Hawkins injury. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I watched the video a dozen times. He hit his head, but certainly not hard enough for someone to hear in an arena 100 feet away.
"Watch the video" is the tell. You weren't there and you are trying convince people who were what they saw. Who am I supposed to believe you or my own lyin' eyes goes the old line. Watching video of contact can be an optical illusion in that it seems to lessen contact. Especially slo-mo video. That second sentence is a howler, like you're a CSI. Like others have said, it sounded like head not back. And the sickening thud came instantly upon head impact and could be heard over 100 feet away. I know I wasn't alone in thinking at the time "He's bleeped". Everyone around me felt the same way.

Reaction Score
No official update as of yet..,,

1668032971752.gif

Reaction Score
On Coaches radio show tonight, Hurley said symptoms are mild, Jordan’s still getting looked at. No timetable can be said for a return.
For those that like the transcript:

"It's in the hands of the doctors, there were relatively mild symptoms which is great news for Jordan [Hawkins]. It is about going through the process w/ the great medical staff we have here. How I sit here today I can't give you a timetable"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Given the information that's been released about injuries previously I'd bet the opposite is true: no news is he's not playing. I would really like to be wrong because I want to see what this kid can do but I'd be shocked if he plays on Friday.
Generally I’d agree, but with so much time between Monday and Friday, it’d be very cautious to hold him out with nothing diagnosed.

Reaction Score
I have been involved with youth sports and concussions. Sometimes a kid takes a big hit to the head and no concussion and other times a kid doesn't appear to have taken a hit to the head and the kid has a concussion. My point is that you can not tell if someone will get a concussion from the incident, but you have to rely on the symptoms and have a doctor do the diagnosis. When in doubt, sit them out. From my experience, if a kid can sit on the bench after the incident, the kid probably doesn't have a bad concussion.

Reaction Score
The mild symptoms Hurley is talking about might just be from the whiplash injury to his neck. We don't even know if he has been officially diagnosed with a concussion at this point. Hurly did not say "mild concussion symptoms"

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
3 concussions in a 7-8 month span. If I was his parent with his potential future... I'd insist he sit a game or two.
Really makes you laugh at the ole mid 80s and 90s NFL where guys would get 2-3 concussions a game, then get sent back out to block on a kick return.

Reaction Score
No harm in putting him on a pitch count. Be careful with his minutes but let him build some confidence and stamina. Don't start him. Give him a few minutes off the bench and increase the minutes over a couple of weeks

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You can be mildly concussed and pass those tests. If “mild symptoms” are neurological-PCS that’s concerning. PCS can take a long time to go away.

Reaction Score
I would imagine there is some standard he will have to meet in practice before he can return to game action. Down here in Florida, the high school football protocol requires 5 consecutive practices without an event that triggers any symptoms. There must be something similar in this case.

Reaction Score
The mild symptoms Hurley is talking about might just be from the whiplash injury to his neck. We don't even know if he has been officially diagnosed with a concussion at this point. Hurly did not say "mild concussion symptoms"
Yeah I wish Hurley was a bit more clear on the status. You can have a gnarly headache from knocking your head and whiplash not have a concussion. I would call that "mild symptoms" if that happened to me. You can also have mild concussion symptoms which means a definite 1-2 week recovery time. Either way, he'll be out tomorrow night.

Him not saying that he's in the protocol leads me to believe it's the former and not the latter...

Reaction Score
Before this, I didn't take you for a bread a circus guy.

and*

I call people out when they stupid . Can you blame me? And I'm doing it now too: you're saying stupid .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mild symptoms means there ARE some symptoms which means he's probably not playing Friday.
Some of us can scarcely remember a time when we didn't have "symptoms". My guess is they sit him because it's BU, and we probably don't need him. Gives Hurley some more time to evaluate other guys while being careful with Jordan. I don't see any good argument for playing him even if he could play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom