Hawkins injury. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Reaction Score
Sheesh....8 pages on this. Y'all are a dedicated bunch:D

Just get back healthy.....and Hurley should really have a 'Come to Jesus' talk with the kid about body control when driving the lane.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Some of us can scarcely remember a time when we didn't have "symptoms". My guess is they sit him because it's BU, and we probably don't need him. Gives Hurley some more time to evaluate other guys while being careful with Jordan. I don't see any good argument for playing him even if he could play.

I dont see any good argument sitting him if he is cleared.

Either he is cleared or he isn't. If he is. Play him. If he isn't. Sit him.

This stuff in the Hurley regime with the injury report shenanigan's (see: elbow, Bouknight) is just wholly unnecessary. And If Jordan is cleared he absolutely needs the floor time. The couple rapid 3 chucks he took before unfortunately hitting his head were ill advised and just not good basketball befitting of someone who has a ton of expectations on him (NBA 1st round according to his coach) . Good shooters don't miss that badly unless they are BAD shots. He needs minutes.

Clear him or don't, I want him safe, not coddled.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is what concerns me most as well.

He tried to get up but had no legs underneath him. And it's been like that all three times so far.
Well, that happens to prize fighters from the jolt of their brain hitting some part of their skull (= KO). Not sure how that translates but it certainly looked like a TKO if not a KO. I agree with your concern.

Reaction Score
Yeah I wish Hurley was a bit more clear on the status. You can have a gnarly headache from knocking your head and whiplash not have a concussion. I would call that "mild symptoms" if that happened to me. You can also have mild concussion symptoms which means a definite 1-2 week recovery time. Either way, he'll be out tomorrow night.

Him not saying that he's in the protocol leads me to believe it's the former and not the latter...
Frustrating as a fan, but I’m actually happy that he does this in the interest of the player & his future.

Reaction Score
Can the Huskies ever escape the injury bug? Do all teams go through as much as we do?

Reaction Score
@8893 in the chat asked if this was Hawkins third concussion? A lot of us thought it might be. I only see the concussion which basically ended his season last year being referenced. I swear I remember him taking another hard hit to the head earlier in the season.

If it's just the second one it's bad but hoping that's the only head trauma he had before this.

Reaction Score
@8893 in the chat asked if this was Hawkins third concussion? A lot of us thought it might be. I only see the concussion which basically ended his season last year being referenced. I swear I remember him taking another hard hit to the head earlier in the season.

If it's just the second one it's bad but hoping that's the only head trauma he had before this.
Not super clear. Officially it's his 2nd time in concussion protocol. He left the Georgetown game in February after he hit his head, and people here speculated he had a concussion but nothing was ever reported. He played 4 days later and that's when he ran into the Kalkbrenner screen and was in concussion protocol for the rest of the season

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Bring everyone back slowly & allow them to get back to 100%. The new guys will get to play more & continue to gain experience during these lower-level games. It'll make the team deeper & stronger as the more grueling games come.

Reaction Score
Not super clear. Officially it's his 2nd time in concussion protocol. He left the Georgetown game in February after he hit his head, and people here speculated he had a concussion but nothing was ever reported. He played 4 days later and that's when he ran into the Kalkbrenner screen and was in concussion protocol for the rest of the season
Yes, thank you. I couldn't remember what the events were.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Bring everyone back slowly & allow them to get back to 100%. The new guys will get to play more & continue to gain experience during these lower-level games. It'll make the team deeper & stronger as the more grueling games come.
I am worried as this is cbb and upsets happen all the time. Trying to have a team full of transfers and young guys playing for the first time outside of Sanogo is very worrisome for that.

Reaction Score
I am worried as this is cbb and upsets happen all the time. Trying to have a team full of transfers and young guys playing for the first time outside of Sanogo is very worrisome for that.
If we lose to BU because Hawkins and Jackson aren’t playing then we have bigger problems to worry about. We should still comfortably beat them by like 15-20 points.

Newton, Alleyne, Sanogo, Joey, and Diarra are all veteran guys, they’ll be fine

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Samson may not play either. Foot issue. Depth being tested early.

Might be a record on the BY over wanking over too much depth and who will get minutes to not having enough players.

Amazing how playing time and minutes always figure themselves out. Good news is Karaban, while a different type of players than Johnson, is still a viable option at the 4 spot.

Also, first in with a "This is the chance for Hurley to play Sanogo and Clingan together with Sanogo at the 4" comment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom