Here’s a bombshell | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Here’s a bombshell

Reaction Score
AD DB better not be monitoring the situation
This isn't an Athletic Director issue. This is a University President level issue, of which UConn currently has an interim president so not ideal in that regard.

But this also isn't coming to fruition any time soon since no one is leaving the ACC for awhile so it's fine for the time being.

Reaction Score
This isn't an Athletic Director issue. This is a University President level issue, of which UConn currently has an interim president so not ideal in that regard.

But this also isn't coming to fruition any time soon since no one is leaving the ACC for awhile so it's fine for the time being.
Uconn is on its 4th President in 4 years- not a winning formula for leadership

Reaction Score
No ACC schools are leaving that conference due to GOR through 2037. They’ll look to add most likely. I’d guess the remnants of the big12 and pac12 will form a conference.

The only way for the B1G to access the Northeast region is to add Uconn. Don’t think it’ll happen, though.

Reaction Score
Lack of leadership over the last 10 years has killed UConn . No stability nor tenure
Probably starts with a weak Board of Trustees - not sure why our Flagship University has such a poor track record of hiring.

Reaction Score
You can stretch this to 20 years where we've had a considerable leadership void.

Every president over that stretch was an interim, either by label or by action.
I don't think that's a fair characterization of Herbst or (Austin), granted she was the one that presided over the ACC debacle back in the early 2010s, but she had also just walked in the door but she was not an interim in any facet to my memory. The university did thrive under her academically but of course she is responsible for athletics not being in what used to be the P5 today which I guess doesn't matter as much now today as it did yesterday.

Reaction Score
This is true (and better for the point being made).

My apologies.
It's just stuck in my head that California if it was a country would have the 5th highest GDP and it's shy of $4 trillion.

A lot of money in the Northeast and it's not that huge an area.

Reaction Score
You can stretch this to 20 years where we've had a considerable leadership void.

Every president over that stretch was an interim, either by label or by action.
UConn leadership has been abysmal for a long time.

Reaction Score
The northeast corridor would be the 4th largest economy in the world if it's at $4 trillion.
But it’s also the most pro-heavy region in the nation. It’s not a stronghold for college sports. The West Coast has had similar issues, and now it’s power conference was just neutered.

Reaction Score
Washington, Oregon, Notre Dame, and UConn to round out the B1G. Who says no?
I would love the idea but why would the B10 take UConn now, given the competition. I think ACC more likely landing place for UConn. One thing for both conferences is that Connecticut's media market includes metro NYC. That is a prize.

Reaction Score
But it’s also the most pro-heavy region in the nation. It’s not a stronghold for college sports.
Northeast is college hoops crazy, they just unfortunately don't do college football well so there's disinterest.

Reaction Score
you're not reading. this is assuming colorado is one of the 6 schools that leaves. i'm a Cal fan and no one cares about their football program, not even the students. wsu and osu bring nothing to the table either.

the big12 already brings in more revenue than the PAC and you think losing half its members will someone change that?
The B1G is making an incredible amount of money. They won't share it with the rest of the Pac-10. If these schools had value, the Pac Network would be making them a bundle.

Reaction Score
How so? It states the GOR would have to be paid, meaning for the next 15 years. I don’t fully understand it all, but it doesn’t equate to a relatively small buyout to me. Unless you mean football only, which I don’t see B1G allowing them to only come in football for next 15 years.
The B1G payout dwarfs NDs payout for basketball from the ACC. By a lot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The B1G payout dwarfs NDs payout for basketball from the ACC. By a lot.
ND currently gets everything it wants: football independence, national coverage on NBC, access to the CFP, basketball in the ACC, and hockey in the B1G. They are still getting a healthy sum of money from NBC. They will be fine.

Reaction Score
Kansas to the Big East & football independent?

This was posted on Kansas forum a few hours ago. Tweet was sent out by Xavier (can't confirm real since I didn't see it myself).

user generated

Reaction Score
Kansas to the Big East & football independent?

This was posted on Kansas forum a few hours ago. Tweet was sent out by Xavier (can't confirm real since I didn't see it myself).

user generated
What do people here think about this. Could it lead to UConn and Kansas becoming friendly rivals, and then going together as a pair to B10 or ACC.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the next big shoe to drop is the two super conferences telling the NCAA “hey, it’s been a blast, but we’ve got it from here”.

As for the ACC GOR, I assume at some price a school can buy back their interest. Assuming the differential between getting in with the SEC/Big or not justifies the price.

Agree that I don’t think the SEC needs FSU or Clemson. People keep confusing markets with success on the field. NC and Virginia are the big incremental markets to grab.

Agree with the first 2 points but markets matter less and less with streaming.

Reaction Score
The B1G is making an incredible amount of money. They won't share it with the rest of the Pac-10. If these schools had value, the Pac Network would be making them a bundle.
Are you saying the big10 isn’t interested in also adding UW and oregon etc? I bet they are

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom