necessarily surprise.

Reaction Score
2014 was awesome. It's also getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

Saying "Coach X won a national championship, he should get some breathing room" is valid thing to say when said coach is doing some or most of the following things consistently:
  1. winning conference regular championships
  2. winning conference tournaments
  3. being ranked in the AP Top 25 regularly
  4. consistently making NCAA's
  5. advancing to S16s, E8's or better at least every few years
  6. recruiting and maintaining a workable roster with solid recruits, not having to scramble to fill roster holes
  7. not making your fans want to stab their own eyeballs on a nightly basis with the quality of play

The problem is that none of those things are happening with any regularity. UConn has truly become irrelevant in both the AAC and on the national landscape.

Reaction Score
That's exactly it. We have arguably one guy, Jalen, who can break people off the dribble and create for himself as is required in the current offensive system. The staff had a big layoff before the Auburn game and now a week before the Wichita State game to work on some new plays. KO has often said something to the effect of during periods of darkness it's time to get into the lab and work hard. I'd like to see some new plays and some pressing to create easy baskets. If we see the same tired offense on Saturday with the same poor results, I'll be really disappointed but not surprised. Make us proud KO.

Just to be clear the staff had a day and mostly travel prior to the Auburn game. While they had 12 prior to the Arizona game I’m sure most was focused on the Wildcats, maybe a little on Auburn. They played well and competed against Arizona, had a nice plan on Ayton but couldn’t make a shot.

Obviously that day of prep was not a good one for KO vs Auburn.

Reaction Score
I think they were making the tourney that year without the shot but if they would just show some life I’d support another year.

It’s the neverending series of oncourt trainwrecks that is so brutal.
I base that on the fact that we went in as 7th seed.

Reaction Score
Pudge
Is it really your opinion that only those with money are allowed to have an opinion on the basketball coach? Seriously? Imagine if some poor slob had an opinion on some major issue. War and peace for example? I can’t imagine you’d think much of that. Leave having opinions to their better, eh Pudge? Next thing you know these mere commoners will want to vote.

The “fire the coach” ignoring a buyout - one that UConn in a CT with limited public resources - bug me. That obviously, if you look at my football posts, bugged me about Diaco. Irrational posts, lacking context, won’t move David Benedict. And just is not good for the advance of this Program.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear the staff had a day and mostly travel prior to the Auburn game. While they had 12 prior to the Arizona game I’m sure most was focused on the Wildcats, maybe a little on Auburn. They played well and competed against Arizona, had a nice plan on Ayton but couldn’t make a shot.

Obviously that day of prep was not a good one for KO vs Auburn.
Thanks for the correction, I meant AZ. Point was they’ve had weeks to work on some new offensive sets. Saw a couple new things today, which was encouraging.

Reaction Score
I saw the same hero ball we have been seeing game after game, season after season. There is a reason UConn is dead last in all of Division 1 in assists.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom