Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems?

Reaction Score
Anyone been to the Rockledge Grille? I went there for dinner last week and the food and service were good. It will be real nice in the summer when they open the deck up.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to the Rockledge Grille? I went there for dinner last week and the food and service were good. It will be real nice in the summer when they open the deck up.
How did the renovation come out?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Mynx

Never been a T T Bar kinda of guy but this place actually has great food.

My girlfriend works there. I'd send a pic but she could get fired if her boss found out she was dating a customer who pays her bills and car loan.

We've been exclusive for almost 7 years and I'm pretty sure we're gonna kiss soon. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mynx

Never been a T T Bar kinda of guy but this place actually has great food.

My girlfriend works there. I'd send a pic but she could get fired if her boss found out she was dating a customer who pays her bills and car loan.

We've been exclusive for almost 7 years and I'm pretty sure we're gonna kiss soon. Wish me luck!
You and your fedora and trench coat must be real popular there.

Reaction Score
Capital Lunch in New Britain for these:

Reaction Score
I have to be honest and say I'm not a fan. Love the relish but the dogs themselves are underwhelming.
While I agree the dogs are decent, i think the condiments make up for it. I like the atmosphere there as well. Cool little spot.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I have to be honest and say I'm not a fan. Love the relish but the dogs themselves are underwhelming.

They replaced the Hummels with Martin Rosol’s a couple years ago. The casing was too thick.

Its the only place ive seen someone drop $1200 on hot dogs. 500 dogs to go.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The place is outstanding. That’s some pretty egregious tax evasion, though. Hopefully it survives.
Sometimes I’d stop there before UConn FB games to pick up grinders if we didn’t have time to tailgate. We moved from Hamden a few years ago, so it’s not that convenient. Good place, bad citizen.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe, but who gets the dogs by themselves?

Reaction Score
Augie and Ray's brings up some old memories. I remember doing a lot of bike rides to Hockanaum Park for the pool in the summer and stopping by Augie and Ray's for a bite to eat.

All of Main St in EH has changed quite a bit. There was an arcade and a roller skating rink back where the Coca Cola plant currently is and I think a Shop Rite.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Woody’s will forever be the goat, but mickeys has a fine dog

Though Woody's restaurant has closed, they have a truck outside at the bottom of state house square. Sometimes I walk out of the ymca after a workout and the Woody's food truck is right there ready to undo the progress from the gym.

Reaction Score
Augie and Ray's brings up some old memories. I remember doing a lot of bike rides to Hockanaum Park for the pool in the summer and stopping by Augie and Ray's for a bite to eat.

All of Main St in EH has changed quite a bit. There was an arcade and a roller skating rink back where the Coca Cola plant used to be and I think a Shop Rite.
Hey ZenConn, I grew up in EH too.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No better place to get a dog in CT than Blackies on the Cheshire/Waterbury line.

Wrong. Super Duper Weenie in Fairfield. I've been to both. It's not even close.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can't believe the one on Main Street is still there.

I stopped by a couple of Saturday's ago. The dogs with sauce (and those tiny onions) and toasted roll are still great. And a pretty steady stream of customers.

Reaction Score

Stopped by there last night and was really unimpressed. Deck was great, weather was perfect.

Hostess sat us down, gave us menus.
Waiter came over a few minutes later saying a golf league was just finishing up on the course and this was their "favorite table", asked us to move. We did.
We sat at the new table for 10 minutes before getting drinks.
I got the "Kitchen Sink" wings. They were really undercooked. I ate 4 and left the rest on the plate.

I'll give it another try at some point, but the only positive was the view for me.

Reaction Score
Here's some sacrilege... I find the "sauce" at Capital Lunch to be nasty. Dog w/ onions mustard (and sneak some ketchup on) is the only way to go for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom