OT: - Hats off to Tom Brady | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Hats off to Tom Brady

Curiouser
Reaction Score
patriots-move-to-hartford-bob-kraft-john-rowland-724jpg.jpg

Reaction Score
Brady is so far beyond anyone else. I'm in my mid 40s. He's been either in the superbowl or almost in the superbowl for almost half my life. And the bulk of my adult life.

He's literally part of our lives. More than any other athlete. He basically has become the Superbowl.

I'm looking forward to the 9 part ESPN documentary that's coming out in May. Man In The Arena. I can't imagine a person who fits that slogan more than Brady.

Reaction Score
Brady is so far beyond anyone else. I'm in my mid 40s. He's been either in the superbowl or almost in the superbowl for almost half my life. And the bulk of my adult life.

He's literally part of our lives. More than any other athlete. He basically has become the Superbowl.

I'm looking forward to the 9 part ESPN documentary that's coming out in May. Man In The Arena. I can't imagine a person who fits that slogan more than Brady.
#fanboialert

Reaction Score
#fanboialert
I'm actually not. Or at least I wasn't. But I've become a bit in awe of his entire resume and story. It's a good story. A bit unbelievable actually. 6th Round Draft Pick, Super Model wife..... really? It's all a bit bonkers.

Reaction Score
I'd also prepare for some reframing of who Brady is. In particular if he wins next week. From greatest QB to "part of our lives". Or something along those lines. I think it will happen in May when Man In The Arena comes out. I think it's going to a similar format as The Last Dance.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Some fun facts.

Aaron Rodgers has thrown 45 + passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Peyton Manning has thrown 45+ passes in 6 playoff games. He's 1-5 in those games.
Joe Montana has thrown 45+ passes in 2 playoff games. He's 0-2 in those games.
Russell Wilson has thrown 45+ passes in 1 playoff game. He's 0-1 in that game.
Drew Brees has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Dan Fouts has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 1-2 in those games.
John Elway has thrown 45+ passes in 1 playoff game. He's 0-1 in that game.
Dan Marino has thrown 45+ passes in 6 playoff games. He's 1-5 in those games.
Jim Kelly has thrown 45+ passes in 3 playoff games. He's 0-3 in those games.
Steve Young has thrown 45+ passes in 2 playoff games. He's 0-2 in those games.

These 10 HOF (or eventual HOF) QBs have thrown 45+ passes in 30 playoff games. They're a combined 3-27 (.100) in those games.
Tom Brady has thrown 45+ passes in 12 playoff games. He's 7-5 (.583) in those games.

Also I kind of like this one. If you take away every playoff touchdown that Brady threw to Gronk, Moss, Welker, Branch, Edelman, Hogan, and Amendola, he would still have the most playoff touchdown passes in NFL history
whoa, that's sum good mulch right thar.
'Also I kind of like this one.' me too.

Reaction Score
I'd also prepare for some reframing of who Brady is. In particular if he wins next week. From greatest QB to "part of our lives". Or something along those lines. I think it will happen in May when Man In The Arena comes out. I think it's going to a similar format as The Last Dance.

Part of whose lives? Brady is a hell of a football player and the greatest quarterback of all time but this desk I'm sitting at has a more dynamic personality. He's a star athlete among star athletes but I don't know if it's any more significant than that.

Reaction Score
Part of whose lives? Brady is a hell of a football player and the greatest quarterback of all time but this desk I'm sitting at has a more dynamic personality. He's a star athlete among star athletes but I don't know if it's any more significant than that.
Maybe. I think the tone of the coverage related to Brady is going to change. Become as dramatic as what I'm suggesting

Reaction Score
The only change in tone I see if you professing your love to him on a message board. ?‍❤️‍?
If I'm lucky one of the many burner accounts on this forum is actually Brady... or someone within the Brady hemisphere

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe. I think the tone of the coverage related to Brady is going to change. Become as dramatic as what I'm suggesting

As somebody who lives in the town where Tom lived as a rookie (he has said very nice things about our local Ice Cream/Flatbread Pizza place and is up on the wall) I would say....nah. It's a story, but it is already an old story. You even left out his famous TV/Movie actress ex Bridget Moynihan, with whom he has a son.

Yes, they love Tom around here. But most of the country doesn't like him at all, he's hated. I think he endeared himself to a few more people this season, by playing so well away from New England at his age.

Now, if he plays until about 60, and wins a Superbowl with every team, then I think yes, your prediction would come to pass.

Reaction Score
So the night of this picture.. I'm at Max's Downtown. Meeting a business associate who worked in the tower that Max's is located in for an adult beverage.

I take the only available chair at the bar. Order a drink.. Look to my right .Who is sitting next to me at the bar but Mayor Mike Peters. He was "working the room" as usual. We had an interesting conversation about Pats/Kraft,etc. Can't make this "stuff" up. Coincidental but still fun.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brady is an amazing quarterback but anyone trying to make it out like he's Jordan or even Tiger in his importance has gone off the deep end...

Jordan was and still is a cultural icon, he was the most famous person in the world and is still one of the most famous people in the world 20 years after he stopped dribbling a basketball. He changed an entire sport, he made shaving your head cool, he made wearing oversized shorts and clothes cool, he had little kids in Africa, South America, China, and Europe sticking their tongues out when they drove to the hoop. His friggin' shoes will still be the highest selling shoes long after he's dead and all of us have passed on...

Brady is an amazing QB who is undeniably the greatest winner whenever he retires but he hasn't changed anything and has about as much personality as a door knob.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Brady is an amazing quarterback but anyone trying to make it out like he's Jordan or even Tiger in his importance has gone off the deep end...

Jordan was and still is a cultural icon, he was the most famous person in the world and is still one of the most famous people in the world 20 years after he stopped dribbling a basketball. He changed an entire sport, he made shaving your head cool, he made wearing oversized shorts and clothes cool, he had little kids in Africa, South America, China, and Europe sticking their tongues out when they drove to the hoop. His friggin' shoes will still be the highest selling shoes long after he's dead and all of us have passed on...

Brady is an amazing QB who is undeniably the greatest winner whenever he retires but he hasn't changed anything and has about as much personality as a door knob.
I'd say this is a little unfair in the other direction.

He made it perfectly acceptable for stoic New England men to have man-crushes, wear pom pom hats and Uggs. All major cultural shifts.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I still recall a trip to Brazil. Was talking to my driver (who owned the company we used) during the 2.5 hour drive from the airport and saw Giselle up on a billboard. The conversation shifted to her, and he said that yes, he was aware she was married to some athlete of some sort. Giselle is way more famous than Tom.

Basketball is an international game. Modeling is an international game. American football? Not so much. Helmets also provide a level of anonymity. Plus, even a QB isn't as important as a great basketball player is, for team success. Jordan has his own shoes. Until recently, the NFL covered up all shoe logos. It's harder to have that kind of impact as a football player. Tom comes as close as anybody is likely too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I live in a city with a complete butthole (also on a HoF track) as the team's QB. Having grown up within a short drive of Shea, I was never a Steelers fan, but I've lived here for better part of 20 years now and haven't been to a single game since he's been QB, and I actively root against them. Can't wait till he retires. Hope it's this year as I really want to see a Matt Canada offense. I'd take a doorknob over that scumbucket every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Anyway, while America could learn from Brady, they don't wish to be like him because his regimen for success on the field and keeping Gisele happy is much more difficult than taking one of Frank Thomas's pills.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Be still my beating heart:
So, what the heck does Tom Brady’s diet actually consist of?

A lot of fruit, a lot of recovery fluids, and just the right amount of pizza.
"If I’m craving bacon, I have a piece. Same with pizza. You should never restrict what you really want. We’re humans, here for one life," the quarterback told Men's Health. "What’s changed as I’ve gotten older is now if I want pizza, I want the best pizza. I don’t eat a slice that tastes like [crap] and then wonder, 'Why am I eating [crap] pizza?'"

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Be still my beating heart:

He previously had a no tomatoes during the season policy, because they cause inflammation. I wonder where he is getting good pizza in Tampa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom