Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Yeah, Chief, I respect how definitely not bothered by it you are.
If someone spent their entire day for weeks obsessively stalking you and disliking thousands of your posts from years ago - wouldn’t your consider it strange and creepy? What will he do as a psychological outlet after he completes disliking all 14,000 of my posts? How does he direct the misplaced anger then?

Reaction Score
If someone spent their entire day for weeks obsessively stalking you and disliking thousands of your posts from years ago - wouldn’t your consider it strange and creepy? What will he do as a psychological outlet after he completes disliking all 14,000 of my posts? How does he direct the misplaced anger then?
Have you hired security?

Reaction Score
I’m more worried about how you’re going to direct your anger.
D0D7B359-18D0-496B-B6AC-33B193262303.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No I'd find it hilarious

Reaction Score

Honest answer: I think I would give it as much thought as I give to pretty much anything that happens on an internet message board.

Chief rolling into Charleston this week:

1574301720751.png

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Saw this very situation played out on Law & Order recently and it didn't end well for anyone.

Reaction Score

I'd respect the grind.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What a Chunt you are...

I see the management cleaned up your punching post.

What's your girlfriend say, professionally and all, about that type of aggressive internet behavoir?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lyman was a great defender who rarely shot. So a few years after he graduated I got to “coach” him in a charity game. He was pretty free to do what he wanted. He was basically automatic shooting corner 3s. So I asked him why he pretty much never took that shot at UConn. He said that wasn’t meant to be his role and when he’d try them in practice, the whistle would blow and some big Irishman would shout “Hey you, off the court.” One of the few times I questioned Calhoun’s judgement. Lyman was a really good guy, too.
Very mature player. I remember when he pretty much saved a game after a couple of DNP's in a row and said without a trace of snark "I knew Coach would get back to me."

Annual reminder: DePriest was a Graphic Arts major and the Manchester Road Race still uses the logo he designed for them almost 30 years ago.
1574699513435.png

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Very mature player. I remember when he pretty much saved a game after a couple of DNP's in a row and said without a trace of snark "I knew Coach would get back to me."

Annual reminder: DePriest was a Graphic Arts major and the Manchester Road Race still uses the logo he designed for them almost 30 years ago.
View attachment 48543
Yes. Excellent artist and not an unusual talent for a lefty.

Reaction Score
The extra ball handler a lot of us thought we needed next year may not be a huge necessity anymore. Assuming JB returns next year, Cole, Gaffney as well as the emergence of Adams and Bouknight's ability to run the 1 at times gives us flexibility to go after top talent regardless of position.

Would still like more than 4 true guards on the roster to avoid disaster if guard injuries strike again like couple years ago, but let's go grab some rebounding or scoring talent if it's out there. No need to settle, even a high level sit-out transfer wouldn't be the worst thing here.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The extra ball handler a lot of us thought we needed next year may not be a huge necessity anymore. Assuming JB returns next year, Cole, Gaffney as well as the emergence of Adams and Bouknight's ability to run the 1 at times gives us flexibility to go after top talent regardless of position.

Would still like more than 4 true guards on the roster to avoid disaster if guard injuries strike again like couple years ago, but let's go grab some rebounding or scoring talent if it's out there. No need to settle, even a high level sit-out transfer wouldn't be the worst thing here.
I think we go after a late bloomer 2020 guard. We’ll have enough experience we don’t need to go the grad transfer route. 4 guards just isn’t enough for a Hurley coached team. I think we’ll look for a ball handler with grit, energy, toughness.

Reaction Score
DH is 3 for 3 with 2 TBD as it relates to his recruits. I’ll not second guess 1 more recruit, his track record thus far is more than impressive

I'd say 3/4. BA, AA, JB. With 2 TBD (RS and RC). I wouldn't call Gaffney a hit quite yet. He hasn't had much impact at all, but we knew coming in he was more a project in then B Adams mold. Year 2 improvement will be telling for Gaff.

Reaction Score
I'd say 3/4. BA, AA, JB. With 2 TBD (RS and RC). I wouldn't call Gaffney a hit quite yet. He hasn't had much impact at all, but we knew coming in he was more a project in then B Adams mold. Year 2 improvement will be telling for Gaff.
I don’t know Gaffney’s efficient and plays great D. If there’s an open look he’ll take it and make it most of the times. But what’s good is he doesn’t force or control the game, rather let’s it come to him and play with his other teamates

Reaction Score
After this weekend, I’m convinced we’ll be STACKED next year. I don’t think we’ll be able to get a grad transfer because there’s no immediate minutes available. I think it’ll be an underrecruited guard that is fine not contributing year 1.

We’ll have:
PG: Cole, Adams, Gaffney
SG: Bouknight and Jackson
SF: Polley and Sid
PF: Akok, Whaley, Springs
C: Carlton and Brown-Ferguson

Good luck finding a guy with 1 year of eligibility left that will join us with that depth. Like I said this weekend changed my perspective on next year. Guys are getting better and we have 4 new contributors coming in next year. I think we’re looking at a 24-25 win season

Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb and say Cole is going to be terrific.

Cole is going to be terrific. That’s a fact. Needs to work on his defense but offensively he’s a stud. He’ll take advantage of not being double teamed every possession like he was at Howard. Cole + Bouknight is going to be a scary backcourt.

Reaction Score
After this weekend, I’m convinced we’ll be STACKED next year. I don’t think we’ll be able to get a grad transfer because there’s no immediate minutes available. I think it’ll be an underrecruited guard that is fine not contributing year 1.

We’ll have:
PG: Cole, Adams, Gaffney
SG: Bouknight and Jackson
SF: Polley and Sid
PF: Akok, Whaley, Springs
C: Carlton and Brown-Ferguson

Good luck finding a guy with 1 year of eligibility left that will join us with that depth. Like I said this weekend changed my perspective on next year. Guys are getting better and we have 4 new contributors coming in next year. I think we’re looking at a 24-25 win season
I expect another RJ Cole/Springs to come in and sit for a year in the program. Forget who it was now but someone mentioned that's what Hurley wants to do to get guys adjusted to his system

Reaction Score
I don’t know Gaffney’s efficient and plays great D. If there’s an open look he’ll take it and make it most of the times. But what’s good is he doesn’t force or control the game, rather let’s it come to him and play with his other teamates

Not sure I'd say he plays great D right now, though I could easily just see that being a factor of his ankle not being at 100%. He's just been off balance a lot going laterally on D and tripping over himself, which feels like an ankle issue.

Reaction Score
Some questions that may influence who we go after are
-Is Javonte physically ready to play next year and not redshirt?
-Does Jackson play more like a guard that can handle or is he more of a SF like Sid?
-Is Bouknight a 1 and done?
-Will there be any high major sit-out transfers worth using a scholarship spot on?
-Is Cliff still in the picture?
-Who from 2021 can reclassify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member