Here's the problem | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Here's the problem

Reaction Score
What are ACC/B10/SEC coaches able to pay a guy like him?
Just found a USA Today article from last year that shows Ollie as the 9th highest-paid men's coach in the country. Coach K at $7.3 mil and Calipari at $6.9 mil are in the stratosphere; Sean Miller at 4.9, Self 4.9, and Izzo at 4.1 are the only other coaches over 4 mil. Marshal at 3.0 Kruger 2.9 Beilein 2.8 and Ollie 2.8. Also interesting is that Jay Wright is only at 2.5 and Roy Williams is at 2.0. We could compete salary-wise with anyone in the country.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just found a USA Today article from last year that shows Ollie as the 9th highest-paid men's coach in the country. Coach K at $7.3 mil and Calipari at $6.9 mil are in the stratosphere; Sean Miller at 4.9, Self 4.9, and Izzo at 4.1 are the only other coaches over 4 mil. Marshal at 3.0 Kruger 2.9 Beilein 2.8 and Ollie 2.8. Also interesting is that Jay Wright is only at 2.5 and Roy Williams is at 2.0. We could compete salary-wise with anyone in the country.

How is our AD's revenue trending going forward comparing with mid-tier P5 schools?

Reaction Score
Please bring this elsewhere if there were only 3 teams any good in mens basketball and KO was one of them he'd be great too - lose this crap now.
Oh bull...s..hit, the idea to help the men's program at the expense of a basketball legend and 11 national championships is short sighted and beyond stupid. A three ring circus we don't need right now.

Reaction Score
Oh bull...s..hit, the idea to help the men's program at the expense of a basketball legend and 11 national championships is short sighted and beyond stupid. A three ring circus we don't need right now.

Go talk to the ladies and kiddies please don't need this crap here. I like them too but it's never been and never will be apples-to-apples rob. The mens 4 NC's are more impressive than the 11 I hope you know that?

Now talk mens hoops or move along.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If UConn were to jump into the market for a new coach, they’d have excellent candidates to choose from. The people who are saying otherwise are the same ones who insisted all was well last year.

Ollie isn’t the brand and how we got into this fix isn’t a mystery to anyone in the game. If we know, they know.

But that’s theoretical - I don’t see Ollie getting fired this year due to financial reasons and I’m not even sure I would want him fired.

He completely gave away a winning hand over the past 18 months and that’s all on him, but I’d like to see him right the ship.

It’s just not going to happen this year. He blew the recruiting class, lost the previous year’s class and had to backfill with guys who are simply not ready. That was always going to come back to haunt us and it has - we’ll see if he can dig out going forward.

Reaction Score
Go talk to the ladies and kiddies please don't need this crap here. I like them too but it's never been and never will be apples-to-apples rob. The mens 4 NC's are more impressive than the 11 I hope you know that?

Now talk mens hoops or move along.
I am talking men's hoops, and bringing up Geno Auriemma's name on the men's board to coach the men's team after firing Kevin Ollie, is fantasy and lunacy. It just hurts the University as a whole, and Geno wouldn't do it anyway. Geno isn't the answer, maybe Konkol is, or Pikiell, even Tom Crean. If four National Championships is as impressive as you say then maybe one of those guys might take the job. Lol

Reaction Score
They're paying Ollie wjat 3 million?
Over. I think he's around the 10th highest paid college basketball coach. So there's plenty of money for UConn to offer a new coach, which goes a long way to attracting a good one.

The program is in much better shape and is a much more desirable job than it was when Calhoun got here. I don't see why UConn couldn't attract a big name.

Reaction Score
Over. I think he's around the 10th highest paid college basketball coach. So there's plenty of money for UConn to offer a new coach, which goes a long way to attracting a good one.

The program is in much better shape and is a much more desirable job than it was when Calhoun got here. I don't see why UConn couldn't attract a big name.
Big name? I'll settle for a legit coach that your eyes tell you is coaching competent basketball. Watching guys dribble and shoot off balanced, contested 18 footers isn't why you pay 3 million a year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I almost want Ollie fired just so SJ ( and others) see what we end up with. I’m spiteful like that :)
Seriously. We are so spoiled with what we have unfolding at the moment, what are these people thinking? :rolleyes:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Yeah, right genius, and then the low risk high reward is teaching them how to drive to the basket without making a pass or an assist for the whole dam game.
I’m gonna need a translation...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom