Grayson Allen | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen

Reaction Score
I honestly thought it would go longer than this. All of you yarders who hate Kentucky and Calipari more than K and Duke please justify that, because I for the life of me can't. Sure Cal is a snake oil salesman but he doesn't attempt to hide it, he says here I am this is how I roll. K on the other hand acts like he's walking among angels....in perception mind you, but he's a guttersnipe in real life on that sideline. He is sitting with Tatum now Giles and everyone else all American and he's scared of not having Allen in there so they don't win by less than 40. Wow.

Reaction Score
This is RATFACE at his holier-than-thou best, and he's getting away with it. He actually has people believing that he did this to protect Jeff Capel. That during his recovery, he is going to have ZERO contact with the team, and therefore didn't want Capel to have to deal with all the questions about how long Allen would be suspended. Hard to believe the college basketball world is this stupid, but clearly they are because he's getting away with it. Unreal!

Reaction Score
This is RATFACE at his holier-than-thou best, and he's getting away with it. He actually has people believing that he did this to protect Jeff Capel. That during his recovery, he is going to have ZERO contact with the team, and therefore didn't want Capel to have to deal with all the questions about how long Allen would be suspended. Hard to believe the college basketball world is this stupid, but clearly they are because he's getting away with it. Unreal!

Reaction Score
To me the fact that Allen was seen shouting "That's b***s***" after getting called for the foul clearly kicking up his leg to trip the kid is the most egregious part of the story, oh and the infantile tantrum on the sideline afterwards

Kid is seriously mentally disabled, guys complain after a foul they know they committed, but don't often go to such lengths where it seems they truly believe they did nothing, when its clear they tried and succeeded in tripping someone.

I really want someone to send in the goons and actually injure him, evil scum like you read about. Let's get some karma, universe

Reaction Score
He will do it again soon. He can't control himself. It is only a matter of time.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought it would go longer than this. All of you yarders who hate Kentucky and Calipari more than K and Duke please justify that, because I for the life of me can't. Sure Cal is a snake oil salesman but he doesn't attempt to hide it, he says here I am this is how I roll. K on the other hand acts like he's walking among angels....in perception mind you, but he's a guttersnipe in real life on that sideline. He is sitting with Tatum now Giles and everyone else all American and he's scared of not having Allen in there so they don't win by less than 40. Wow.
I have a solid Duke insider friend. He told me that the suspension was going to be long. At least through January and possibly longer. He confirmed that on New Years Eve. He is shocked (and a bit embarrassed as an alum) that Allen played last night.

Reaction Score
additionally, I would have loved to see GA pull these tripping stunts in the old Big East. He might have still gotten his trips in, but he would have paid dearly in blood and pain.

Reaction Score
I have a solid Duke insider friend. He told me that the suspension was going to be long. At least through January and possibly longer. He confirmed that on New Years Eve. He is shocked (and a bit embarrassed as an alum) that Allen played last night.
I assume this isn't a 'solid friend' (implausible if he's a Dook fan), rather a friend that is a solid insider. His take/surprise supports conspiracy theory that K reinstated Allen only after the back surgery so that K could distract from the Allen reinstatement and get added bonus of next incident being on Capel's watch. If GAllen kicks again the blame will be disbursed. Given the team's slump and substitute coach GAllen is needed back quickly but then at the same time more likely for recidivism. GAllen needs that typical Dook a whole edge to be at his best so it'll be a real tight rope.
I wouldn't want to be Capel who I'm sure had no vote in the reinstatement. I think only way for Capel to win in this is to take pre-emptive hard line about the kid and deal with it more seriously than K has.

Reaction Score
I assume this isn't a 'solid friend' (implausible if he's a Dook fan), rather a friend that is a solid insider. His take/surprise supports conspiracy theory that K reinstated Allen only after the back surgery so that K could distract from the Allen reinstatement and get added bonus of next incident being on Capel's watch. If GAllen kicks again the blame will be disbursed. Given the team's slump and substitute coach GAllen is needed back quickly but then at the same time more likely for recidivism. GAllen needs that typical Dook a whole edge to be at his best so it'll be a real tight rope.
I wouldn't want to be Capel who I'm sure had no vote in the reinstatement. I think only way for Capel to win in this is to take pre-emptive hard line about the kid and deal with it more seriously than K has.
Solid enough friend to bring me to UConn / Duke game a couple years ago in the best seats in the house. Not solid enough to let me where UConn gear. That gear was worn under my work clothes and may have come out if the results were different.

Re the rest of your statement, it is clear to me that K runs the show. There is no Hathaway / Calhoun type relationship where anyone tries to force him in a direction. Therefore, I assume that you are correct in some way that K made this call. We also saw him screw his stand-in during the last medical absence he had. No reason to think he won't do that to Capel.

Reaction Score
I know I kind of threw Rothstein under the bus for his rant on the ACC last night but in his defense he also said Allen served much more of a sentence and K was soft on this again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know I kind of threw Rothstein under the bus for his rant on the ACC last night but in his defense he also said Allen served much more of a sentence and K was soft on this again.
Mau - it made it easier and probably possible for Rothstein to make the statement
If GA didn't come back or if the ACC did their job and set an extended the suspension, it is likely that Rothstein would probably be bitch'n that the suspension is too long

Reaction Score
So did everyone see Grayson's newest slip up? Against BC he gets screened, and reacts by jacking a foot up and out. He didn't trip anyone, his kick didn't really cause any damage or impede movement, but since he's Grayson Allen, rightfully all of his movements that make no sense on the basketball court will be looked at under a microscope.

ACC: Inconclusive if Duke's Allen tried to trip foe

I feel like there's no way to watch this as a person who plays, has played, or just has watched hours and hours of basketball and not see it as suspect. People get picked all the time, people lean forward all the time, they don't kick a foot as far out as they can unless they're Grayson Allen. Kid is a total piece of s***, play the game idiot

Reaction Score
So did everyone see Grayson's newest slip up? Against BC he gets screened, and reacts by jacking a foot up and out. He didn't trip anyone, his kick didn't really cause any damage or impede movement, but since he's Grayson Allen, rightfully all of his movements that make no sense on the basketball court will be looked at under a microscope.

ACC: Inconclusive if Duke's Allen tried to trip foe

I feel like there's no way to watch this as a person who plays, has played, or just has watched hours and hours of basketball and not see it as suspect. People get picked all the time, people lean forward all the time, they don't kick a foot as far out as they can unless they're Grayson Allen. Kid is a total piece of s***, play the game idiot

Greenberg must have gotten some heat from K because his take on this is ridiculous. If you ever played the game and got caught in a screen like that you wouldn't kick you leg up like that, that's an Allen move. You would fight harder to move your body in a place to be able to squeeze or power through his side. He almost did what he planned to do but withdrew a little. The punk will be saved by those afraid of K's wrath. It was an attempt at a trip period!

Reaction Score
Greenberg must have gotten some heat from K because his take on this is ridiculous. If you ever played the game and got caught in a screen like that you wouldn't kick you leg up like that, that's an Allen move. You would fight harder to move your body in a place to be able to squeeze or power through his side. He almost did what he planned to do but withdrew a little. The punk will be saved by those afraid of K's wrath. It was an attempt at a trip period!

I want to know if he had a little league coach who imparted this thought process in his head somewhere along the way. It's as though the moment he is beat on a play or is knocked off kilter by an opposing player, he feels he has reason to flail any part of his body in a way that would best impede or trip another player.

Reaction Score
I doubt he heard from Coach K. ESPN essentially owns the ACC, so when Greenberg claimed that a player from any other school would get a harsher punishment, I'm sure the ESPN monkeys didn't take too kindly to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom