My wife shops there all the time. Were you checking her out? Lol
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I don't know, what was she wearing :cool:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
matt noyse in bahston.
steve teeling in fairdale county.
yup, that's pretty much the entire list for ne weatherpeople who consistently demonstrate knowing what they're talking aboot, and not being hypesters 24/7.

Reaction Score
Here in Monroe it’s a rainy day, that’s it. Went to the gym this morning and my wife and I just went to Westport and saw her sister and her husband/kids bc they flew in from Cali yesterday. Everyone’s out shopping, eating, regular day so far.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Left Warren, VT, at 8:30am. Home in CT at 1pm. No weather worries.

Sadly, a one car accident on Rt 91 in Rocky Hill where they went head on into the rock ledge median.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How do meteorologists have jobs? This “hurricane” is a joke. Just a rainy day here in New Haven county.
They hit a button that says "Comp Model Euro Hz" every ten minutes then tweet the resulting map with an opinion.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
They hit a button that says "Comp Model Euro Hz" every ten minutes then tweet the resulting map with an opinion.
No idea what that means - but shame on them for inciting panic for this, and every other, “storm” to hit the area.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No idea what that means - but shame on them for inciting panic for this, and every other, “storm” to hit the area.
Getting whacked really bad in South Windsor at the moment. Water coming in the fireplace

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like with any storm, there’s always that “this isn’t that bad” mindset once it starts because we get so anxious in buildup/preparation and everything. Yes the media plays a role in that but 90% of the time a storm won’t be as bad as the worst case we conjure up.

Reaction Score
How do meteorologists have jobs? This “hurricane” is a joke. Just a rainy day here in New Haven county.
This is the wrong attitude to have. Predicting weather, let alone tropical systems, with any sort of accuracy in terms of location, track, and intensity more than a day or two in advance is notoriously next to impossible. They are doing the best that they can with the data they’re given, and a lot of these predictions come directly from the data and models you admit to not understanding. It’s a thankless job.

Does it sometimes border on fear-mongering? I suppose. But in general, it’s better people be cognizant of and prepared for a worst-case scenario, and then have a relative nothing-burger, than to have a worst-case scenario hit with no one prepared or aware.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This is the wrong attitude to have. Predicting weather, let alone tropical systems, with any sort of accuracy in terms of location, track, and intensity more than a day or two in advance is notoriously next to impossible. They are doing the best that they can with the data they’re given, and a lot of these predictions come directly from the data and models you admit to not understanding. It’s a thankless job.

Does it sometimes border on fear-mongering? I suppose. But in general, it’s better people be cognizant of and prepared for a worst-case scenario, and then have a relative nothing-burger, than to have a worst-case scenario hit with no one prepared or aware.
'Predicting weather, let alone tropical systems, with any sort of accuracy in terms of location, track, and intensity more than a day or two in advance is notoriously next to impossible.'
no, it's not. my pals and i do it a lot, and many, many others as well. it's called normal people, hmmmm, outdoorsy types, who often look up and around, and can remember things for longer than a nanosecond. works pretty well for other things too, like health and finance.
it is often hype and fear mongering for the shut in crowd who apparently live their lives indoors, watching tv. the good thing is that we're getting wise to all the baloney.
Gallup: American Trust in Media Plummets; Only Congress Less Trusted (mediaite.com)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m sitting on my deck in sunshine right now with no rain and no wind, 25 miles down the coast ( almost right on the sound) from where this hit land. Weirdest weather thing I’ve ever experienced. Meanwhile my future in laws 8 miles from here in Essex are out .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m sitting on my deck in sunshine right now with no rain and no wind, 25 miles down the coast ( almost right on the sound) from where this hit land. Weirdest weather thing I’ve ever experienced. Meanwhile my future in laws 8 miles from here in Essex from are out .
Gonna get the scooter out?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Grateful it's not as bad as it could have been. Won't get as much OT, but I'm ok with that if the trees in my yard are still standing.
normal, rational people do not spend their days consumed with childish anger towards eversource, the folks who keep the lights on. especially those who understand the uphill climb they face dealing with tree huggers, notwithstanding the fact that we've got moar trees than anytime in the past century or so.
one of the toughest jobs that anyone can have is being the person who visits the homeowner to talk aboot upcoming tree trimming maintenance by eversource. brutal. they should wear flakjackets and carry tasers.
here's the quick version of my hourlong testimony before pura some years back, 'cut the trees!' i like pura, too.

Reaction Score
On the shore in Groton and our power just came back on. A boat broke loose and was playing ping pong with our neighbors dock, but other than that this was nothing. We didn't even get a storm surge lol, and now its 75 and sunny. What a weird storm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom