OT: - Hurricane Henri | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Hurricane Henri

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have a fridge full of Treehouse...let's do this. Everyone be safe if this pans out the way some are predicting.

Lol.

Was just going to make a post about stocking up on beer.......with the caveat storms are the time for Bud Lt, Mich Ultra, etc. Gotta stay nimble and capable. Throwing down DIPA's can really slow you down in a storm.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol.

Was just going to make a post about stocking up on beer.......with the caveat storms are the time for Bud Lt, Mich Ultra, etc. Gotta stay nimble and capable. Throwing down DIPA's can really slow you down in a storm.
Yeah… Some things are worth the risk

Reaction Score
The westward track of the storm makes it look like we'll have some rough winds here in Norwalk. Along with the storm surges, let's hope we don't have another Irene situation when a few blocks of SoNo were submerged underwater with boats floating down Water Street.

Any odd/unique storm preparations?

After last year's tropical storm, I've learned the importance of grinding our coffee beans the night before the storm. We brew our coffee on a Chemex, so all we need is hot water (boil water on the grill) and our filters.

#thegrind
Maritime garage let’s you park for free during these storms!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lol.

The real caveat here is that you have to have ample ice or a fridge on a generator as if Bud/Mich lite didn't already taste crappy cold, they're even worse at room temp.

I'd stick with a session beer.

Reaction Score
When the CEO of Eversource goes on TV and projects a 50% outage across the state and up to ten days to recover, for a storm with top winds of 70-75 MPH along the coast and 50-60 MPH inland, he is admitting total negligence. He should have submitted his resignation on the spot.
Setting the bar low enough to keep his word. The new normal.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You don’t live in the shoreline so you literally don’t understand how this going to effect these people. South of route 1 is mandatory evac from old saybrook to east haven
I understand that. However, they’re saying the whole state is facing days long power outages then when give you the actual forecast it looks way less threatening. Hoping my friends on the shore stay safe.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Setting the bar low enough to keep his word. The new normal.
I think there’s a new law that fines Eversource for outages lasting over 4 days. I wonder if that will hold up

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I understand that. However, they’re saying the whole state is facing days long power outages then when give you the actual forecast it looks way less threatening. Hoping my friends on the shore stay safe.
It's the trees which will knock down power lines.

Fallen trees and flooding will wreak havoc on traveling roads.

Plus, there's the possibility of tornadic activity anywhere with in the system. Often times out bands are ripe for tornadoes.

Biggest problem is people who get caught up in wind speed trying to determine the severity of a storm. Water surge is most dangerous part of the storm followed by people going near downed power lines.

Reaction Score
Y'all, just another thing to keep in mind. The ground is super saturated, least where I am in Litchfield county it is.

I saw lots of drainage torrents Thursday morning driving to work.

It doesn't take much to uproot a tree in those conditions. A super saturated ground and enough wind will blow even the deepest rooted tree over.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Update: I went to the more bougie grocery store in the next town, and holy moly the level of talent in there was astounding... College girls, to late 20's to MILFs, to Cougars, it was the thrill ride of the century...
we went to stop and shop on rt 1 around 5pm, cuz my station ran out of gas, and s&s was pumping. as soon as we walked in the store, u were spot on. must be sumthing in the air.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's the trees which will knock down power lines.

Fallen trees and flooding will wreak havoc on traveling roads.

Plus, there's the possibility of tornadic activity anywhere with in the system. Often times out bands are ripe for tornadoes.

Biggest problem is people who get caught up in wind speed trying to determine the severity of a storm. Water surge is most dangerous part of the storm followed by people going near downed power lines.
Fair points.

Reaction Score
Maritime garage let’s you park for free during these storms!
It does! I was down in sono last night (grew up there) and my friend moved his car there last night to get a good spot.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Meteorologists responded to the tweet saying those are not forecast, they’re shear lines (whatever that means lol). Path of the eye is still eastern CT/RI border
Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hanrahan seems to imply it’s going east:

'24H 23/0000Z 41.9N 71.8W 55 KT 65 MPH...INLAND'
it's where ur guy got his info from. the noaa 11pm forecast shows that they've moved the goalposts aboot 6/10ths of one degree longitude east.
next up? henry going over the wall of the gulfstream, a good thing. changes, particularly for windspeed lessening, are reasonable expected.

'Henri is almost out of time to strengthen, as the center will be
moving north of the north wall of the Gulf Stream during the next
several hours.' noaa.

stick with the original source. they don't have dog food commercials, or hype.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
One plus: not complaining about the amount of Rachel Frank that has been on my TV this evening.

Selfishly, latest track is best case for me in South Windsor. Out of the way of worst winds and avoiding the forecasted stall. Hoping it just keeps going east for everyone. Wouldn’t that be something?

Reaction Score
Shifted east at the 11pm update. Looking like 50 mph gusts in Hartford around noon.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
One plus: not complaining about the amount of Rachel Frank that has been on my TV this evening.

Selfishly, latest track is best case for me in South Windsor. Out of the way of worst winds and avoiding the forecasted stall. Hoping it just keeps going east for everyone. Wouldn’t that be something?
It would be really bad for ri….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom