Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
dont see him starting... see him taking time from vital if time from amyone
I'm going to have to strongly disagree here. He's not coming here half way through the season (if he comes) to back up Vital or sit on the bench. He'll get a ton of playing time at the 2 and especially the 3 spot. That's just crazy talk.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So...he could be the first one semester and done?

I wouldn't even mind . 1/2 year hami is better than no hami.

It really is a great fit for all parties.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
excited-baby.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The best part? it adds some desperately needed depth. And I truly believe it won't effect chemistry, everyone will STILL get more minutes than they thought they were getting on day 1

Best part 1a?

Syracuse fans heads will explode

Reaction Score
The best part? it adds some desperately needed depth. And I truly believe it won't effect chemistry, everyone will STILL get more minutes than they thought they were getting on day 1

Best part 1a?

Syracuse fans heads will explode

^^^
ding ding, that all that matters

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Same. One of the best things about getting Hami is having a guaranteed 1st round, potential lottery pick in the next NBA draft. I'll take that.
I'll take that if I have to, but oh it would nice if he could come in and make a positive difference. He would have to learn everything overnight, or more likely things would have to be simplified for a while. I'm not sure how well he fits what they are doing now, except to the extent he can really make plays on offense. We don't need him to come and start jacking up 3's (unless he makes them), but rather drive the ball past the entire other team and then make an ultimate dunk in all their faces.

Perhaps we should wait to see what really happens, but this is a fun turn of events!

Reaction Score
Love that there is NO talk of Kentucky. Keep this boy in-house, even if it's for only a few months. Get it done compliance department!!

Reaction Score

Woah, woah, woah, what???? That would be nice. We could use some more players. Well 1 semester of Diallo is better than 0 semesters of Diallo.

Would be even better to get him for 1.5 years. I still don't totally believe he's entering the draft in June. How many athletic wing players who can't shoot get drafted that high and stay in the league a long time? James Young from Kentucky was a better player after 1 year at Kentucky than Diallo is now. He got drafted 17th and has spent 2 years in the D League and made the Celtics this year and his butt is firmly planted on the bench. At this rate he'll be out of the league soon.

If he commits to UConn I'll bet a lot of money that Kentucky fans will say Calipari didn't want him for 1 semester and that's why he chose UConn.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Also, if we get Diallo, does that factor in with the NCAA Selection Committee if we have a good 2nd half of the season? Similar to how Syracuse was evaluated only with the games Boeheim coached last year.
Enough to offset home losses to Wagner & Northeastern with healthy roster at the time??? Let's not kid ourselves here

Reaction Score
per nba rules he wouldnt be eligible for the 2017 draft...so either another year at conn or overseas
Yeah he would be eligible, he graduated already, you need to be 1 year removed from High School, he's doing a post grad right now.

Reaction Score
Enough to offset home losses to Wagner & Northeastern with healthy roster at the time??? Let's not kid ourselves here

Its up for debate. If the team clicks and is killing it in the 2nd half and Hami is an absolute stud - which I don't necessarily expect - this will be discussed come tournament time.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Its up for debate. If the team clicks and is killing it in the 2nd half and Hami is an absolute stud - which I don't necessarily expect - this will be discussed come tournament time.
Everything would need to break right and we would also need to assume that the NCAA would actual give us the same preferential treatment as they showed Cuse...I for one am not confident that will ever happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom