OT: - Hit me with your best Thanksgiving side dishes | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Hit me with your best Thanksgiving side dishes

Reaction Score
We stuff the turkey with onions and hot cherry peppers and use a jerk rub on the outside.

Reaction Score
Grape jelly and mustard in a crock pot with mini hot dogs or mini meatballs. It’s a 70’s party appetizer that carries on in the Midwest.

Edit: this was in response to an earlier Superjohn post and the follow ups. Not my choice of app.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I must be blessed but my mother has crushed making perfect turkey every year for my entire life. She’s an amazing cook.

I’ve now spent time with my wife’s family for Thanksgiving several times and the food is ok, but not great and the turkey is hit and miss. I’ve begun encouraging the fryer because it seems much more reliable for bad cooks. My method of encouraging the fryer is to bring a couple jugs of the $30 peanut oil and some turkeys. They have 50-60 people so with all that turkey you just have to take a few nibbles from various trays to find a good one.

Reaction Score
The Green Ridge Turkey Farm in Nashua, NH, was always the best turkey resturant. Fantastic meals.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Paraphrasing the great ZZ Top: "Pearl Onions, she wants some Pearl Onions."

Reaction Score
Call it stuffing, call it dressing, but it is the single thing I look forward to the most on thanksgiving.
And the best of the best stuffing is the stuffing you put into the turkey cavity before placing the turkey in the oven. Once done that stuffing always tastes best.

:) Yummy Yummy in my Tummy :) I love Thanksgiving

Reaction Score
Ok, there's an interminable week before our next game, and turkey sucks almost as much as hosting in laws; booze, side dishes and catching up with my daughters and friends will be the highlights of the week for me.

As I've mentioned before, we host a post-Thanksgiving leftovers pizza party, so side dishes have increasingly become the focus for us, as well as for the friends who attend our post-Thanksgiving leftovers pizza party, because it's the various sides that really make the leftovers pizzas sing. So I'm looking for some more interesting ideas to throw in the mix this year.

Thanks in advance for your offerings. I'm sure this will go swimmingly.

cranberry and orange relish.

lots of recipes on the inter web.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
cranberry and orange relish.

lots of recipes on the inter web.
Mrs. 8893 is making it right now. Her father loves it. The rest of us tolerate it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Roasted brussel sprouts with pears and pistachios. It has become the green thing on the plate.
A winner.

I also ended up roasting a batch with a simple balsamic glaze, store bought, because in addition...

Asparagus
Broccoli
Butternut squash
Carrots & parsnips
Mixed potatoes
Mixed sweet potatoes w/apple

And, with one half as an entree for my vegetarian niece, acorn squash stuffed w/mixed rice, cranberries, & pecans.

I bought a two-pack of the pizza crusts @8893 suggested for tomorrow, but right now I'm stuffed and not even the pending desert round appeals to me. I have to remind myself of the words of an old girlfriend's great aunt: "You don't have to be hungry to eat."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom