Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ic
Do you make your GF hold you tight at night to keep you safe from the mean, unsmiling, bad men?

Attachments

• IMG_20191120_090231648.jpg
    IMG_20191120_090231648.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Reaction Score
Khalid El-Amin is the guy most associate with bringing swagger to the program. His bravado helped vault UConn from final four wannabe to national champions.
But long before that Calhoun had to instill toughness, the refuse to take crap attitude that we didn’t have and that was allowing the BEast upper echelon to own the huskies. Lyman DePriest was a key player that brought the toughness. Lyman was not going to let anyone punk him. A physical statement needed to be made and he was the guy. I remember one play in particular where I think a Pitt player was all over DePriest near halfcourt and Lyman simply turned and delivered a sharp elbow. Foul on Lyman, but message received, UConn was NOT backing down any more. Next year’s huskies need a Lyman.

Lyman's best message ever was in the NIT semi-final chasing Ohio State's star around the perimeter. They were setting multiple screens and getting him open. DePriest simply ran through one screen, flattening the screener. He got called for that foul, but the screens immediately stopped being set.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn is undefeated against ranked opponents since the boneyard started disliking Chief’s comments
UConn lost to St. Joes after the mean girls debuted. They won against Florida after Chief came back. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Lyman's best message ever was in the NIT semi-final chasing Ohio State's star around the perimeter. They were setting multiple screens and getting him open. DePriest simply ran through one screen, flattening the screener. He got called for that foul, but the screens immediately stopped being set.
Believe it or not, I have a tape of the '88 NIT win and a working VCR (at least I think so) so I'm going to try to find time to watch it again. It's all part of my beginning of the season prep. Already watched the last three NCs. Maybe I can fit in '99 tonight, too.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
As I stated previously, we have taken security precautions, that I don’t plan on discussing. The obsession and instability outlined in my post above is why we had to take those precautions.

If you hoped your craziness would win, you were wrong. You lost.
Ooogala booogala.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is this where we are at? Post after post, name calling, threats to punch posters... all to show how v. not mad people are over a frowny face on a message board?

how sad. :(

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh boy, I’m gonna have to talk to my wife about upgrading our security system I think.

From yellow frowns to challenging manhood mano y mano. 0-60 in 2.2 sec. Bugatti style

Pun intended.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was one of my fave uconn games ever. At Pitt. Crazy tough crowd and team(back when the big east was insane).
Pitt had a 4 point lead with 10 seconds play and choked it away. Freeman was the forgotten hero of the final sequence. A bad Pitt pass was heading OB but Freeman saved it to Rip and he gave it El-Amin. Both announcers gave him some stick but after the game Freeman said he figured (rightly) Pitt would benefit from a reset more than UConn. Especially since UConn's play at the time would have been get the ball to El-Amin.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They won against Florida after I debuted my glorious shirt. Let's be honest here.
Your shirt was a master work, not gonna lie.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember the warn button in AOL Instant Messenger? If you got someone up to 100%, they couldn’t post for a bit. Can we get that in here next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom