Here we go - Selection Monday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Here we go - Selection Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yeah, but that isn't how the NCAA bracket looks.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm not happy about having to go 3k miles to play at Norfolk and potentially meet up with WVA in 2nd round.
Yeah that surprised me. The location that is

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
They used to have too many sub regionals in the west but they over reacted this year, only one in the west

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
If RU can get past Gonzaga... the Miami/RU game could be a treat. When they played earlier in the season, it went to double OT in Miami.

Reaction Score
i have to say, rocky, i was completely unimpressed with WVU in the BET. they beat ND and gave UCONN a tough game for 40 minutes, but were completely overwhelmed by ND in the semis of the BET. the same could be said for SJU. they were completely overwhelmed by UCONN in the semis.

i think Bussie is a beast and WVU needs to go inside early and often. that is their strength, IMHO. they ran the shot clock down vs. ND and ended up jacking up ill advised desperation type shots at the end of the shot clock for a good 10 minutes in the 1st half while ND built up an insurmountable lead. they need to fix that in the NCAA's if they want to advance and even spring an upset. they'd certainly make me nervous if i were Stanford...

I am very nervous.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My Rice Owls played Prairie View and almost beat them with a team of freshman. They are awful, even by 16 seed standards.

Princeton can beat Kansas State. KSU almost lost to Marist while Princeton slaughtered them.

LSU does not concern me at all. Could be a 12/5 upset there if SDSU has post scoring. Congrats to Caldwell on the baby!

UTEP is good defensively and is physical. They can give PSU problems bu don't have the shooters to pull off the upset.

Rutgers/Gonzaga...intruiging.

Idaho State and Miami are both high scoring teams. Miami is a tough 3.

Green Bay as a 7??? WOW. They will give Kentucky problems. Don't think ISU is that good this year.

Kentucky doesn't worry me at all. Miami worries me more for some reason.

Overall, I am pleased.
What are your ties to Rice? My son is an alum. He'll be rooting for the Huskies in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Lobo's pt about teams that have not played Baylor won't win because of unfamiliarity with them may be true, but she should know Nneka and Griner played each other in h.s (both from Houston, TX area).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A total side note: Did anyone else notice that Kara Lawson looked...really pretty...with her hair straightened? I know this isn't the Boneyard Fashion Review, but based on the evidence of 2003 K-Law seen on today's ESPN Classic reruns, I would not have imagined it possible.

A good stylist can help. A bad one can hurt...Doris.

Kara looks fabulous. Love the straight hair. I'm not sure what's going on with Doris and the hair.

Reaction Score
The lowest seeded at-large teams:

(11) Kansas, Michigan, Gonzaga
(10) MTSU, Iowa St, Mich St
(9) Florida, Texas, Iowa

The only way FL & TX could be among the last 4 in, and the committee only moving teams 1 line, would be if:
  • Gonzaga was a #10 & Dayton was a #11, and they were swapped
  • FL & TX were #10s moved up, with 2 of MTSU, Iowa St, & Mich St moved down. I bet Iowa St was one of the ones moved down so that a #1 seed wouldn't have to start on an opposing teams floor.

Reaction Score
I'm not happy about having to go 3k miles to play at Norfolk and potentially meet up with WVA in 2nd round.

They could've ended up in Ames, with a potential second round game at Iowa St. Would that have been better?

Reaction Score
This one is unambiguous - if the seedings hold it's UConn vs ND in the Final Four
Yeah, but how do you know which one is correct. I remember a few years ago, ESPN had the brackets wrong for the Tournament Challenge. Most people didn't catch it until after they did their first bracket.

Would be nice for ESPNU to clarify the potential Final Four matchups if seeds hold.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Chris botched Kara question about OSU . She didn't mention the big ten and he responded that one shouldn't think of the decision in the context of the b10 He's the one that mentioned the b10 and didn't answer her question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom