Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You are not getting the "more" i am talking about.
Actually, I do know what you mean but am putting it in a context of 'more' from my perspective. Auburn hoops has always sucked. Could there really be significant 'benefits' at a football school with zero basketball tradition even with the lookalike cross between Rodney Dangerfield and Jerry Lewis coaching?

Reaction Score
Tell me more about how every single recruit UConn offers would be coming here if other schools didn't bribe them. That's a fun one.
Never said ever single one chump but, nice strawman.

Reaction Score
Just heard someone ask the whole UCONN team if Hamidou is coming. They all exploded with laughter and Mamadou said "we all friends dog"

Reaction Score
Just heard someone ask the whole UCONN team if Hamidou is coming. They all exploded with laughter and Mamadou said "we all friends dog"

Not a lot of meaning to glean from that, it seems like.

Reaction Score
Ainge is there watching him tonight....
definitely watching him, but ainge frequents nepsac games a lot, even uconn games, just to watch the game not necessarily scouting. But i agree, he is definitely there for HD, Ainge wouldn't be afraid to make a splash, he did last year with brown. My gut feeling is the kid is pro bound, which would mean we wasted far too much time watching PSA/ny rens games these past few years. Not a good look if HD heads to the league after all this legwork put in by ko. our 2017 class is really nothing to write home about if he isn't signed.

pj

Reaction Score
definitely watching him, but ainge frequents nepsac games a lot, even uconn games, just to watch the game not necessarily scouting. But i agree, he is definitely there for HD, Ainge wouldn't be afraid to make a splash, he did last year with brown. My gut feeling is the kid is pro bound, which would mean we wasted far too much time watching PSA/ny rens games these past few years. Not a good look if HD heads to the league after all this legwork put in by ko. our 2017 class is really nothing to write home about if he isn't signed.

It would be a disappointment, but you really couldn't blame KO. HD would benefit from a year at UConn. The mystery to me is why he didn't come this year.

Reaction Score
does it really reflect badly on ollie in diallo goes straight to the nba? seems like it would reflect poorly on the college game in general... who could blame a kid for wanting to make millions a year ahead of schedule thanks to a relatively new (thon maker?) precedent.

i would feel a lot better than if he went to coach calimari... although i don't know if i would be able to blame him for making that decision either!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If he picks UConn: I scream.
If he picks the NBA: I'm bummed but happy for a good kid going after his dream.
If he picks another school (UK): I sob.

Reaction Score
does it really reflect badly on ollie in diallo goes straight to the nba? seems like it would reflect poorly on the college game in general... who could blame a kid for wanting to make millions a year ahead of schedule thanks to a relatively new (thon maker?) precedent.

i would feel a lot better than if he went to coach calimari... although i don't know if i would be able to blame him for making that decision either!
In my opinion, no it doesn't reflect poorly on Ollie at all. It can't hurt to see him go head to head and hold his own with Calipari for a recruit that UK desperately wants.

The downside is that we will be a team with 0 true SGs. In fact, if you arranged our 2017 team by height, it would jump from Adams to Jackson. That's a huge gap.

I'm sure Ollie will grab a SG or CG if he misses out on Diallo, but UConn would need someone who could produce right away, not a project. I know some may clamor for Beatty, but someone of his caliber will definitely either rise up in the rankings or reopen their recruitment. Still, as we saw with Justin Jackson this year, closing isn't a given.

Reaction Score
If you ride this horse until the end and come up empty, NBA or another team, it's just not good sorry.

Reaction Score
The downside is that we will be a team with 0 true SGs. In fact, if you arranged our 2017 team by height, it would jump from Adams to Jackson. That's a huge gap.

damn, i hadn't really thought about that. i guess in my head, if we don't get diallo the starting guards next year are 1 - gilbert and 2 - adams, but that didn't seem to work too well at the beginning of this year.

it would be nice to get someone in that 6'4" - 6'6" range to fill the gap, diallo or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom