OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Reaction Score
Did the NFL ever answer that? Because the ex-FBI guys sat in the room with him for 16 hours grilling him, and didn't manage to get anything incriminating out of him. He must be an amazing criminal mastermind to outwit the FBI and still be earning minimum wage "deflating" balls for the Patriots.

Why not look at when the Deflater texts were actually made to see what they had to do with deflating balls. One was made in May and the other was made on the road 30 seconds after the equipment guy appeared on the TV screen (away teams don't handle footballs).

All of this is of course moot since all the balls measured exactly where they should have been, according to the NFL.

Dude, we are never again going to see a team dominate a professional sports league for two decades like we just did with the Patriots. They won the debate. Brady is the best of all time. You've got superjohn trying to bolster his case for Rogers by citing Rogers's rushing yards. That's waving the white flag (and sort of hilarious).

So I don't get why you need to rebut every single post that says anything less than "Brady and Belichick are flawless." I can't believe we're back to Deflategate in a simple "congrats Brady" thread. There are people who like to troll and there are people who hate the Patriots but for most rational people there's not really a debate as to who the GOAT is, and there is no denying that this last 20 years has been one of the most incredible runs in the history of sports.

Isn't that enough?

Reaction Score
Speaking of "just wrong". Holy moly, impressive work my guy.

1. They are facts. Look for yourself:

"Pretty bad" 2009-13. Okay, ranking 5th, 8th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 15th. Four Top 10 defenses, oh the horror. I'm not talking about just their performance in the Super Bowl.

2. Part of how an OL performs always has to do with the QB, but I watched a ton of Patriots games over the years--there were so many games where Brady had forever to throw the ball. Part of it was Brady, part of it was coaching. Hell, many teams simply stopped blitzing Brady because it was suicide, leaving him more time vs a 4-man rush. Belichick was always great at cutting bait on OL at the right time. Jameis held the ball forever, that's no secret. That TB OL was never that bad and they spent a 1st rounder on Wirfs.

3. No one mentions this about Cassell because he made the Pro Bowl averaging 207 yards per game and the Chiefs led the NFL in rushing lol. Yee-haw. Fun fact: in 10 games that year KC had more rushing yards than passing yards. Four times KC had fewer than 100 passing yards. Just more proof that the Pro Bowl is a joke. Dude made the Pro Bowl with two games over 250 passing yards. You can plug a lot of poor QBs into a top rushing attack in the league and they'll be fine living off play-action (see Baker Mayfield). Why do you think Cassell fell off a cliff the following season when Jamaal Charles tore his ACL and suddenly KC was 15th in the NFL in rushing? He also did not throw for more yards or a higher completion percentage in KC. Try again.

View attachment 63972

This is a classic example of spoiled Patriots fans having zero self-awareness of just how fortunate they've been in all aspects of the game the last two decades.

1. The offenses in that period were historic. Top scoring offenses all time. Held onto the ball for huge chunks of the game. But they floundered in the playoffs. Not the offense. The defense floundered. Who were the great players?

3. So absurd you're downplaying Cassell's production with the Chiefs and yet the fact is he played an extra game for them that year with the Patriots. With the Chiefs he also threw for 27 TDs (21 for the Patriots) and only 7 INTs (11 for the Patriots) and not only that, but he had a higher passer rating in KC (which is not in your graphic). The biggest part of this analysis is that the Patriots lost 5 more games with Cassell at the helm than they did with Brady the previous year. And not only that, the reason they didn't go to the playoffs is because they didn't beat anybody. They didn't deal their competition for playoff spots any losses.

It's absurd that given everything Brady has done (which will never be repeated) we have people bringing up this totally ridiculous stuff about Matt Cassell. For heaven's sake. You're absurd.

Reaction Score
The Patriots had the #1 defense in the league just last season and averaged the the third or fourth best defense over Brady's last four seasons in New England, #1 defense in '16 as well. This is comical.

I already wrote that they had a great defense the last few years.

But you do you.

Reaction Score
Dude, we are never again going to see a team dominate a professional sports league for two decades like we just did with the Patriots. They won the debate. Brady is the best of all time. You've got superjohn trying to bolster his case for Rogers by citing Rogers's rushing yards. That's waving the white flag (and sort of hilarious).

So I don't get why you need to rebut every single post that says anything less than "Brady and Belichick are flawless." I can't believe we're back to Deflategate in a simple "congrats Brady" thread. There are people who like to troll and there are people who hate the Patriots but for most rational people there's not really a debate as to who the GOAT is, and there is no denying that this last 20 years has been one of the most incredible runs in the history of sports.

Isn't that enough?
White flag? I'm the only one in the thread who has used #'s to back up all of my points.

It is funny watching upstater denigrate the Patriots though.

Reaction Score
The second part of what you wrote is just a flat out LIE.

The ref on that KC play had his hand on the flag ready to throw long before the ball was even snapped. He was on the Patriots sideline and it's likely Belichick was in his ear, because he surely WANTED to throw that flag. Flag thrown as the ball is snapped. Brady quickly looks left. He has a free play. So many variables come into play when a flag is thrown that you can't say it's a definitive fact that the game is decided there. You don't know what the players are going to do given the flag.
No need to respond to the fairy tale you wrote in the second paragraph. Showed that to a colleague who is a Patriot's fan and we both got a good laugh at it. Thanks.

What is a lie? Are you saying you never said that about the stadium?

Reaction Score
I'm a Pats fan and think Brady is awesome. However, I'm not rooting for him now because ...

• feels like the NBA and he left for an all-star team. I don't blame him, but I'm not rooting for him.
  • he is doing well, but I wouldn't have expected him to make the playoffs if he led the receiver-less Pats this year. He may have struggled more than Cam (who I don't like or hate) as he couldn't have run so he would have just buried lots of balls in the ground.
  • he is great at not losing, but I'm not seeing consistently amazing games out of him this year. Of course there is an adjustment to a new team. GB lost last week's game as much as he won it ... but he is a winner
  • I also don't like the take that this makes Bellicheck (spelling?) any worse. Just read an article in the Courant today that implied such. Pats had lots of defenders sit out this year, very few tools, and what can you do when years of low draft picks comes to a head? Coach had to stay and play it out, Brady got to leave.

Great matchup in the SB though. Brady is the GOAT, but I suspect we'd all like Mahommes for this one.

Reaction Score
Did the NFL ever answer that? Because the ex-FBI guys sat in the room with him for 16 hours grilling him, and didn't manage to get anything incriminating out of him. He must be an amazing criminal mastermind to outwit the FBI and still be earning minimum wage "deflating" balls for the Patriots.

Why not look at when the Deflater texts were actually made to see what they had to do with deflating balls. One was made in May and the other was made on the road 30 seconds after the equipment guy appeared on the TV screen (away teams don't handle footballs).

All of this is of course moot since all the balls measured exactly where they should have been, according to the NFL.
I don't care what the Deflator's text messages said. If I were to engage in illegal activity, I certainly wouldn't text anyone about it. Duh. And I don't think the NFL has to answer why the Deflator was named the Deflator. It's a fact he is the Deflator.

Reaction Score
I don't care what the Deflator's text messages said. If I were to engage in illegal activity, I certainly wouldn't text anyone about it. Duh. And I don't think the NFL has to answer why the Deflator was named the Deflator. It's a fact he is the Deflator.

Have no idea what you're even referring to here. The deflater thing came from a text. Where did you think it came from?

Reaction Score
No need to respond to the fairy tale you wrote in the second paragraph. Showed that to a colleague who is a Patriot's fan and we both got a good laugh at it. Thanks.

What is a lie? Are you saying you never said that about the stadium?

1. It's on video. It's undeniable. He had his hand on the flag BEFORE the ball was snapped. He threw the flag before Brady took a step backward. FACT.

2. Yes.

Reaction Score
If you have 10 pages of some idiots desperately clinging to their immature notion that someone isnt the greatest...

that someone likely is.

Reaction Score
Nope. Wrong. Came from a text. "Deflate and give someone that jacket." That was the text.

Oh, that makes perfect sense as to why he would be called the Deflator. As opposed to deflating footballs.

Reaction Score
1. It's on video. It's undeniable. He had his hand on the flag BEFORE the ball was snapped. He threw the flag before Brady took a step backward. FACT.

2. Yes.

When you are so out of touch with reality it must be tough to live in a world where everything is documented

Reaction Score

When you are so out of touch with reality it must be tough to live in a world where everything is documented

So, that doesn't say what you claimed.

It says that the Patriots have sellouts since 1993. This is a fact. The very idea that you says this is delusional shows what kind of twisted warped world you live in. What did I say? 8 years before Brady? FACT.

The post you linked to even referenced the years in which I said Foxboro was empty of fans.

It's just an absolute fact that the Patriots have sold out EVERY GAME since the year prior to Kraft buying the team. 8 years before Brady. EVERY GAME SOLD OUT. The Patriots were actually a pretty good team under Raymond Berry in the 1980s, and they sold out their games during that period. They had a long lull of empty seats during the Rod Rust/DickMcPherson/Tommy Hodson/Hugh Millen years (which is what I referenced in that link).

Reaction Score
Oh, that makes perfect sense as to why he would be called the Deflator. As opposed to deflating footballs.

I'm telling you verbatim what the text said. If you don't want to believe it, you have a lot in common with many Brady haters. Not to mention the fact that the balls were all the exact same PSI they were expected to be.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you verbatim what the text said. If you don't want to believe it, you have a lot in common with many Brady haters. Not to mention the fact that the balls were all the exact same PSI they were expected to be.

Listen. All I'm asking you is why he was named the Deflator and you still haven't answered that.

Reaction Score
So, that doesn't say what you claimed.

It says that the Patriots have sellouts since 1993. This is a fact. The very idea that you says this is delusional shows what kind of twisted warped world you live in. What did I say? 8 years before Brady? FACT.

The post you linked to even referenced the years in which I said Foxboro was empty of fans.

It's just an absolute fact that the Patriots have sold out EVERY GAME since the year prior to Kraft buying the team. 8 years before Brady. EVERY GAME SOLD OUT. The Patriots were actually a pretty good team under Raymond Berry in the 1980s, and they sold out their games during that period. They had a long lull of empty seats during the Rod Rust/DickMcPherson/Tommy Hodson/Hugh Millen years (which is what I referenced in that link).
Are you drunk? I said you claimed the Foxboro was packed in the 80s and 90s, you said that was a lie, I show you your posts saying exactly that, you claim they do not say that, then claim that they were sold out then.

The links quote you as a three year period of non-sell outs.

Honestly, I am a little concerned for you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It looked open for a split second but I think it would've closed down before he got in leaving him at the 2 or 3 yard line which would've forced LaFleur to go for it but who knows with him. Rodgers doesn't have the wheels he used to.
I don't disagree, and wanted to pose the question in a non-critical way. Thanks for answering as such.

Plus, I got the added bonus of the linked article that discussed how I wasn't the only one thinking about the 3rd down.

For a long time, I haven't watched NFL much before Division playoff week, so I obviously don't keep up. This thread is interesting because I can understand it, have a lot of the history that accompanies my age, and the games have been worth watching. Because Tampa Bay beat Saints/Brees and Packers/Rodgers on the road Brady vs. Mahomes is the 'correct' match up.

Past that, Eli 2 > Brady 0.

PS - Now that I've read this thread enough to catch, I bask in my ignorance, and lack of strong opinion.

Fun thread, 11 more days til kickoff, and next 2 MBB games postponed. 10 more pages? I wouldn't bet for or against, but it's entertaining.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a Pats fan and think Brady is awesome. However, I'm not rooting for him now because ...

• feels like the NBA and he left for an all-star team. I don't blame him, but I'm not rooting for him.
  • he is doing well, but I wouldn't have expected him to make the playoffs if he led the receiver-less Pats this year. He may have struggled more than Cam (who I don't like or hate) as he couldn't have run so he would have just buried lots of balls in the ground.
  • he is great at not losing, but I'm not seeing consistently amazing games out of him this year. Of course there is an adjustment to a new team. GB lost last week's game as much as he won it ... but he is a winner
  • I also don't like the take that this makes Bellicheck (spelling?) any worse. Just read an article in the Courant today that implied such. Pats had lots of defenders sit out this year, very few tools, and what can you do when years of low draft picks comes to a head? Coach had to stay and play it out, Brady got to leave.

Great matchup in the SB though. Brady is the GOAT, but I suspect we'd all like Mahommes for this one.
Not me.....I'll enjoy this superbowl and will be looking forward to next years revenge of the Bills.
There will be pain as that ending was ugly.

Reaction Score
Some fun facts.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown 45 + passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Peyton Manning has thrown 45+ passes in 6 playoff games. He's 1-5 in those games.
Joe Montana has thrown 45+ passes in 2 playoff games. He's 0-2 in those games.
Russell Wilson has thrown 45+ passes in 1 playoff game. He's 0-1 in that game.
Drew Brees has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Dan Fouts has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 1-2 in those games.
John Elway has thrown 45+ passes in 1 playoff game. He's 0-1 in that game.
Dan Marino has thrown 45+ passes in 6 playoff games. He's 1-5 in those games.
Jim Kelly has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Steve Young has thrown 45+ passes in 2 playoff games. He's 0-2 in those games.

These 10 HOF (or eventual HOF) QBs have thrown 45+ passes in 30 playoff games. They're a combined 3-27 (.100) in those games.
Tom Brady has thrown 45+ passes in 12 playoff games. He's 7-5 (.583) in those games.

Also I kind of like this one. If you take away every playoff touchdown that Brady threw to Gronk, Moss, Welker, Branch, Edelman, Hogan, and Amendola, he would still have the most playoff touchdown passes in NFL history

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'd count this one if you're making a "Rogers has the best statistics" argument:

I am not arguing Rodgers is a better QB than Brady, but this statistic is misleading without more context. Looks like since 2006, only Russell Wilson has a higher QB rating while trailing in the 4th quarter. Rodgers is 2. The usual suspects including Brady fall in thereafter. It kind of supports what I think we are all dancing around - it is really hard to judge quarterbacks based upon their ability to win titles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom