Here we go - Selection Monday | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Here we go - Selection Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kentucky lost by 37 points to Tennessee and lost to last place Alabama after trailing them by 23 points! If we can;t advance to Denver out of this bracket we don't deserve to make the Final 4. Many of the other 1 and 2 seeds have a lot more inconvience than we do.

If your this scared about KY than I can only imagine how you would feel about Tennessee. Heck LSU beat KY in the SEC tournament. That could be an even tougher game in the Sweet 16.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers is our Elite 8 opponent. They should have beaten Miami this year and lost by a point in OT. Miami and KY maybe playing 2nd round lower seeded opponents on their home floors (Gonzaga, Iowa State). Judging by both team losing to unranked opponents in their conference tournaments those games will not be gimmes.

Iowa St is capable of an upset at home. Fennelly is a tremendous coach.

Reaction Score
Kentucky lost by 37 points to Tennessee and lost to last place Alabama after trailing them by 23 points! If we can;t advance to Denver out of this bracket we don't deserve to make the Final 4. Many of the other 1 and 2 seeds have a lot more inconvience than we do.

If your this scared about KY than I can only imagine how you would feel about Tennessee. Heck LSU beat KY in the SEC tournament. That could be an even tougher game in the Sweet 16.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers is our Elite 8 opponent. They should have beaten Miami this year and lost by a point in OT. Miami and KY maybe playing 2nd round lower seeded opponents on their home floors (Gonzaga, Iowa State). Judging by both team losing to unranked opponents in their conference tournaments those games will not be gimmes.

You have a great point. UCONN can be turnover prone and that could keep a team like Miami & Kentucky in the game longer than we would want them to be.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Anyone here?

I was not on line for the show and then wife insisted I sit down to dinner (which I prepared) and "Can't I watch 'The Voice' " with such a pathetic look that I folded, so no ESPNU for me. But in my made scramble to make dinner I did see and note a few things (and if I repeat forgive me, having just scanned the 1st page of this thread) ((damn it Rocky just say what you have to say!)) Things I took special note of:

Glad Delaware is going into bracket with Tennessee and Baylor. If they meet either, it will be entertaining and we are spared the obvious, and endless drama over the UC history.

Surprised that Duke is headed West.

Kim Mulkey - jeez Louis...already posted that. IN CONTRAST Geno, with a bit of a nonsequitor introduction, played Psychology 101 with his team and everyone else, with his interview about If there is a year when you don't have to worry about us this is it, because a winner has to have players who believe they can win it and this year that is not us...just ain't are year shuckins'. All said with a classic Geno sincere smirkiness!! Love That Man! ;)

Just also printed the brackets and looked and for reasons I hope I can defend I think we have the second easiest ride to the final 4.

Reaction Score
What are your ties to Rice? My son is an alum. He'll be rooting for the Huskies in Bridgeport.
Whooooo... doesn't like those Owls, and especially their tuition. my son is also an alum, but, unfortunately, never returned home from texas.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You should see the way Mulkey shows up for some of her interviews....with no makeup and in sweats. It ain't pretty.

And yes, Mulkey spoke for a fairly good spell. Bathroom run?

Good guess, but I suspect I had my head in the oven( I was cooking dinner - but 9 feet from a TV) or the dog said let me out the front door. Was she eloquent, articulate, vivacous and confidence inspiring? Better question: Did she whine about anyone placed in her region? Admit it, she can get peckish.:D

Reaction Score
To me the best part about UConn's bracket is besides Rutgers, there is no familiarity amongst UConn and the potential opponents. See Georgetown in the Sweet 16 and ND in the Final Four last year to see how big that could be to avoid.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see Miami deal with that, shoul;d no first round bounce occur for either.

Rutgers had them beat the first time before losing in OT down in Florida. And both RU and Miami will have to deal with Gonzaga's home crowd after long travel.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
wow.... UCONN got a cakewalk to the Final 4.

May be a bit overstated, but I do like our bracket.:) Understand Geno invited whole Committe to coaches box at Olypics this summer.:D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Say what?

Kentucky and Miami are both dangerous teams.

Something about Kentucky does not worry me. Miami is dangerous, but maybe RU will do us a favor before they leave.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't know how Duke ended up in the Fresno Region. The only way that should happen is if they were the 4th #1 seed. I would definitely have Duke higher rated then Kentucky.

Kentucky and UC in regional final would be more interesting to most I suspect.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kentucky's frenetic play makes them a dangerous team. Fortunately team has played Georgetown who plays a similar game. Got to keep turnovers to a minimum and keep tabs on Mathies their best player. Samarie will be fired up to outplay Stef. Mojo be damned...fat chance!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm not happy about having to go 3k miles to play at Norfolk and potentially meet up with WVA in 2nd round.

That would worry me to if I were a cardfan.

Reaction Score
This is probably how it should be. Stanford just doesn't have the strength of schedule to be the 2nd or 3rd overall seed. I really like the way Baylor matches up with ND so I think I would have preferred ND in the event that we get to Denver.

I certainly hope that we get to see a Stanford vs. Baylor match-up. I want to see the O sisters make shots around the basket over BG. And I want to see the O sisters match up with BG and see how many fouls they pick up trying to slow her down. BG got to practice against Tina Charles and Swin Cash over the summer. I doubt that the O sisters compare to those two.

You do know that Nneka has played against Griner, right?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

To my knowledge they have not played in college. If you are referencing high school, a lot has changed since then. I doubt that you would recognize either from their high school days.

Reaction Score
To my knowledge they have not played in college. If you are referencing high school, a lot has changed since then. I doubt that you would recognize either from their high school days.

yes, and I would. Griner was 6'8" then, and Nneka did and can shoot over and around her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Like Lawson said, Griner is not the best center in the nation, she is the best center in the world. I can guarantee you that Nneka has not seen that before, nor has Chiney And Griner has gone up against the best the world has to offer...Charles and Fowles, to name a couple. Griner has already seen better than what Nneka and Chiney have to offer.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
yes, and I would. Griner was 6'8" then, and Nneka did and can shoot over and around her.

Seriously, you are comparing the Griner of high school to the Griner of today, who many consider the best center in the world? Come on now, you have to do better than that. If you really think that Nneka is going to shoot over Griner you are only showing how out of touch with reality you are.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
What are your ties to Rice? My son is an alum. He'll be rooting for the Huskies in Bridgeport.

That's terrific. Rice is a tremendous institution of higher learning.

I have no true ties to Rice, other than picking them as an interesting 2nd team after watching their basketball team play UConn in Houston. It's my dream to see Rice and UConn at the College World Series.

Reaction Score
Seriously, you are comparing the Griner of high school to the Griner of today, who many consider the best center in the world? Come on now, you have to do better than that. If you really think that Nneka is going to shoot over Griner you are only showing how out of touch with reality you are.

Of course I am not comparing then and now, but my point is Nneka is smart enough and knows how to adjust her game and would not be intimidated, She has a face-up 15 foot shot, and even 3pt threat. I want Griner to come on Nneka, so she can blow past her. Nneka can also get Griner in the air and foul trouble too.

Reaction Score
Like Lawson said, Griner is not the best center in the nation, she is the best center in the world. I can guarantee you that Nneka has not seen that before, nor has Chiney And Griner has gone up against the best the world has to offer...Charles and Fowles, to name a couple. Griner has already seen better than what Nneka and Chiney have to offer.

Nnkea has played against Charles, remember?

Let's just hand the trophy to Brit and Baylor and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom