Grayson Allen | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen

Reaction Score
I'm wondering someone missed a diagnosis with this young man. His behavior (With that tantrum) looks a lot like our Grandson when he has one of his meltdowns. He has "Asperger's Syndrome". Watching him on the bench really reminded us of that temper problem.
Completely agree

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That's ridiculous. I don't remember Thabeet being a habitual tripper or Amida or the millions of other people that played both soccer and basketball.

Or Hakeem Olajuwon, who was a soccer goalie. I'd guess Thabeet and Brimah were goalies, too. Maybe goalies are not taught to trip anybody, largely because they're expected to stay on their feet, unless they're going for a save. :rolleyes:

I've played and coached both sports and I think it's ridiculous for anybody to suggest soccer players have some propensity for tripping. Yes, it happens in soccer games, intentionally and unintentionally, but soccer players have no predisposition for doing it in other sports. If you do it deliberately in a soccer match you'll likely get a yellow card, so it's against the rules just as it is in BB. Allen is just a punk.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Granted WEEI does not do much college sports, but Jon Meterparel was on (B.C. play-by-play) and during the Peter King segment, he lumped Allen in with Laetner and J.J. Reddick. All three are hated Dookies, but no one hated on Reddick because he was dirty. Reddick was hated on because he was icy-veined good...for Duke.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm a special ed teacher. He really might be on the Autism spectrum or emotionally disturbed.
He reminds me a bit of Jalapeno Bacon Mac and Cheese Kid, not that is really all that relevant.

Reaction Score
Or Hakeem Olajuwon, who was a soccer goalie. I'd guess Thabeet and Brimah were goalies, too. Maybe goalies are not taught to trip anybody, largely because they're expected to stay on their feet, unless they're going for a save. :rolleyes:

I've played and coached both sports and I think it's ridiculous for anybody to suggest soccer players have some propensity for tripping. Yes, it happens in soccer games, intentionally and unintentionally, but soccer players have no predisposition for doing it in other sports. If you do it deliberately in a soccer match you'll likely get a yellow card, so it's against the rules just as it is in BB. Allen is just a punk.

It's a totally stupid comment (by the coach, not you). I coach girls U11 travel soccer. A few of our girls (including my daughter) are also playing basketball. They would NEVER trip a player on the soccer field or basketball court. In soccer they'd get a yellow (and then red) card if they deliberately tripped a player like Allen.

The problem they have when basketball starts, is they check the ball handler shoulder to shoulder. It's a foul and has resulted in some hard fouls with girls flying, which was scary but funny because nobody got hurt. It took them a couple weeks to remember to defend by moving their feet!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

That's how a spoiled 6 year old acts in the mall with their parents -- not a college basketball player on a national stage. Pathetic.

Kinda, sorta reminds me of Ted Bundy.

Reaction Score
wow, how is this not a terrible look for K?

Hate to say he and Cal have looked so much alike as of late.

Bilal being the ignorant he's somehow turned out to be, unlike Jay Williams who I assure he would disagree with one game being enough. C'mon Jay you're better that this BS.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hate to say he and Cal have looked so much alike as of late.

Bilal being the ignorant he's somehow turned out to be, unlike Jay Williams who I assure he would disagree with one game being enough. C'mon Jay you're better that this BS.

Better or not, Bilas is a Dukie and he wears it on his sleeve when push comes to shove
Jay W may be saying that but inside he is smiling

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Right on time. 1 game suspension you say indefinite appease people from a PR prespective and you move on. Sports fans are so easy to make happy.

Reaction Score
I disagree with this 100 percent, but I am curious how many of you were upset with how quick JC let Marcus Williams back after the laptop incident?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I disagree with this 100 percent, but I am curious how many of you were upset with how quick JC let Marcus Williams back after the laptop incident?
This is the 3rd time the DB has done this- could cause bodily harm
Plus I blame the spineless ACC for doing NOTHING

Reaction Score

He got suspended for a semester. UCLA had a similar but more egregious laptop theft within the basketball program a couple years later and no one involved missed a single game. I'm not seeing the comparison.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom