OT: - Hurricane Henri | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Hurricane Henri

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Predicting 4-6" of rain in the Hartford area and much of the center of the state. Getting the worst of the rainfall throughout today and tomorrow. That's an insane amount of rain. Sounds like the wind will still gust but they aren't as concerned with power loss for a larger part of the state outside of the southeast part of the state.

Friends on the southeast of the state, stay safe. This is a scary storm for you all.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Getting pretty windy here in Southern RI. Gonna be a fun day. Over / under on trees I lose ?

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Should be fine if needed, but probably wouldnt make a habit of it. It will run but bad for long term engine health.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Folks, if you're in Connecticut, please be patient with us after the storm.

I work for that natural Monopoly that everyone hates. This is looking like it'll be a bad one.

It's going to take time to put everything back together. Stay off the streets and away from down power lines. Please please be safe and let the crews work.

Once the cleanup is done you can complain all you want.
You’re ( not you personally, the company ) on the clock after the snowshow last summer. Hopefully things were learned and corners stopped being cut as far as readied ground crews and communication.

Reaction Score
They need to take all the 'emergency crews recruited from other states' that they have here now....and have 'em come up and trim some trees during 'non-emergency' times...would be a big help....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol.

Was just going to make a post about stocking up on beer.......with the caveat storms are the time for Bud Lt, Mich Ultra, etc. Gotta stay nimble and capable. Throwing down DIPA's can really slow you down in a storm.

I recall Hurricane Gloria while I was at UConn. The liquor store by Ted’s completely ran out of beer. You saw guys carrying two cases walking around campus.

Meanwhile, the track is back to what it was three days ago, so aimed straight at me, still worse to the west side, so CT gets the brunt of it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Downgraded to tropical storm, but same impact generally forecast it seems. More rain, less wind; still problematic.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Live radar as of this moment - the center of the storm is tracking to hit the Ct/RI border almost dead on. Wind speed forecasts are being downgraded. Flooding will be a major problem from eastern Long Island sound out to Cape Cod along the coast.

Lots of rain ahead, but hopefully power outages won't be as bad as earlier scenarios indicated.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Has been barely a bad rainstorm along LI Sound west of New Haven. The Sound is quite calm and not especially heavy rain bands so far.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
You’re ( not you personally, the company ) on the clock after the snowshow last summer. Hopefully things were learned and corners stopped being cut as far as readied ground crews and communication.
Don't hold your breath.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just Starting to blow pretty good now on the old Lyme niantic border

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was only able to fill one trash bag full

1629645513347.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics