Hmm. Who am I gonna hang? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Hmm. Who am I gonna hang?

Reaction Score
Soaking in that sweet victory tonight got me to thinking. I need to find me a victim in the next couple weeks.

The Judge is a wise and fair administer of Boneyard law and lives by the “guilty until proven innocent” credo. And I’ll listen to your suggestions. Even the really stupid ones.

But make no mistakes. We’re baaaaaaaack.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't think it's an issue for you, but for anyone who has siblings or more than one child, an ounce of prevention is worth much more than the six figures and emotional toll of probate litigation. People tend to be specific about money, investments, real estate and other major assets and then leave the rest, or "residue", of their estates to their children or next of kin to share equally, figuring that they are not getting into assigning lamps, books, rugs, etc. Surprisingly, that's usually where the fights start.

It can easily be prevented with some very basic planning, by giving away specific things before death or identifying them specifically in the will; and/or by having a built-in default mechanism for beneficiaries to select among the estate assets, which functions something like a fantasy sports draft and removes the emotional aspect.

I have found that the fights are seldom about money, but more about sentimental things that are basically proxies for people to argue about who was loved more, owed more, abused more, etc. You think divorce was draining? Try blood feuds going back to childhood or earlier.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't think it's an issue for you, but for anyone who has siblings or more than one child, an ounce of prevention is worth much more than the six figures and emotional toll of probate litigation. People tend to be specific about money, investments, real estate and other major assets and then leave the rest, or "residue", of their estates to their children or next of kin to share equally, figuring that they are not getting into assigning lamps, books, rugs, etc. Surprisingly, that's usually where the fights start.

It can easily be prevented with some very basic planning, by giving away specific things before death or identifying them specifically in the will; and/or by having a built-in default mechanism for beneficiaries to select among the estate assets, which functions something like a fantasy sports draft and removes the emotional aspect.

I have found that the fights are seldom about money, but more about sentimental things that are basically proxies for people to argue about who was loved more, owed more, abused more, etc. You think divorce was draining? Try blood feuds going back to childhood or earlier.
You know, ADub may be onto something with this whole hanging lawyers thingy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, non-specific hangings lack commitment. Above all, module requires commitment.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It certainly has the benefit of quantity.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I just assign my debt to each and every item. Problem solved. Conflict avoidance. Suck it lawyers.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
;)Meh, non-specific hangings lack commitment. Above all, module requires commitment.
I agree. I put all your names in a drawing. I pulled your name. :cool:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"always trust content from Adub"
Yes, let's trust the last guy who was hanged, who interpreted a sentence of turkey and ketchup sandwiches--which had been clearly understood to comprise cold cuts and Heinz--as turkey pate with fig jam and eau de ketchup.

If you think that ruined the mojo, wait until you have actual lawyers interpreting and fighting over it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes, let's trust the last guy who was hanged, who interpreted a sentence of turkey and ketchup sandwiches--which had been clearly understood to comprise cold cuts and Heinz--as turkey pate with fig jam and eau de ketchup.

If you think that ruined the mojo, wait until you have actual lawyers interpreting and fighting over it.

I ate Boars head sausalito turkey on a sub roll with Heinz ketchup.

I played my part.

and you obtuse nutjobs are exactly what the mojo requires, you will litigate your sentence. No doubt about it.

Reaction Score
Love catching up on BY hanging history it’s a great read. But can we just grab someone and throw them on the chair with a rope around their neck for crying out loud? We have to get some momentum for a surprise run!

You agree huskymagic?:oops::D
What is Huskymagic's thing? Always wants Polley in the game? Sanogo is net negative? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. I suspect both (Sanogo and Polley) would be lights out if Huskymagic was selected

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
youre already on the chopping block because like @HuskyHawk you have 2 teams in your handle. Ridiculous.

are you a lawyer too?

There was a HawkHusky at one time. I think he was a St. Joes and UConn fan. I at least have them in the correct order. Went to the UConn - KU game at Kemper in KC wearing a Champion UCONN sweatshirt. It didn't go well for us that day, but I'm comfortable with my bona fides.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What Huskymagic's thing? Always wants Polley in the game? Sanogo is net negative? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. I suspect both (Sanogo and Polley) would be lights out if Huskymagic was selected

If he wasn't on chat when Polley was on the court I'd think he was Polley. Has to be a relative or friend or something. It is the strangest obsession.

Reaction Score
If he wasn't on chat when Polley was on the court I'd think he was Polley. Has to be a relative or friend or something. It is the strangest obsession.
Is he also the Sanogo is net negative guy? I'd be on board with hanging whoever that is.

August_West

Reaction Score
There was a HawkHusky at one time. I think he was a St. Joes and UConn fan. I at least have them in the correct order. Went to the UConn - KU game at Kemper in KC wearing a Champion UCONN sweatshirt. It didn't go well for us that day, but I'm comfortable with my bona fides.
i remember him.

You can bonafide change your handle.

Greg Oestertag aint walking through this door. Stop hedging.

Reaction Score
If it's up to me it's gotta be the "we can't win with Hurley" guy or the "Sanogo is net negative" guy. I also like the alliteration in net negative. Maybe punishment involves some sort of requirement the poster use alliteration in all their posts? Again, just a thought.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Meh, non-specific hangings lack commitment. Above all, module requires commitment.
On the other hand, the sentence will land on multiple heads and amplify any possible mojo gains. The punishment would have to be well-thought out given the far-reaching consequences.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
You've got a tough thing to deal with this year @Deepster. Do you invoke Hot sauce? Do you shun it? Do you ignore it? With it looms the presence of @Penfield. A first Ballot hall of famer yarder who has blessed us with quality edits (shout out my profile pic), attended the floor seats Duke game courtesy of being a UConn super fan and started the whole hot sauce fundraiser in the first place.

There's juice there for sure, but there are many including @August_West who shun the fad as a failed mojo attempt.

What to do?

it was long term mojo.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Ive been waiting. Wanted to do it for the kids. But my challenge wasnt accepted.

i already drank 2 million scoville sauce so don’t blame me. If we get $25k after winning the BET are you still in?

August_West

Reaction Score
i already drank 2 million scoville sauce so don’t blame me. If we get $25k after winning the BET are you still in?
Link please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom