Hmm. Who am I gonna hang? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hmm. Who am I gonna hang?

Reaction Score
Soaking in that sweet victory tonight got me to thinking. I need to find me a victim in the next couple weeks.

The Judge is a wise and fair administer of Boneyard law and lives by the “guilty until proven innocent” credo. And I’ll listen to your suggestions. Even the really stupid ones.

But make no mistakes. We’re baaaaaaaack.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Is it appropriate to ask if there are rules to nominating someone to be hanged/hung? Are we supposed to nominate someone you dislike.... or sorta secretly like. Or is either option ok. As long as your argument is convincing?
Everything's in fun here. Life's too short to not like someone on a message board.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you come to Fargo I'll buy you a drink at the diviest bar in town. Or the one that's closest to my house.
joel coen lol GIF by Maudit

Reaction Score
Instead of a hanging, what if someone where given a task. Something that would help the team, the board and improve our mojo. Call it a quest. I know we aren't supposed to mention an individual who recently parted ways with the Yard. But what if someone crossed the divide to the other forum that also isn't supposed to be mentioned. Convinced said individual to return. Acquiesced to his demands if possible. Sorta like a catholic priest whipping themselves as punishment for their own sins. This would be the Yard's penance, but also our attempt to extend a hand in the spirit of Connecticut Basketball brotherhood. It might just improve mojo.

It's just a thought. Not married to it.

Reaction Score
Instead of a hanging, what if someone where given a task. Something that would help the team, the board and improve our mojo. Call it a quest. I know we aren't supposed to mention an individual who recently parted ways with the Yard. But what if someone crossed the divide to the other forum that also isn't supposed to be mentioned. Convinced said individual to return. Acquiesced to his demands if possible. Sorta like a catholic priest whipping themselves as punishment for their own sins. This would be the Yard's penance, but also our attempt to extend a hand in the spirit of Connecticut Basketball brotherhood. It might just improve mojo.

It's just a thought. Not married to it.
Of course then we can hang his a**

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And either Senhor OR Charlie Sheen should get me a lifetime reprieve from any criticism here....never mind that I came up with both.
Senhor was magical. It fueled a great run and was literally LOL stuff on a daily basis. @tcf15 was brilliant that year. Some of the best stuff on the BY.

(Oh and the team picked up on it too. You will never convince me that the "reverse waive" was anything other than a Senhor tribute.)

Not that Charlie Sheen wasn't a good one too. But Senhor is peak Boneyard.

CL82

Reaction Score
August has already been hanged. That one failed also.
That may have been due more to implementation than sentence.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Senhor was magical. It fueled a great run and was literally LOL stuff on a daily basis. @tcf15 was brilliant that year. Some of the best stuff on the BY.

(Oh and the team picked up on it too. You will never convince me that the "reverse waive" was anything other than a Senhor tribute.)

Not that Charlie Sheen wasn't a good one too. But Senhor is peak Boneyard.
Well, he also gave us this. And no matter how many turkey and ketchup sandwiches ADub had to eat, he could never overcome the anti-mojo of Deepster's idol. And for the better part of the next four years, we all suffered - one weekend in the NCAAs, a pedestrian 65-64 record over that time.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll throw my hat in the ring. I have no idea of the rules but I've been hung my whole life.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well, he also gave us this. And no matter how many turkey and ketchup sandwiches ADub had to eat, he could never overcome the anti-mojo of Deepster's idol.
Yeah well there is some gold in that thread. Great hanging sentences are not only generate mojo, but are fun. "Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie" was a hysterical reply. Where it went wrong was in allowing August to pick different turkey and vague ketchup like products. If we had stuck with mojo sandwich, we'd have another natty right now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, he also gave us this. And no matter how many turkey and ketchup sandwiches ADub had to eat, he could never overcome the anti-mojo of Deepster's idol. And for the better part of the next four years, we all suffered - one weekend in the NCAAs, a pedestrian 65-64 record over that time.
What a boondoggle that was.

Reaction Score
The worry with Nelson, which would have to have a "two bigs" theme, is that he might not play along, and the mojo would drain away.

Can’t the theme be how someone without one big can be so focused on two bigs? Is it just compensation?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Can’t the theme be how someone without one big can be so focused on two bigs? Is it just compensation?
Start preparing your neck my friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom