Howard considering UConn? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Howard considering UConn?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Where do you get the idea that Blair doesn’t run sets? The criticism around here for years has been that players don’t have as much freedom as in a motion offense. It’s true that his sets are usually designed for someone other than the 4, though.
I’m a little spoiled. I guess running a pick and sort of a roll at the top of the key, where 95% if the time the guard shoots the ball is in fact running a set play.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The really interesting tidbit in this article is that Howard has only 5 schools lined up for visits per her mother Che: UConn, TN, MS St, Fl St & 1 other school (SC?). I'm liking UConn's chances more and more every day.

Che Howard: “She (Anriel) has put a little more pressure to the whole scenario because she wants to win a championship and she wants to make sure her career path lines up accordingly, she wants to contribute. The stipulations are a lot more vigorous this time around."

If the Howards are really talking about a national championship, there's only one school in there that I can think of that fills the bill and she's visiting it this weekend. Not sure her addition to Mississippi State would make up for the loss of Vivians. And she'd be better served in her pursuit of a championship staying at Texas A&M rather than head to Tennessee and/or Florida State. Just too much reloading at both schools. Maybe Louisville as the fifth school? With Anriel taking the sole starting spot left open (by Hines-Allen's graduation), the Cardinals could make another strong run.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The really interesting tidbit in this article is that Howard has only 5 schools lined up for visits per her mother Che: UConn, TN, MS St, Fl St & 1 other school (SC?). I'm liking UConn's chances more and more every day.
I’m not sure how things work for transfers, but HS recruits get 5 official (paid for) visits. Perhaps the Howard family wants to not spend their own money for this, which is very understandable.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m not sure how things work for transfers, but HS recruits get 5 official (paid for) visits. Perhaps the Howard family wants to not spend their own money for this, which is very understandable.
From the article it sounds like mom is making the rounds with Anriel. I view that as a net positive for UConn and Geno, who will likely charm Mrs. Howard.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
From the article it sounds like mom is making the rounds with Anriel. I view that as a net positive for UConn and Geno, who will likely charm Mrs. Howard.
I always thought Geno was great with Dads... and CViv was great with Moms

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Now I see, SCspur listed Mississippi State, Ville and UCONN. That leaves ND out. If that's it then, I'm liking UCONN'S chances.
Notre Dame is stacked and I'm certain the Muffet wasn't interested. She'll take on a transfer and even lie and cheat to get her immediate eligibility when she's hard up for warm bodies, but when she's flush it's a different story.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno may charm Mrs. Howard but if she is too demanding she will uncharm Geno. Yes, uncharm is a word. I know it's in my dictionary.

Reaction Score
Geno may charm Mrs. Howard but if she is too demanding she will uncharm Geno. Yes, uncharm is a word. I know it's in my dictionary.

I know what you mean. Geno does not grovel and UCONN deserves respect. They earned it.

Reaction Score
she is set to graduate from A&M in three years with a major in telecommunications media studies. That major will play a factor in the school she chooses, Che Howard said.

Don't see her coming to UCONN, but wouldn't having ESPN right down the road make a lot of sense?
Not the ESPN "thing" again. :rolleyes: From all accounts, her top priority is a team that can make a run to the Final 4 and potentially win it all. Besides, I would think Gary Blair (he could very well even suggested UConn to her) would be ok with that, if she decided on UConn and with the best coach in the country.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just to wet everyone’s appetite a little more. Previously, I’ve commented that Howard has some Gabulous qualities. Well it goes even further then I knew. Howard is also a track star. Her best event is the triple jump where she’s gone over 41’.

Admittedly, I know very little about Howard or Danni Williams, and you did whet my appetite. Since they're both contemplating coming to UConn, I thought I'd brush up on their bio's. I looked them up, here's what I found. For Anriel Howard - for Danni Williams. :cool:

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I know very little about Howard or Danni Williams, and you did whet my appetite. Since they're both contemplating coming to UConn, I thought I'd brush up on their bio's. I looked them up, here's what I found. For Anriel Howard - for Danni Williams. :cool:

Where did you here about Danni Williams considering a move? First time I heard about this development.

Reaction Score
If she chooses State, they would have potentially the greatest rebounding team EVER with TM and Howard.

Reaction Score
Word is, we didn’t offer Howard. Time to move on. Not sure about Williams. I’m sure Geno is skeptical to mess up chemistry at this point. Plenty of talent to win, still. More defined roles. Sounds like he’s comfortable with what he has.
I didn’t think UCONN would. She doesn’t have a good jump shot and she’s not a good passer and doesn’t have great handles. She’s a great rebounder though. I’ll give her that!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she chooses State, they would have potentially the greatest rebounding team EVER with TM and Howard.
Ummmm......no. UConn’s 2013-14 team went 40-0, outrebounded opponent’s by approximately 10 per game or around +400 for the season. The team started 2 1st team AA’s in the front court with 6’5” Steph & 6’4” Stewie, and frequently would also play 6’4” Kia Stokes up front with the 2 AA’s.

That was the greatest rebounding team EVER.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ummmm.no. UConn’s 2013-14 team went 40-0, outrebounded opponent’s by approximately 10 per game or around +400 for the season. The team started 2 1st team AA’s in the front court with 6’5” Steph & 6’4” Stewie, and frequently would also play 6’4” Kia Stokes up front with the 2 AA’s.

That was the greatest rebounding team EVER.

That UConn team was +12 in rebound margin. The last two Baylor teams were +20 and +18.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That UConn team was +12 in rebound margin. The last two Baylor teams were +20 and +18.
You’re comparing a UConn team that played and beat 15 ranked teams vs two Baylor teams that faced more cupcakes then you see at a school bake sale. I’ll take the 2013-14 Huskies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You’re comparing a UConn team that played and beat 15 ranked teams vs two Baylor teams that faced more cupcakes then you see at a school bake sale. I’ll take the 2013-14 Huskies.

I was actually talking about the 14-15 team that rebounded better.

I get that Baylor doesn't face the same competition that UConn does but they were still an incredible rebounding team, not just against lesser opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom