OT: - Hit me with your best Thanksgiving side dishes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Hit me with your best Thanksgiving side dishes

Reaction Score
If thanksgiving food was so great there would be restaraunts selling the stuff year round. I mean the profit margin on Turkey is astronomical. stuff is, what, 79 cents a lb? But nodody does it, because nobody would order any of that crap on a nice night out, not even the people who pretend to like it on Thanksgiving.
There are. One in New Hampshire, and plenty of others do turkey dinners diners have it on the menu all the time, but since you don't have turkey that often having a once or twice a year is pretty good because you get tired of eating the same old stuff.

Reaction Score
I was at a work thing last week and they served a thanksgiving buffet lunch... like, no. We don’t need the food all month! It’s gross. Stop it already!

Reaction Score
french dressing- mashed potatoes with minced meat inside

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If thanksgiving food was so great there would be restaraunts selling the stuff year round. I mean the profit margin on Turkey is astronomical. stuff is, what, 79 cents a lb? But nodody does it, because nobody would order any of that crap on a nice night out, not even the people who pretend to like it on Thanksgiving.
1574713707807.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are. One in New Hampshire, and plenty of others do turkey dinners diners have it on the menu all the time, but since you don't have turkey that often having a once or twice a year is pretty good because you get tired of eating the same old stuff.

No you dont. Not good stuff.

I could have a Russ and Daughters Super Heebster Bagel every morning for the rest of my life, walk a block down and have a Katz's Pastrami for lunch that same day every day.

Because it is tasty food.

I might vary my dinners a bit....... and none of them would include Turkey, not even once or twice a year.

I mean by your logic a Turd would taste good once a year because you havent tasted it all year?

Im sorry but I'll go on a decade turd eating drought and still not enjoy it.

August_West

Reaction Score

Arbys always killing it.

If you MUST have Turkey on thanksgiving that is a WAY better option than the overcooked white meat/ raw dark meat flavorless dreck 90% are going to sit down to on Thursday.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Go on... do you roast it all? Or add the pears/nuts after?
Pear and sprouts at the same time but separated.. Nuts are coarse ground and are only in for last 5 minutes. Out of the oven the pear is chopped up with spatula and everything gets tossed in the sheet pan with fresh lemon juice. Plate
Ill send a link later.

Reaction Score
I've been deep frying turkey for the last few years so that's made it palatable. Over the years have also switched from crunchy green beans to green bean casserole...side effect of marrying a southern girl (i still prefer my vegetables quick saute and not soggy).

We just did a "real thanksgiving" with the usual food suspects this past weekend with friends and then will be doing a ham and mac n cheese for actual thanksgiving at my folks since no one in my family likes turkey anyways

August_West

Reaction Score
Well Pillsbury crescents can be eaten every day...

they are especially delightful wrapped around mini kielbasa... pigs in a blanket style.

August_West

Reaction Score

Holy lolz, What a beat down...... They are getting it out of their backyard. Thats insane! Can you imagine the clientele at that place on a summer day in July? I may go just to document for the yard.

and you stretching for a place in New Hampshire is the exception that proves the rule. That is a fetish shop not a restaraunt. No difference than a nut job paying to be pooped on in Vegas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love Thanksgiving turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. Stuffing too if heavy on sausage and without onions. Nobody likes a dry turkey and there are ways to avoid that. I enjoy smoking them, and the best I've had were deep fried. Turkey is probably the most common lunch meat as well, so I don't buy the idea that nobody likes Turkey. The main issue is that it's too much work.

Reaction Score
My contribution is making the wild rice ( the good stuff from a Indian reservation in Wisconsin) and the tastiest and moistest banana nut bread around.

August_West

Reaction Score
Quick question...where can I get pimento sticks really fast?

I have some in my garage at my old house.

How many you need?

30 bucks a stick and Im giving you a deal.

Jerk turkey isnt a bad idea actually. you'd have to part it out first, but it might be worth a shot.

You arent as dumb as deepster says.

also,

Shut up, Dove.

Reaction Score
Holy lolz, What a beat down...... They are getting it out of their backyard. Thats insane! Can you imagine the clientele at that place on a summer day in July? I may go just to document for the yard.

and you stretching for a place in New Hampshire is the exception that proves the rule. That is a fetish shop not a restaraunt. No difference than a nut job paying to be pooped on in Vegas.

For what it's worth, we rented a cottage at Lake Winnepesaukee one year. Hit that lame turkey spot for dinner one night and ended up being so bored the rest of the week that we packed up and left on Thursday night instead of staying through til Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom