Howard considering UConn? | The Boneyard

Howard considering UConn?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Howard from TAMU is considering UConn?

Reaction Score
Anriel Howard is the real deal! She is a Gabby clone! A fantastic athlete that plays way bigger than her 5'11" as Gabby did!
She has gone for 20+ points and 25 rebounds! She is a rebounding machine!
It would be a major + if UCONN could get her for her graduate year to bring ONO along slowly and make sure her knee is healing!
Wow had no clue she had an extra year and was looking for a new team! I love her game!

Reaction Score
IMG_0495.JPG
Howard averaged 12 rebounds per game this past season, second in the SEC, and is A&M's career and season rebounding leader, despite being an undersized post player at just 5-foot-11. She also ranked 36th in the nation last year in rebounding rate, according to Her Hoop Stats.

Read more here: An elite rebounder could transfer from Texas A&M — and she has history with USC

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Yes, Ariel Howard is a beast at rebounding. I do not know if she would buy into C.D.'s way of things. Ariel is too flamboyant (weave, eyelashes and uniform).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, Ariel Howard is a beast at rebounding. I do not know if she would buy into C.D.'s way of things. Ariel is too flamboyant (weave, eyelashes and uniform).
Why do people keep saying this stuff? UConn players wear makeup and have weaves; they've always been able to individualize themselves.

Reaction Score

Can I give you some friendly advice? Please stop commenting on women’s appearances; it has nothing to do with their basketball ability and it makes you look antiquated and small minded.

Also, you obviously know very little about hair extensions, makeup, etc. if you believe no one on Uconn wears these things on the court.

Reaction Score
Can I give you some friendly advice? Please stop commenting on women’s appearances; it has nothing to do with their basketball ability and it makes you look antiquated and small minded.

Also, you obviously know very little about hair extensions, makeup, etc. if you believe no one on Uconn wears these things on the court.
I wish I could 'like' this 50 times. So damn annoying when I read comments like the one you replied to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
No way the coaching staff takes her. They don’t want her.

bbballfan23- - -Why wouldn't UCONN 's coaching staff not want Anriel Howard?
Everytime I've heard her speak she was intelligent and personable.
Especially with Azura leaving, getting a top flight rebounder, IMHO would be a necessity! Her offensive game is consistent also.
She is a tremendous athlete, a Gabby clone, and Gabby sure worked out great for 4 years!
If I were Geno I would give Anriel a call and set up a conversation to test possible interest!
If she signed on she can give ONO a chance to improve at her own pace and not push the knee injury!
Definitely a Win/Win situation!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is intriguing. Generally, I don’t think Geno would take a kid who could play only one year, because learning the UConn system often takes more than one year. But I think Geno should be flexible and discuss it with CD, Marissa, and Shea. Would Howard want UConn? I don’t know, but I think her chances of winning are better in Storrs than in SC or at MSU. Would she consider ND? I hope not!!

Reaction Score
I think her chances of winning are better in Storrs than in SC or at MSU. Would she consider ND? I hope not!!

Howard and McCowan at MSU would be a rebounding machine. Schaefer probably has her number on speed dial with needing to replace 4 seniors.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just to wet everyone’s appetite a little more. Previously, I’ve commented that Howard has some Gabulous qualities. Well it goes even further then I knew. Howard is also a track star. Her best event is the triple jump where she’s gone over 41’.

Reaction Score
Just to wet everyone’s appetite a little more. Previously, I’ve commented that Howard has some Gabulous qualities. Well it goes even further then I knew. Howard is also a track star. Her best event is the triple jump where she’s gone over 41’.
41 feet? That makes Gabby’s 62 inches pale in comparison.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
41 feet? That makes Gabby’s 62 inches pale in comparison.
Actually, Gabby jumped 6’2” + in the high jump, which is of course a different event than the triple jump. What I thought was interesting is that both Gabby & Howard were outstanding track athletes in the jumping events.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure this would really fill a gap. I just can't see her starting because she has never played in a motion offense like UConn. If she wanted to learn that style to prepare her for the next level and come off the bench then maybe it could work.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this would really fill a gap. I just can't see her starting because she has never played in a motion offense like UConn. If she wanted to learn that style to prepare her for the next level and come off the bench then maybe it could work.

You could argue she was always in motion staying out of Carters way :)

Reaction Score

you're right.............there's absolutely nothing wrong with Geno wearing hair extensions.........:rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This is intriguing. Generally, I don’t think Geno would take a kid who could play only one year, because learning the UConn system often takes more than one year. But I think Geno should be flexible and discuss it with CD, Marissa, and Shea. Would Howard want UConn? I don’t know, but I think her chances of winning are better in Storrs than in SC or at MSU. Would she consider ND? I hope not!!

Hah! Ms. Howard had a field day against ND in the regional semi-finals, scoring 26 points and snagging 14 rebounds in only 30 minutes. If she didn't run into foul trouble, it could've been an even closer game (and it was close). Her persistence on rebounding was/is reminiscent of Gabby Williams, but was not the defensive presence of the divine Ms. Williams (who is?). Plus, her three-point shooting is up and down, from what I've read (but that can be addressed). Not sure she'd be a fit for ND either, but I'm guessing MM, Niele, Beth Morgan Cunningham and Carol Owens would have a talk on it.

Personally, I thought she was part of a fine mix in A&M and wonder what's up there. However, I highly doubt Mississippi State would consider her, given the close ties between Blair and Schaefer.

If you're going to leave a potential Top Ten team, my gut thinks you do so only if: you really want to get out of the school you're about to graduate from (in August, right?); you want a chance to win a title in one year with a team that's quite a bit better than the school you're planning on leaving; and/or, there's a grad program at a school you want to attend. Will be interesting to see what her research finds and/or where her inner compass points her to after August.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom