Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was just watching Jalens live stream, someone commented "with makai and Hami coming next year, we go undefeated" Jalen said "good luck". Dunno if it's anything, but why not post it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because it's hard to know without context, but this is a negative, right?

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, because it's hard to know without context, but this is a negative, right?

Neither. He was talking about going undefeated, I can almost guarantee it.

When players get questions about recruits, most of the time they laugh about it and say something cryptic. They know they're not supposed to talk about recruits--they're not giving anything away if HamD wants to come here.

Reaction Score
I don't think so at all. To me that seems like him saying good luck to other teams having to beat them

Reaction Score

Eh, you can't really read anything into that. "Good luck" could very easily mean "even with those guys, going undefeated is really hard".

That said, we really do need to land this kid to turn around the trajectory of the program, even from a perception POV if not an on-court one.

Diallo eschewing the "hometown team" for the NBA isn't a great look, but you can come up with a narrative that isn't horrible. If he picks another school, that's game over for our ability to land truly elite talent.

Reaction Score
Hami is eligible now. He should come second semester and see what college feels like. He can't go to the draft ubtil June anyway; so why not keep in game shape and be a home town hero? (Pipe dream I know)

Reaction Score
Eh, you can't really read anything into that. "Good luck" could very easily mean "even with those guys, going undefeated is really hard".

That said, we really do need to land this kid to turn around the trajectory of the program, even from a perception POV if not an on-court one.

Diallo eschewing the "hometown team" for the NBA isn't a great look, but you can come up with a narrative that isn't horrible. If he picks another school, that's game over for our ability to land truly elite talent.
Is your definition of "truly elite talent", one-and-done? And if so, aside from being perceived as a successful team (whatever that even means or matters), are one-and-dones actually necessary for achieving success on the court?

Reaction Score
Just got a crystal ball prediction for UConn, by Jerry Meyer, who is one of the best.
Yeah Jerry is one of the few who's predictions I actually pay attention to.

Key with any Crystal Ball pick is to view the context of the pick. He's at the Diallo game so I would guess it's a combination of him seeing UConn 3 deep for Diallo and hopefully him talking with some other scouts that gave him that feeling as well

Reaction Score

Jesus you are something else. It isn't a "great look" if a kid picks the NBA lottery over college. Said no one ever.

As far as the second sentence, even for you that's laugh out loud ridiculous. I assume they'll disband the program if Diallo goes to Kentucky since it's "game over."

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He could enroll in the spring and then test the NBA draft waters after this season.

Reaction Score
"Very early in 2016" ...I took that quote to mean he will make his decision to commit to UConn in early '16. But hmm... now that I think about it... maybe you guys are right.

EDIT: Yep I was wrong. So if he did this second semester thing, would he also come here next year?

Reaction Score
Jesus you are something else. It isn't a "great look" if a kid picks the NBA lottery over college. Said no one ever.

As far as the second sentence, even for you that's laugh out loud ridiculous. I assume they'll disband the program if Diallo goes to Kentucky since it's "game over."

Who said anything about lottery? And my point was: if he goes to the NBA, it's not great for us but you can explain it.

If UK or someone else swoops in and gets a commitment, despite our staff having been on him longer than anyone, despite the PSA connection, despite his practically treating the UConn campus as his second home, that signals in big, flashing lights that UConn is not seen as a potential destination for top 10 talent.

This is a perfect storm for us to be able to beat out UK, etc. for a kid of this caliber. If we can't do it in this case, when will we?

Edit: I should add that the converse is also true. If we do get Diallo, that affirms that UConn is enough of a big-time program that future top 10 guys should take an interest in us.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about lottery? And my point was: if he goes to the NBA, it's not great for us but you can explain it.

If UK or someone else swoops in and gets a commitment, despite our staff having been on him longer than anyone, despite the PSA connection, despite his practically treating the UConn campus as his second home, that signals in big, flashing lights that UConn is not seen as a potential destination for top 10 talent.

This is a perfect storm for us to be able to beat out UK, etc. for a kid of this caliber. If we can't do it in this case, when will we?

GUYS, FORGET IT. It's looking pretty good for us.

Reaction Score
"Very early in 2016" ...I took that quote to mean he will make his decision to commit to UConn in early '16. But hmm... now that I think about it... maybe you guys are right.

EDIT: Yep I was wrong. So if he did this second semester thing, would he also come here next year?
Have to imagine he would test the NBA waters (would be eligible) without an agent at first. If he hears good things, would probably go to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom