Grayson Allen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
People need to stop expecting K to do something about this. It's no longer just a coincidence or chance. When your players consistently play like this, flop, and cry to the refs while you tear into them for every single whistle they blow it becomes more of a culture you propagate more than anything. He's had a long history of Grayson Allen's under his tutelage.

Shocking that Duke did something...we'll see if it ends conveniently before VA.

Reaction Score
Shocking that Duke did something...we'll see if it ends conveniently before VA.
An indefinite suspension? Jesus this is the pendulum swinging all the way to the other end here. Indefinite suspensions are for serious crimes/violations that involve investigations and the player is suspended indefinitely while said investigation is in progress.

Just slap him with 5 games and be done with it.

But hey, this is just more classic ACC

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Have these two douches ever been seen in the same room?

images

images

polycom

Reaction Score
An indefinite suspension? Jesus this is the pendulum swinging all the way to the other end here. Indefinite suspensions are for serious crimes/violations that involve investigations and the player is suspended indefinitely while said investigation is in progress.

Just slap him with 5 games and be done with it.

But hey, this is just more classic ACC

Indefinite suspension is a PR move...It could be a 1 game suspension but they understand people will crush them if they say 10 game suspension or if they say 1 game suspension.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what annoys me more. The trip or the initial defense. Allen is riding the hell out of the Elon kid. To top it off he argues with the ref for a moment. What a spazz.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And the Duke coaches...what a bunch of coddling pansies. I can't imagine a player losing control like that on the bench under Calhoun. The concept is completely inconceivable. He was a complete authoritarian on the basketball court. His players did what he said and that's final. Even KO has done a decent job as a disciplinarian. Adams sat for a half last year against Temple for some sportsmanship issues. Adams issues were nothing like this....

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And the Duke coaches...what a bunch of coddling pansies. I can't imagine a player losing control like that on the bench under Calhoun. The concept is completely inconceivable. He was a complete authoritarian on the basketball court. His players did what he said and that's final. Even KO has done a decent job as a disciplinarian. Adams sat for a half last year against Temple for some sportsmanship issues.
If a player did that on Calhoun's bench is legitimately be worried for the safety of not only that player but the entire team. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the locker room and practice the following day.

Reaction Score
If a player did that on Calhoun's bench is legitimately be worried for the safety of not only that player but the entire team. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the locker room and practice the following day.
Agreed, but my point is it would never even get this far. JC was the boss on the court and his players were conditioned well before game time. There would never be any need for discipline like this on the court during an actual game. I have a hard time even imagining a player on a JC bench having some kind of tantrum that wasn't settled with one emphatic sit down and shut you ....or something along those line.

Reaction Score
People need to stop expecting K to do something about this. It's no longer just a coincidence or chance. When your players consistently play like this, flop, and cry to the refs while you tear into them for every single whistle they blow it becomes more of a culture you propagate more than anything. He's had a long history of Grayson Allen's under his tutelage.
Totally agree. The walk-ons pat Allen on the bench. All the coaches but Scheyer completely ignore Allen. Scheyer totally coddles him. The Duke coaches and players reaction makes this appear as totally acceptable behavior by Allen.

And I'm knit-picking a little, but K asked the Elon coach and player to meet him and Grayson in his coach's room. I'm sorry, but if K feels the need to apologize, K and Grayson need to walk over to the opposing locker room. You don't setup a safe space where Grayson feels comfortable. Grayson and K need to enter the opposing locker room and apologize in front of the entire Elon team. Even K's apology attempt coddles his spoiled brat player.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You let the guy back into the same game in which he deliberately trips an opponent, and THEN he gets suspended indefinitely? Wow.

Ratface and what passes for an athletic administration merely caved in to the media firestorm. How convenient. An indefinite suspension. That way he can come back anytime he wants, after they enroll him in some anger management seminar and make him do a little community service. Oh, and a sincerely worded written and spoken apology, that will likely be drafted for him by a staff member.

His parents are part of the problem. They just want the whole thing to go away by itself, something these nitwits must have been telling him his entire life when he screws up. They're enablers.

What's really too bad is that none of his three victims ever went ballistic and opened a can of whup ass on this little creep. That's the only lesson people like him might understand. They were all very classy to just walk away.

Reaction Score
Yep, obviously he should have been suspended the first time and the second time. This one should be 3rd strike you are out. I just read the espn piece about the suspension and unbelievably it ends with saying Allen had the opportunity to leave Dook last year and be a first round pick?! I don't think anybody thinks he's an nba player. So he's still coddled & benefits from the Dook halo even in the article critical of his being coddled.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This quote from one of his teammates has me grinning ear to ear. Just perfect dook.

"I love Grayson. He's my brother," Jones said. "We've been to battle. We've won a [national] championship together. We won plenty of games together. So there's nothing really you can say.

"I just gave him a really big hug, told him, 'I love you.' That's all that was, and let the silence kind of fill the void. There's nothing really you can say about it."

polycom

Reaction Score
This quote from one of his teammates has me grinning ear to ear. Just perfect dook.

"I love Grayson. He's my brother," Jones said. "We've been to battle. We've won a [national] championship together. We won plenty of games together. So there's nothing really you can say.

"I just gave him a really big hug, told him, 'I love you.' That's all that was, and let the silence kind of fill the void. There's nothing really you can say about it."

Awwww I'm a little snow flake...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
JC, even in his 74th year of age, could walk up to Grayson Allen and slap him around at will.

What he would do is nip it in the bud and not let it span the course of two seasons with little action taken, like Coach K has. Colossal failure there. And it's far from his first player who has pulled crap like Allen has; however, I'm not sure any have had a meltdown quite like that one tonight.

Zero chance it would ever have gotten to this point though. After the first trip last year, JC probably would have killed the kid, revived him, and then punished him harshly.

It's amazing what the fear of god will do to a kid's attitude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

WTF.

Reaction Score
Suspended for indefinite amount of time. Guess it ends before Virginia

Yeah, I'm skeptical on the "indefinite" part. Will he sit out until the first game in February or will he be back after the holidays. I'm thinking this will be like when Bobby Bowden would suspend Sebastian Janikowski at FSU - suspended indefinitely on Sunday, reinstated on Friday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom