Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley quote on 2020 late signing period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Khalid El-Amin is the guy most associate with bringing swagger to the program. His bravado helped vault UConn from final four wannabe to national champions.
But long before that Calhoun had to instill toughness, the refuse to take crap attitude that we didn’t have and that was allowing the BEast upper echelon to own the huskies. Lyman DePriest was a key player that brought the toughness. Lyman was not going to let anyone punk him. A physical statement needed to be made and he was the guy. I remember one play in particular where I think a Pitt player was all over DePriest near halfcourt and Lyman simply turned and delivered a sharp elbow. Foul on Lyman, but message received, UConn was NOT backing down any more. Next year’s huskies need a Lyman.
Anyone who doesn’t agree with this, watch video of El Amin jumping on the statistician table after a crazy win early on at Pitt (after they were hurling racial epithets at him the whole game). He was pounding his chest and it was a thing of beauty.
Then, going into the Final Four/championship game with the chip on his shoulder about being underdogs.
Then his “We SHOCKED the world!”
LOVE El Amin.

Reaction Score
Carlton almost went ballistic yesterday. But I'd rather see him turn that crazy on the opposition than the refs.

Reaction Score
Interesting name I stumbled upon when researching potential grad transfers is 6'5 Delaware SG Nate Darling. Averaging 26ppg right now there, transferred to UD from UAB, should have one more year of eligibility after this season.

Went to Dematha in high school so you know he has already been coached by quality coaches. Lights it up from 3. I'll try to find footage, but if we're looking for back court depth and scoring off the bench he seems like he could fit the bill. I could be dead wrong about if he is actually good but this is just me bored and procrastinating rn lol

19-32 from 3PT in 4 games, (8-10 against UTSA)
averaging 4.5 rebounds pg
not a great ast/to ratio

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If AG leaves, get a PG with the open scholarship. That’s the biggest need on this team.
RJ, Gaffney, Bouk, Adams is a little thin. In terms of the 1&2 positions. That should be where we’re looking for in terms of grad transfer

pj

Reaction Score
Interesting name I stumbled upon when researching potential grad transfers is 6'5 Delaware SG Nate Darling. Averaging 26ppg right now there, transferred to UD from UAB, should have one more year of eligibility after this season.

Went to Dematha in high school so you know he has already been coached by quality coaches. Lights it up from 3. I'll try to find footage, but if we're looking for back court depth and scoring off the bench he seems like he could fit the bill. I could be dead wrong about if he is actually good but this is just me bored and procrastinating rn lol

19-32 from 3PT in 4 games, (8-10 against UTSA)
averaging 4.5 rebounds pg
not a great ast/to ratio

Great idea.

Reaction Score
I want Cam Thomas, Big Cliff, a talented reclass, or high impact grad transfer.

Need at least 1 from that list.

Cam followed the money and Cliff is leaning toward Hurley if you believe predictions...just the wrong Hurley.

Reaction Score
Cam followed the money and Cliff is leaning toward Hurley if you believe predictions...just the wrong Hurley.
If we believed every prediction, Andre Jackson would be a Syracuse Orange(men?) right now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Thomas going to LSU just tells you that, money is flowing in the SEC just saying

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
RJ, Gaffney, Bouk, Adams is a little thin. In terms of the 1&2 positions. That should be where we’re looking for in terms of grad transfer
I don’t think we’ll be looking grad transfer initially. I think we’ll be looking 2020 or a 2021 reclass. Hurley is approaching this as a rebuild and the 2019 and 2020 classes are his foundation he wants as many longer term pieces as possible.

C

Chief00

@CTMike of course @tzznandrew gang working to destroy the discourse on the boneyard. Learn to use your big words and add to the discussion. Simply giving a dislike is what children do.
And @tzznandrew spending hours throughout every day for weeks going back and disliking 8 years of Chief’s or anyone’s posts is a sad obsession and commentary about your life. Sure you succeeded in driving my aggregated Likes down from 19k to11k by disliking thousands of posts no one has read in years as any mindless BOT could do. True, I could hire someone to waste their day doing it to you, but Chief is above that negativity. What you have revealed about your character and your psychological instability, you will never get back. You have defined and revealed yourself to others in a way no Like or Dislike button could do. It speaks for itself. At the same time, Chief’s Briefs FL OP set an all time record for Likes. My suggestion to you and your posse robots - if you don’t enjoy the award winning Briefs or have the capacity/curiosity to understand the game - don’t open the Briefs and let the vast majority of BY posters enjoy the discussion without your sad life negativity. Optimism always wins in the long game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
And @tzznandrew spending hours throughout every day for weeks going back and disliking 8 years of Chief’s or anyone’s posts is a sad obsession and commentary about your life. Sure you succeeded in driving my aggregated Likes down from 19k to11k by disliking thousands of posts no one has read in years as any mindless BOT could do. True, I could hire someone to waste their day doing it to you, but Chief is above that negativity. What you have revealed about your character and your psychological instability, you will never get back. You have defined and revealed yourself to others in a way no Like or Dislike button could do. It speaks for itself. At the same time, Chief’s Briefs FL OP set an all time record for Likes. My suggestion to you and your posse robots - if you don’t enjoy the award winning Briefs or have the capacity/curiosity to understand the game - don’t open the Briefs and let the vast majority of BY posters enjoy the discussion without your sad life negativity. Optimism always wins in the long game.
So you and your girl friends safety is no longer a concern? Glad to hear we are past that bull spit.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
@CTMike of course you gave me a dislike, your part of the @tzznandrew gang working to destroy the discourse on the boneyard. Learn to use your big words and add to the discussion. Simply giving a dislike is what children do.

Are you a child? The poster is a grown man,(I think) he doesn’t need you polluting threads to defend him. You can easily go back in history to like very post for whoever you like if you do choose. But do not attack the discussion of this great institution because you don’t like the actions of many of the most perfect posters in this board.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
@tzznandrew your dislikes of @Chief00 are childlike and expose you as an adolescent, or stalker. Make contributing posts or go away. You seem to be trying, but failing, to be the 5th grade playground bully. Learn to use your big words.
I hope I don't seem childish but, I have been liking every post @tzznandrew dislikes. Just trying to cancel some negativity here. I confess, I actually enjoy it. But sorry @Chief00 , I'm not going to go back 8,000 posts and undo the ridiculousness.

Reaction Score
Turning yet another thread into the Chief complains about tzznandrew deserves a legit dislike. We get it. Now stop please.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn’t agree with this, watch video of El Amin jumping on the statistician table after a crazy win early on at Pitt (after they were hurling racial epithets at him the whole game). He was pounding his chest and it was a thing of beauty.
Then, going into the Final Four/championship game with the chip on his shoulder about being underdogs.
Then his “We SHOCKED the world!”
LOVE El Amin.
That was one of my fave uconn games ever. At Pitt. Crazy tough crowd and team(back when the big east was insane). Student section was harassing him all game about his family and other over the top things. Then he hit winning bucket like ice water and jumped on scorers table. Calhoun yanking him off -was prolly funniest things i ever saw Calhoun do. But u kno deep down jimmy c was like “—- yeah!” All those students that were talking ish the whole game were speechless as el Amin pointed at them all while on scorers table. Great stuff. He could be my favorite uconn player of all time. There’s so many. Hard to choose.

Reaction Score
Someone forgot to die a hero and has now lived long enough to see themselves become the enemy. The only problem is that they only have their eyes on the accumulation of fake Internet points and they still don't realize that they've become the enemy.

Reaction Score
As I stated previously, we have taken security precautions, that I don’t plan on discussing. The obsession and instability outlined in my post above is why we had to take those precautions.

If you hoped your craziness would win, you were wrong. You lost.
It’s incredible to me what melty little snowflakes you and your fluffers proved to be.

Do you make your GF hold you tight at night to keep you safe from the mean, unsmiling, bad men?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Man, it’s embarrassing how overly sensitive people have become these days.
Embarrassing to whom? I don't get it.

What I'm mostly seeing this morning is an uptick in bad energy. It seems as though Sunday's joy has worn off, and bickering has filled a void in the run-up to a 3-game weekend.

Similar 'pre-game' anxiety elsewhere in the countdown to Sondland.

Boneyardin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99