Here we go - Selection Monday | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Here we go - Selection Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They could've ended up in Ames, with a potential second round game at Iowa St. Would that have been better?

The lowest seeded at-large teams:

(11) Kansas, Michigan, Gonzaga
(10) MTSU, Iowa St, Mich St
(9) Florida, Texas, Iowa

The only way FL & TX could be among the last 4 in, and the committee only moving teams 1 line, would be if:
  • Gonzaga was a #10 & Dayton was a #11, and they were swapped
  • FL & TX were #10s moved up, with 2 of MTSU, Iowa St, & Mich St moved down. I bet Iowa St was one of the ones moved down so that a #1 seed wouldn't have to start on an opposing teams floor.

Iowa St being moved down to a #10 was strongly implied the chair.
Probably with Vandy & DePaul being moved up #7s.

Reaction Score
Yeah that surprised me. The location that is

and Lobo is wrong about protecting us. I would bet a lot of $ Tara would rather have to gone to Norman, Spokane, Ames, etc than all the way to Norfolk.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Like Nan said guys - it's set up as a potential UCONN / ND semi-final.

Check out the 'printer' version of the official bracket at ncaa.com:............

LINK

Reaction Score
Maryland has some size that could bother ND.
And if the officials don't buy the "throw your body at two other players while chucking up a "shot" and get the foul" act it could be even harder for the irish.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
and Lobo is wrong about protecting us. I would bet a lot of $ Tara would rather have to gone to Norman, Spokane, Ames, etc than all the way to Norfolk.
A long trip may not help you guys. Even if those games are easy, the players might be jet lagged a little for the following rounds. But I think you overcome it. I want to see how your guys handle Eliz. Williams. Duke's guards are athletic. You probably saw Gray play in high school.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Once again we will have to play against a lower seed in their home state. Bullcrap.

At least you are a 6 seed... we are a 2 seed and might have to face Vandy at Vandy. 2009... we were a #1 seed.. and played #9 seeded Michigan State at Michigan State. So you arent alone.

Reaction Score

Since I suspect Gonzaga was originally a #10, I would've moved them up to a #9 and sent Stanford there.

Putting Miami & Rutgers in Norfolk would've made a lot more sense to me.

Reaction Score
A long trip may not help you guys. Even if those games are easy, the players might be jet lagged a little for the following rounds. But I think you overcome it. I want to see how your guys handle Eliz. Williams. Duke's guards are athletic. You probably saw Gray play in high school.

Historically, we don't play well on east coast, but I hope this year brakes that pattern. We are very good shape (thanks to Susan-King Borchardt). I knew we'd get Duke as 2 seed.

Reaction Score
I thouht Penn St might end up in Kingston.
Wow, Miami as a #3 seed.

Exactly!!! We have a tough bracket. Miami & Kentucky are both athletic, decent shooting, but press on the ball alot which concerns me.

Reaction Score
Since I suspect Gonzaga was originally a #10, I would've moved them up to a #9 and sent Stanford there.

Putting Miami & Rutgers in Norfolk would've made a lot more sense to me.

agree. But we played at Gonzaga last year so they may not have wanted to do it again. Not happy that no other Pac 12 or WCC teams bid to host.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Like Nan said guys - it's set up as a potential UCONN / ND semi-final.

Check out the 'printer' version of the official bracket at ncaa.com:............

LINK

This is probably how it should be. Stanford just doesn't have the strength of schedule to be the 2nd or 3rd overall seed. I really like the way Baylor matches up with ND so I think I would have preferred ND in the event that we get to Denver.

I certainly hope that we get to see a Stanford vs. Baylor match-up. I want to see the O sisters make shots around the basket over BG. And I want to see the O sisters match up with BG and see how many fouls they pick up trying to slow her down. BG got to practice against Tina Charles and Swin Cash over the summer. I doubt that the O sisters compare to those two.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lobo lookin' all dolled up........ a little overdone :oops:

Well could not accuse Kim Mulkey of that - you know, the very up tight, deer in the headlights in the middle of her team in blue jeans and ??? Did she ever say a word in the whole show? Golly Gee KM you have Big Girl and a big old streak toward the pinnacle 40...you passing that vibe to your team!?:confused:

Reaction Score
Exactly!!! We have a tough bracket. Miami & Kentucky are both athletic, decent shooting, but press on the ball alot which concerns me.

Kentucky lost by 37 points to Tennessee and lost to last place Alabama after trailing them by 23 points! If we can;t advance to Denver out of this bracket we don't deserve to make the Final 4. Many of the other 1 and 2 seeds have a lot more inconvenience with travel and tough matchups than we do.

If your this scared about KY than I can only imagine how you would feel about Tennessee. Heck LSU beat KY in the SEC tournament. That could be an even tougher game in the Sweet 16.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers is our Elite 8 opponent. They should have beaten Miami this year and lost by a point in OT. Miami and KY maybe playing 2nd round lower seeded opponents on their home floors (Gonzaga, Iowa State). Judging by both team losing to unranked opponents in their conference tournaments those games will not be gimmes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well could not accuse Kim Mulkey of that - you know, the very up tight, deer in the headlights in the middle of her team in blue jeans and ??? Did she ever say a word in the whole show? Golly Gee KM you have Big Girl and a big old streak toward the pinnacle 40...you passing that vibe to your team!?:confused:

You should see the way Mulkey shows up for some of her interviews....with no makeup and in sweats. It ain't pretty.

And yes, Mulkey spoke for a fairly good spell. Bathroom run?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think that there is a good chance that Duke could upset Stanford. That should be an incredible regional final. Baylor and Tennessee has potential to be a great match-up. All the Pat hoopla that is certain to be attracted will overshadow the game.

This is where that earlier game at Tennessee will pay dividends. Tennessee was as pumped as possible as it may have been the first ESPN game for both teams after Pat's announcement. That was probably the best shot that Tennessee had at beating Baylor...the conditions were right for an upset but Baylor handled the situation well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom