Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Have to imagine he would test the NBA waters (would be eligible) without an agent at first. If he hears good things, would probably go to the league.
I'll take half a season with Diallo over him going right to the league or to UK any day

Reaction Score
Who said anything about lottery? And my point was: if he goes to the NBA, it's not great for us but you can explain it.

If UK or someone else swoops in and gets a commitment, despite our staff having been on him longer than anyone, despite the PSA connection, despite his practically treating the UConn campus as his second home, that signals in big, flashing lights that UConn is not seen as a potential destination for top 10 talent.

This is a perfect storm for us to be able to beat out UK, etc. for a kid of this caliber. If we can't do it in this case, when will we?

You are just being dramatic. Please don't extrapolate a single recruitment to the future of UCONN basketball recruiting.

Edit. I think I understand how you are making this leap, even though I disagree with it. An elite recruit signing with UCONN would make us more attractive to other elite recruits. But it doesn't work both ways. Hami going elsewhere isn't going to cause an elite interested recruit to decide to lose all interest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll take half a season with Diallo over him going right to the league or to UK any day

A bird in the hand. But imagine the blow this will cause to Purvis's mentality. A full season next year would be ideal.

Reaction Score
A bird in the hand. But imagine the blow this will cause to Purvis's mentality. A full season next year would be ideal.

I imagine Rodney would be psyched. With Hami, we would have a grand total of 4 guards. Hami is probably more of a 3 for our squad anyways.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a bit strange that KO only gave one of the free scholarships to a walk on and held on to the other scholarship instead of giving it to Foxxen or another deserving walk on. I'm guessing they knew there was a chance Hami could come. With injuries he could come right in and get a ton of minutes. He would likely start at the 3 with plenty of minutes also available at the two and possibly even as a primary ball handler here and there to give Jalen a brief rest. It's probably an even better situation for him than coming in next year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I thought it was a bit strange that KO only gave one of the free scholarships to a walk on and held on to the other scholarship instead of giving it to Foxxen or another deserving walk on. I'm guessing they knew there was a chance Hami could come. With injuries he could come right in and get a ton of minutes. He would likely start at the 3 with plenty of minutes also available at the two and possibly even as a primary ball handler here and there to give Jalen a brief rest.
dont see him starting... see him taking time from vital if time from amyone

Reaction Score
But imagine the blow this will cause to Purvis's mentality.

Let's keep some perspective. Diallo's prized for his athleticism and physical gifts. He can't shoot and he's not that skilled. The idea that he's going to step onto a division one team and be its best player is far fetched. (I'm not saying it wouldn't be great if he didn't show up for the second semester, but anyone who has the pitchforks out after he scores 4 points in his first game is going to look silly.)

Reaction Score
Let's keep some perspective. Diallo's prized for his athleticism and physical gifts. He can't shoot and he's not that skilled. The idea that he's going to step onto a division one team and be its best player is far fetched. (I'm not saying it wouldn't be great if he didn't show up for the second semester, but anyone who has the pitchforks out after he scores 4 points in his first game is going to look silly.)
He looks to have pretty good form on his shot though, think with some work he could be alright, and seems to be a good rebounder for a guard due to his athleticism.

Reaction Score
You are just being dramatic. Please don't extrapolate a single recruitment to the future of UCONN basketball recruiting.

A single recruit and what it represents can be enormous. Just ask JC about Donyell.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

There are plenty of minutes to go around

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We would start Jalen, Rodney, Hami, Kentan and Brimah. Vital, Jackson, Enoch and Durham off the bench. That one extra 2/3 position player completely changes the dynamic of the team.
i like the lineup but I still dont see him starting... he's never played a game and it's midseason and we're a 500 team as of now. he needs to get some run first

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
i like the lineup but I still dont see him starting... he's never played a game and it's midseason and we're a 500 team as of now. he needs to get some run first
He's a top 10 player in his class and we are down 2 starters. He would start.

Reaction Score
A single recruit and what it represents can be enormous. Just ask JC about Donyell.

Him coming could be enormous. I imagine we would be more attractive in the eyes of other elite recruits. But him going elsewhere isn't going to kill our recruiting, as you seem to imply. It would simply leave us as we currently are. Its a great opportunity that I would love to cash in on, not a life or death situation.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of minutes to go around

Absolutely, we came into the season with both Larrier and Gilbert slated for big minutes.

Here: 15 minutes go to Hamidou from Adams taking a 5 minute rest, and Rodney down to 30. After that, he can grab 5 minutes from Vance and Vital each, and he's at 25 minutes. Heck, Rodney may go down to 25 from his current 40.

Reaction Score
idk, i dont see him starting and I think purvis would be ok with him coming in. seems to be a true husky and team first mentality
Kenpom has Purvis 38th in the country in Minute% and he's been playing SF 69% of the time for us. I'm sure he'll be glad to get more minutes at the 2 and be able to catch his breath more often.

It should also help us rest Adams a bit more. He's 8th in the country in Min% which is the recipe for an injury or hitting the wall.

This would be great for all parties.

Reaction Score
8puWnek.gif

Reaction Score
Would love for this to happen but can't see him bailing on PSA and his teammates mid season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom