Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He seems to be on campus all the time. Is this standard for local recruits at other schools? If so, do these recruits typically show up the next season? I mean, if he doesn't come here...it looks really bad.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
damn, i hadn't really thought about that. i guess in my head, if we don't get diallo the starting guards next year are 1 - gilbert and 2 - adams, but that didn't seem to work too well at the beginning of this year.

it would be nice to get someone in that 6'4" - 6'6" range to fill the gap, diallo or otherwise.
He'd be starting if he came to UConn 100%. I'd see Gilbert, Adams, HD, Larrier, Durham starting, possibly Enoch. I think Durham is better than Enoch now, but will have a season under his belt and will be another yr removed from his injuries.

Reaction Score
If you ride this horse until the end and come up empty, NBA or another team, it's just not good sorry.
Disagree on the NBA, the reason you go to the NBA early is for the money. And that's something KO cannot offer him so tough to criticize him if that happens. UK is a different story

Reaction Score
He'd be starting if he came to UConn 100%. I'd see Gilbert, Adams, HD, Larrier, Durham starting, possibly Enoch. I think Durham is better than Enoch now, but will have a season under his belt and will be another yr removed from his injuries.
I like Durham a lot and see tons of potential but unless he adds to his frame that lineup would get eaten alive on the boards. It's been said, but a 5th year senior who can grab 7-10 rpg is a necessity for next season. Too many unproven commodities in the frontcourt right now.

Reaction Score
I like Durham a lot and see tons of potential but unless he adds to his frame that lineup would get eaten alive on the boards. It's been said, but a 5th year senior who can grab 7-10 rpg is a necessity for next season. Too many unproven commodities in the frontcourt right now.

Once healthy I have no issues with what he can do n the boards with his length. Much like Daniels he can make a nice living with his intelligence and size, although not in a physical sense. But I do agree we will need a physical gift to really compete even with everyone healthy.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Once healthy I have no issues with what he can do n the boards with his length. Much like Daniels he can make a nice living with his intelligence and size, although not in a physical sense. But I do agree we will need a physical gift to really compete even with everyone healthy.
Enoch should be that guy. He needs to forget about offense (during games) and just focus on rebounding. He needs to avoid fouls and just hit the glass.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm getting more nervous about him than I have been since he was a sophomore.

But to the discussion above re: Our height without him, it's not ideal but Adams, MAL and Gilbert, plus the 3/4 tween guys like Jackson and Larrier gives us enough. I do see the concern to a degree tho.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
damn, i hadn't really thought about that. i guess in my head, if we don't get diallo the starting guards next year are 1 - gilbert and 2 - adams, but that didn't seem to work too well at the beginning of this year.

it would be nice to get someone in that 6'4" - 6'6" range to fill the gap, diallo or otherwise.
Everyone relax, have you forgotten that he follows UConn Compliance on twitter?
And they follow him back.

Reaction Score
Some of you are getting yourselves way too investment in this recruitment.
The entire fan base has, but let's not forget Kevin Ollie has even more though. Dude went to chile to coach a team hoping to gain traction with hami, also didn't miss any of his games on the circuit(you coach those USA teams for recruiting purposes ,that's it.) He should have know from the jump in spring HD was leaning towards the draft, he has his best friend /fam on the team...

This whole class was dependent on signing him so any way you cut it it's wildly dissapointing. It's not over yet we have to wait till spring but the NBA buzz is real.

Reaction Score
The entire fan base has, but let's not forget Kevin Ollie has even more though. Dude went to chile to coach a team hoping to gain traction with hami, also didn't miss any of his games on the circuit(you coach those USA teams for recruiting purposes ,that's it.) He should have know from the jump in spring HD was leaning towards the draft, he has his best friend /fam on the team...

This whole class was dependent on signing him so any way you cut it it's wildly dissapointing. It's not over yet we have to wait till spring but the NBA buzz is real.

He coached team USA hoping to gain traction with Hami??!?

Reaction Score
He coached team USA hoping to gain traction with Hami??!?
Shaka smart sure did, might sign Matt Coleman because of that on top of he two long horns who played. Also , umd coach was there for huerter, you tell me why ko was there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Shaka smart sure did, might sign Matt Coleman because of that on top of he two long horns who played. Also , umd coach was there for huerter, you tell me why ko was there.
to add to his resume and get to know other recruits?

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
Don't think I'm crazy but I was watching his Instagram live feed late last night and anytime UCONN was mentioned he yelled "the home team" and at one point there was even a "U-C-O" but he didn't finish the N-N. I was like this kid is coming to UCONN if he goes to college.

On a side note I did the same with Charlie V and he responded to one of my comments about spending more time at uconn and he said he wants to come back to school to get his degree sometime soon.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

the whole class isnt dependent on him. it would suck balls to not land him after everything but it would suck if we dont land any more top recruits for that class

Reaction Score

He's paid to be invested in recruits, though.

I actually like following recruiting, but I'll never understand people who get bent outta shape about a single player before he even commits.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Maybe. It's also possible Diallo always had his eyes on UConn if he was to attend college like many here believe, but the current state of affairs of the program makes it more prudent to take your first round pick and run as Plan B. Can't really say I'd blame him if that is what he chose.

Reaction Score
Was just watching Jalens live stream, someone commented "with makai and Hami coming next year, we go undefeated" Jalen said "good luck". Dunno if it's anything, but why not post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom