Here we go - Selection Monday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Here we go - Selection Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doris Burke's face is scary. WHY do people do that to themselves????

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Notre Dame got a tougher 16 than we did? Why?

Cal will beat Iowa. The hawkeyes do not impress me...Cal has athletes.

St. Bonny vs. FGCU...very interesting mid-major game.

Marist has been to one sweet 16 Trey.
Because we were above them on the curve most likely.

Reaction Score
Say what?

Kentucky and Miami are both dangerous teams.

Would you have prefered Tennessee who beat Kentucky by 30+? Maryland?

I don't think we can complain about this bracket at all. Rutgers is the only team whose seen us before.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That surprises me. They beat us 2 out of 3 and have a better record than we do. I guess our tough OOC made a difference there.

Reaction Score
Don't know how Duke ended up in the Fresno Region. The only way that should happen is if they were the 4th #1 seed. I would definitely have Duke higher rated then Kentucky.

Not entirely. There are other factors that can come into play.
For one, they try to make the brackets roughly equal in strength. If you went solely by the geography criteria, you'd likely end up with the #4, #8, #12, and #16 ranked teams all in the West.

Then again, KY did win the regular season title in a stronger conference than the ACC. I wouldn't have done it, but the committee has done weirder stuff.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That surprises me. They beat us 2 out of 3 and have a better record than we do. I guess our tough OOC made a difference there.
But the coaches poll saw it the same way. UConn was ranked higher than ND there, too.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Ohio State is a tough #8, and DePaul is a good 7.

Go Sacred Heart!

Kansas can beat Nebraska, who is overrated.

Delaware and Tennessee...VERY difficult for Baylor IMO.

Reaction Score
Can't believe Kansas made it.

Interesting matchups: Delaware vs Nebraska
Baylor vs Ohio St, at Bowling Green

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
But the coaches poll saw it the same way. UConn was ranked higher than ND there, too.

Oh, I'm thrilled that they do. I disagree with that, but will not complain.

Reaction Score
Don't think we will have to worry about a CT vs TN media circus.

TN has a tough road.

Reaction Score
Yikes, look like Tennessee's senior class may miss the Final 4 again. Have to go through Depaul in Chicago, EDD and Griner and Baylor.

Reaction Score
I don't think we can complain about this bracket at all. Rutgers is the only team whose seen us before.

Agree. This is a great draw compared to the "revenge" scenario UConn faced last year playing Georgetown and Duke and Notre Dame all in a row. The worst thing this time of year is to play a team that knows your personnel and is holding a grudge.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
it means UNC made the tourney...:mad: and it also means I wont be buying any tickets to go to Raleigh

I stand corrected

humourlaughingki_63wcvhm5.jpg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, who do we have to got thru in the final four?

Reaction Score

I think you are WAY over-interpreting here.

The teams are ranked #61-64. The first team is sent closest to home, and so on. Bridgeport is likely far away from all of them, thus explaining why the #63 or #64 team might end up with UConn.

I draw no conclusions on who is the overall #2 & #3.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kentucky's frenetic play makes them a dangerous team. Fortunately team has played Georgetown who plays a similar game. Got to keep turnovers to a minimum and keep tabs on Mathies their best player. Samarie will be fired up to outplay Stef.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm thrilled that they do. I disagree with that, but will not complain.
I understand but noting that the coaches poll did it, too, seems to be consistent with it.

Reaction Score
Yup, perhaps the toughest matchup in our region, Miami has to go all the way out to Seattle is it? Rutgers played them tough in the regular season and they would meet in the 2nd round. Would not be surprised to see RU upset them. I think we play the winner of this game in the regional final.

Kentucky did not finish strong at all. LSU/Penn State solid 4-5 but not the strongest and haven't seen UConn this year.

We avoided the media circus of Tennessee/EDD. Maryland could have been a tough matchup with their height.

Reaction Score
Kentucky's frenetic play makes them a dangerous team. Fortunately team has played Georgetown who plays a similar game. Got to keep turnovers to a minimum and keep tabs on Mathies their best player. Samarie will be fired up to outplay Stef.

And you don't think the team and Stef and the coaches won't be fired up to beat them by 30? I don't think KY makes it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom