Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Hartford Area Hidden Lunch Gems?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Stopped by there last night and was really unimpressed. Deck was great, weather was perfect.

Hostess sat us down, gave us menus.
Waiter came over a few minutes later saying a golf league was just finishing up on the course and this was their "favorite table", asked us to move. We did.
We sat at the new table for 10 minutes before getting drinks.
I got the "Kitchen Sink" wings. They were really undercooked. I ate 4 and left the rest on the plate.

I'll give it another try at some point, but the only positive was the view for me.
I’m genuinely surprised you moved. Had the meatball sandwich there a month ago, pretty good.

Reaction Score
Can't remember if I mentioned it yet, but Ambrosia in Cromwell is delicious. Best gyro I've ever had.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here's some sacrilege... I find the "sauce" at Capital Lunch to be nasty. Dog w/ onions mustard (and sneak some ketchup on) is the only way to go for me.
Reasonable minds and all, I went to CL last month for the first time in over a decade. I liked the dogs w/sauce very much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That’s my go to for Chinese.
It's my go-to for food, period, when I am in the Hartford or West Hartford area for lunch. Great value, too. And free tea!

Reaction Score
Probably already mentioned but I had black bamboo in West Hartford last night. One of the best Chinese around. 9.1/10 on the one bite scale

Agreed. They need more phone lines though. I feel like every time I call the line is busy and I hold and hold. It seems holding doesn't work. I end up calling like 3 or 4 times before getting through to someone.

Which probably doesn't make this a "hidden lunch gem".

Reaction Score
Sadly I have to agree. The quality at China Pan by Westfarms has fallen off a cliff over the past couple of years.

Have you been to any of the places around Shield Street?

Reaction Score
Probably already mentioned but I had black bamboo in West Hartford last night. One of the best Chinese around. 9.1/10 on the one bite scale
Great spot was actually just there yesterday for lunch as well. Idk if i'd call it a hidden gem though (Im pretty sure its won a bunch of rewards for best chinese place in hartford area) The owner Sonny is a good guy, always seems to be there too. Respect the hustle.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sadly I have to agree. The quality at China Pan by Westfarms has fallen off a cliff over the past couple of years.
Original owners sold it years ago.

Reaction Score
Agreed. They need more phone lines though. I feel like every time I call the line is busy and I hold and hold. It seems holding doesn't work. I end up calling like 3 or 4 times before getting through to someone.

Which probably doesn't make this a "hidden lunch gem".
The key is going next door to Harvest and getting some good craft beer while waiting for the Chinese

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it mentioned but Mickey's Oceanic in East Hartford is a true hidden gem, they've been there 53 years! Their spicy fish sandwich is solid and it's on sale every Mon Tue Wed for $4.59.

Reaction Score
Pollo Guapo in Glastonbury, anyone?

I keep hearing rave reviews and think I will go try it tomorrow.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Primavera Pub
Scotts' Jamaican Bakery

Reaction Score
I've had many Cappy dogs over the years. They are unique treat and an experience like no other.
I had not been there in many years till last year. I was disappointed they had moved. I remember a more downtown location? When did and why did they move?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom