Hmm. Who am I gonna hang? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hmm. Who am I gonna hang?

Reaction Score
Soaking in that sweet victory tonight got me to thinking. I need to find me a victim in the next couple weeks.

The Judge is a wise and fair administer of Boneyard law and lives by the “guilty until proven innocent” credo. And I’ll listen to your suggestions. Even the really stupid ones.

But make no mistakes. We’re baaaaaaaack.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Deep, any chance for a Cliffs Notes version of the rules of the selection of the hangee and the rules that must be followed to complete their mission? I know I've witnessed the brilliance of many of them but I can't say I know the history of how it started and what it entails.

We've got a lot of new blood on the BY these days because we're winning again. Maybe a quick rundown of the rules so we get them and me caught up to speed?

@SportsFan88 , not a bad idea for you young pups, right Brother? We should be proud of our dysfunctional culture here and pass it on.
It's a sordid tale of a man so possessed by his greed for free pizza, he was willing to sell his soul to the Devil. Blue Devils, specifically. But I'll not steal any more of Deep's thunder.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Having recently been through a nearly two year probate/civil extravaganza, I can get behind hanging some lawyers.

I just don't know if it's "the one" yet.
Most people don’t realize that probate litigation is usually worse than divorce. Especially if between siblings.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Really not sure why this is still being debated. There can be only one and that one is:

1614909867766.png

Reaction Score
As requested, a history of the March Yard hangings for the young blood. Apologies for any blurry memories. Feel free to correct me where I may have slipped with some of the history here.

March 1999. After falling short the year before, UConn went into this season and the postseason on a mission. When they won the Big East Tourney over St John’s the hype was higher than it’d ever been. Someone on the Yard made a Boneyard ESPN Pizza Hut Bracket Challenge. You could see the standings and total pts and everyone’s prediction of the final champion. 5 people on the Yard picked Duke to win it all. Dogfather, a beloved regular at the time, led that charge and backed it up with the lame reasoning that he wanted to win the entire challenge and get free pizzas. Dove was also one of the Dukie 5 and to this day has never shown a single bit of remorse. Maybe that’s why I hate him so much. I don’t remember the others. Maybe someone else will.

From there, I recall being one of the main group that outed them and relentlessly ridiculed them for it. At this point, I don’t even remember what their punishment was at the time, but we fancied up a quick mock trial and slammed a guilty charge down on them. UConn wins 6 straight, takes home their first title and the rest is history.

And it sorta just took off with a life of it’s own. We’d make the postseason, I’d drum up a reason and a poster, hang them and give them a sentence and the trophy case got really full.

If I had to say, the method to my madness on choosing who to hang is as follows:
  1. It helped to pick someone who didn’t like it. The more they kick and scream? The better it is for the team. The more they refuse to comply? The more whipped up the Yard masses got and somehow that seemed to result in titles.
  2. The punishment needed to be catchy. Unique. Relevant. Have some sizzle. Some years were better than others. Some were flops. Some were nuclear.
Winning. The year where Charlie Sheen was the theme was 2011, I don’t even remember who got hung. It was the year he flew off the rails and had those crazy tiger blood quotes and was high and banging multiple adult film stars at once. The whole #winning thing just seemed to click and they won 5 games in 5 days with Kemba playing like it was a video game. The Yard was flooded with Sheen and Winning memes. And there was one day where the back page of the NY Post had a picture of UConn or Kemba and in the bottom right hand corner was a headline about Charlie Sheen and I always remembered that being cool.

Senhor. 2014. I felt this team underachieved. I think they were like #15 in the country heading into the tourney and, I’ll admit….I have never been Bazz fan. There was something about him that never clicked with me. All year long, I was frustrated and they got blown out by Louisville 81-48 the last game of the regular season. During that season, I think it was Prankster who found this mascot for testicular cancer, Senhor Testiculo. Every game he’d give an award for the player who had the “biggest balls”. I hated that too and the mascot was hideous.

So, before the Big East tournament, I posted a rant (which I wish I had) how this team and Shabazz in particular, didn’t have the balls to make a serious run. Wow. The photoshops and memes and crazy content came in like an avalanche (tcf15 for MVP there). And, to this day, I don’t know how the heck it all happened. There are articles on it if you google “Boneyard Senhor Testiculo” and the team started doing the dance on the sidelines where they were juggling their big swinging balls. If you click the YouTube video link here:

You’ll see a crowd of people all doing what, I have to assume, is the Senhor dance. I mean, in my heart, I really do think it was that sentence that started the fire but I’ll never know.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
As requested, a history of the March Yard hangings for the young blood. Apologies for any blurry memories. Feel free to correct me where I may have slipped with some of the history here.

March 1999. After falling short the year before, UConn went into this season and the postseason on a mission. When they won the Big East Tourney over St John’s the hype was higher than it’d ever been. Someone on the Yard made a Boneyard ESPN Pizza Hut Bracket Challenge. You could see the standings and total pts and everyone’s prediction of the final champion. 5 people on the Yard picked Duke to win it all. Dogfather, a beloved regular at the time, led that charge and backed it up with the lame reasoning that he wanted to win the entire challenge and get free pizzas. Dove was also one of the Dukie 5 and to this day has never shown a single bit of remorse. Maybe that’s why I hate him so much. I don’t remember the others. Maybe someone else will.

From there, I recall being one of the main group that outed them and relentlessly ridiculed them for it. At this point, I don’t even remember what their punishment was at the time, but we fancied up a quick mock trial and slammed a guilty charge down on them. UConn wins 6 straight, takes home their first title and the rest is history.

And it sorta just took off with a life of it’s own. We’d make the postseason, I’d drum up a reason and a poster, hang them and give them a sentence and the trophy case got really full.

If I had to say, the method to my madness on choosing who to hang is as follows:
  1. It helped to pick someone who didn’t like it. The more they kick and scream? The better it is for the team. The more they refuse to comply? The more whipped up the Yard masses got and somehow that seemed to result in titles.
  2. The punishment needed to be catchy. Unique. Relevant. Have some sizzle. Some years were better than others. Some were flops. Some were nuclear.
Winning. The year where Charlie Sheen was the theme was 2011, I don’t even remember who got hung. It was the year he flew off the rails and had those crazy tiger blood quotes and was high and banging multiple adult film stars at once. The whole #winning thing just seemed to click and they won 5 games in 5 days with Kemba playing like it was a video game. The Yard was flooded with Sheen and Winning memes. And there was one day where the back page of the NY Post had a picture of UConn or Kemba and in the bottom right hand corner was a headline about Charlie Sheen and I always remembered that being cool.

Senhor. 2014. I felt this team underachieved. I think they were like #15 in the country heading into the tourney and, I’ll admit….I have never been Bazz fan. There was something about him that never clicked with me. All year long, I was frustrated and they got blown out by Louisville 81-48 the last game of the regular season. During that season, I think it was Prankster who found this mascot for testicular cancer, Senhor Testiculo. Every game he’d give an award for the player who had the “biggest balls”. I hated that too and the mascot was hideous.

So, before the Big East tournament, I posted a rant (which I wish I had) how this team and Shabazz in particular, didn’t have the balls to make a serious run. Wow. The photoshops and memes and crazy content came in like an avalanche (tcf15 for MVP there). And, to this day, I don’t know how the heck it all happened. There are articles on it if you google “Boneyard Senhor Testiculo” and the team started doing the dance on the sidelines where they were juggling their big swinging balls. If you click the YouTube video link here:

You’ll see a crowd of people all doing what, I have to assume, is the Senhor dance. I mean, in my heart, I really do think it was that sentence that started the fire but I’ll never know.

Yup, this is the type of BY history that gets mentioned frequently that we need to give every yarder access to as a reference.

And please don't apologize for my blurry memories.

Those are 100% on me.

1614911378324.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score

In 1999 I lived in Los Angeles. I bought a bunch of adhesive letters and wrote "El Amin is soo Fat!" on the rear window of my van. Drove a VW van at the time. Deliberately spelled fat with an F. Instead of PH.... which was trendy at the time. I thought I was being self depricating and ironic. I was young.

Anyways, I wish I was aware of the Boneyard at the time. Would of told @Dove and others what's up. I spent months telling my LA friends that my boys were gunna win it. They thought I was nuts. They didn't know s*** either. Flew into Orlando. Drove to Tampa. Watched live. Saw Grant Hill in the arena as well as a few of our former players. Told Grant that Duke sucked. He smiled.

Thanks for the background

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I don’t remember what happened in 2004.

When was the Dogmania hanging? And am I remembering correctly that it started as a one-sentence limit per post and he whined so badly after the first weekend that you modified it and allowed him to post in haiku instead?

Reaction Score
Deep, any chance for a Cliffs Notes version of the rules of the selection of the hangee and the rules that must be followed to complete their mission? I know I've witnessed the brilliance of many of them but I can't say I know the history of how it started and what it entails.

We've got a lot of new blood on the BY these days because we're winning again. Maybe a quick rundown of the rules so we get them and me caught up to speed?

@SportsFan88 , not a bad idea for you young pups, right Brother? We should be proud of our dysfunctional culture here and pass it on.
LOL that sounds like a plan O.G.

Reaction Score

When was the Dogmania hanging? And am I remembering correctly that it started as a one-sentence limit per post and he whined so badly after the first weekend that you modified it and allowed him to post in haiku instead?
I always thought it was he had to post anything in haiku. Literally frazzled his brain. I have to think it was somewhere between 2004 and 2011 when we didn't win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was a time when simply requesting something like this warranted a hanging in and of itself.

“We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
“Ulysses” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

In 2004 we had the best team we have had or will ever have. And so, they took care of business. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, we were merely along for the ride.

Reaction Score
And I would be honored and would do my time like a man. But I hope I'd be given an explanation for why and what I need to do to exonerate myself.
Exonerate yourself? You believe that actual guilt has anything to do with being hung?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Exonerate yourself? You believe that actual guilt has anything to do with being hung?

You just proved my point, Samoo. Thank you. I've been here a while and I have no clue what some of the historic BY talking points are about. I know enough to realize @Deepster 's annual hanging is about the mojo but 75% of the BY probably doesn't even know that. I'm cool if those who have been here forever have their inside lingo but at least share the history with those of us who are loyal to the cause but may be new to your games.

And never once have I ever felt guilty for being hung.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Opinions are like but hear me out here. What about @intlzncster?

1) no one knows how to pronounce it beyond a handful of mid 90s hip hop fans (intel zinczter?)
2) his takes on candy are trash. Rubbish. Straight garbage. Will chew necco wafers in your face.
3) he might very well be chasing aliens (outer space kind) as we speak
4) he went off-grid last summer and hasn’t been heard from since... likely because of aliens.
5) that means he’s done nothing offensive the last 9 months to deserve a hanging and quite frankly I find that offensive.

Reaction Score
Love catching up on BY hanging history it’s a great read. But can we just grab someone and throw them on the chair with a rope around their neck for crying out loud? We have to get some momentum for a surprise run!

You agree huskymagic?:oops::D

Last edited:

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
C h i e f for starting the bouk quitting and going to the nba rumor would be a good one for the mojo. Or tem for banning said poster

Reaction Score
Love catching up on BY hanging history it’s a great read. But can we just grab someone and throw them on the chair with a rope around their neck for crying out loud? We have to get some momentum for a surprise run!

You agree huskymagic?
This is a good one, we're gonna need that mojo while a NJ guard leads us to a championship

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom