Huskies Putting in the Work | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Huskies Putting in the Work

Reaction Score
That did not look like the drive of a player coming off an Achilles tear. Very encouraging.
I love seeing Jana drive the lane. It's the decisiveness of it. She has really good handles and is unafraid to just put the ball on the floor and go. And someone that large moving that quickly is bound to be intimidating. Go Jana!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Instagram just keeps hanging on. Guess I'll have to register. My Facebook will not open it for whatever reason.

At least some of this film you've seen Don't know if this is a new CT content maker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw a video somewhere of a coaching session but can’t find it now. In it Geno tells the team that they can only do one of three things when they get the ball: shoot pass or drive. No dithering, no faking, just decisiveness. Later in the video, in a scrimmage Ash gets the ball and tries a few fakes to get past a defender and loses her opportunity. Then Geno takes her aside and asks what the three things are and she replies: shoot pass drive. Then he asks what all the faking was and she replies: “nonsense.” He approves and sends her back into the scrimmage.

It’s interesting how much focus is on decision making, or the read and react offense. The central skill is mental not physical. Having a good handle or a quick release is great of course. But that’s not the primary emphasis of Geno’s coaching. It’s knowing where to be on defense and what to do with the ball on offense.

Reaction Score
I saw a video somewhere of a coaching session but can’t find it now. In it Geno tells the team that they can only do one of three things when they get the ball: shoot pass or drive. No dithering, no faking, just decisiveness. Later in the video, in a scrimmage Ash gets the ball and tries a few fakes to get past a defender and loses her opportunity. Then Geno takes her aside and asks what the three things are and she replies: shoot pass drive. Then he asks what all the faking was and she replies: “nonsense.” He approves and sends her back into the scrimmage.

It’s interesting how much focus is on decision making, or the read and react offense. The central skill is mental not physical. Having a good handle or a quick release is great of course. But that’s not the primary emphasis of Geno’s coaching. It’s knowing where to be on defense and what to do with the ball on offense.

Plus knowing where you team mates are on the court and bonus pts for knowing what they are about to do .

Reaction Score
1000010687.jpg

Reaction Score
I love seeing all of this content from Morgan. I can't wait to see her on the court in a live game. She was such a dynamic presence in HS. With her we'll have a 4th ball handler who really knows how to push pace. She's such an aggressive player.

She used to do a thing that Paige also does a lot these days. She pushes the transition, makes the long pass, and then follows along to clean up any misses. Ash also knows to do this. You follow the break not only because you're waiting for a pass, but also because you're there to support the person who goes to the rim.

Reaction Score
I love seeing all of this content from Morgan. I can't wait to see her on the court in a live game. She was such a dynamic presence in HS. With her we'll have a 4th ball handler who really knows how to push pace. She's such an aggressive player.

She used to do a thing that Paige also does a lot these days. She pushes the transition, makes the long pass, and then follows along to clean up any misses. Ash also knows to do this. You follow the break not only because you're waiting for a pass, but also because you're there to support the person who goes to the rim.
here's to hoping that hamstring issue goes away by August when they come back for conditioning.

Reaction Score
It looked to me like Cheli was in there practicing, which is a good sign.
I didn’t see her in the video in any of the plays. Did you see her anywhere other than the high fives at the end?

Reactions: KCD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom