GOT Season Six | Page 8 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You may want to ask Menelaus about that one . . .

Menelaus had to know Helen of Troy was out of his league, and she was pretty up front that she was going with the hotter guy. Menelaus got pissed, but all that did was memorialize his humiliation for eternity. If there is in afterlife, somewhere in it, every year Menelaus is seeing several million sixth graders around the world learning that his wife skunked him for another man. In hindsight, he probably should have played that situation a little more lowkey.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@ - Agree with your point about this being HBOs story now. My thought process going into this season is that the show and books are no longer the same thing, and each should be enjoyed based on its own merits. It is making season 6 a much more enjoyable for me to watch than season 5 was. Dorne still sucks though.

It's no different than the process that played out for The Walking Dead. Unless the written material is done, the writer can't keep up with the pace.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Or she is such a good liar, that she can fool the water too.

There are 3 possible outcomes for the the Tower of Joy backstory (which is the foundation of the entire book series and show):

1) Rhaegar really kidnapped Lyanna - Dayne and Hightower were there to keep her hostage. The problem with this is why did anyone support the Mad King if he did this? And why did Rhaegar, who is not considered an , give his life to keep her? At some point, wouldn't they just say "she's not worth it" and give her back?

2) Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar - Dayne and Hightower are there to defend her. If this was the case, why burn the kingdom down instead of just saying something to Robert like "hey dude, she doesn't love you?" And if this happened, how come NO ONE knows?

3) Lyanna is a manipulative wacko that played Rhaegar and Robert against each other, kind of like Rachel McAdams did in the Notebook. Admittedly is the least likely outcome, but I am just putting it out there.

How far off in time from the theoretical birth of Jon Snow are we during this scene? Might she be there either pregnant or with a newborn? Might night Rhaegar be defending her and his child?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How far off in time from the theoretical birth of Jon Snow are we during this scene? Might she be there either pregnant or with a newborn? Might night Rhaegar be defending her and his child?
I think that scream you heard was labor

Reaction Score
Either that, or Raegar is Dirk Diggler.
Rhaegar is dead at this point. Ned said to Dayne "Too bad you weren't at the Trident with Rhaegar." And Dayne came back and said "Robert would be dead if I were there"

Reaction Score
Or she is such a good liar, that she can fool the water too.

There are 3 possible outcomes for the the Tower of Joy backstory (which is the foundation of the entire book series and show):

1) Rhaegar really kidnapped Lyanna - Dayne and Hightower were there to keep her hostage. The problem with this is why did anyone support the Mad King if he did this? And why did Rhaegar, who is not considered an , give his life to keep her? At some point, wouldn't they just say "she's not worth it" and give her back?

2) Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar - Dayne and Hightower are there to defend her. If this was the case, why burn the kingdom down instead of just saying something to Robert like "hey dude, she doesn't love you?" And if this happened, how come NO ONE knows?

3) Lyanna is a manipulative wacko that played Rhaegar and Robert against each other, kind of like Rachel McAdams did in the Notebook. Admittedly is the least likely outcome, but I am just putting it out there.

Am I the only one who thinks that Nelson knowing what the Notebook is about may answer a lot of questions folks have asked over the years?

August_West

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks that Nelson knowing what the Notebook is about may answer a lot of questions folks have asked over the years?

LOL. Very telling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rhaegar is dead at this point. Ned said to Dayne "Too bad you weren't at the Trident with Rhaegar." And Dayne came back and said "Robert would be dead if I were there"

No need to ruin the joke.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think that scream you heard was labor

On a related question...what are the odds that we find out this Sunday...or will the bastards cut Bran out this week and drag it out?

August_West

Reaction Score
On a related question...what are the odds that we find out this Sunday...or will the bastards cut Bran out this week and drag it out?

I thought we were getting it last week. I dunno. I could see them dragging that out for a few more. wouldnt shock me at all. but maybe not.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

WEAK. Like your wife has never made you watch the Notebook. Right.

I actually don't know how the movie ends, because I bailed out with about 30 minutes left in the movie because I hated the McAdams character so much that I was happy she had dementia. At that point, why watch the rest?

Which brings me back to Lyanna Stark. Maybe she was like the McAdams character in the Notebook. Helen of Troy is the obvious basis for that storyline, but what if Lyanna was such a bats&%$ crazy, psycho girlfriend, that she started this whole war? Howland Reed and Ned Stark walk in, she tells them she has banged half of Westeros, and Reed and Stark kill her because if they bring her back, they are all screwed. What would happen to them if the world found out that the war was over a lie? Ned is big into passing sentences and swinging swords and all that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I actually don't know how the movie ends, because I bailed out with about 30 minutes left in the movie because I hated the McAdams character so much that I was happy she had dementia. At that point, why watch the rest?

Which brings me back to Lyanna Stark. Maybe she was like the McAdams character in the Notebook. Helen of Troy is the obvious basis for that storyline, but what if Lyanna was such a bats&%$ crazy, psycho girlfriend, that she started this whole war? Howland Reed and Ned Stark walk in, she tells them she has banged half of Westeros, and Reed and Stark kill her because if they bring her back, they are all screwed. What would happen to them if the world found out that the war was over a lie? Ned is big into passing sentences and swinging swords and all that.

My wife hates most modern romantic comedies (excluding Shaun of the Dead of course). She does like the old ones, like Bobby Darin - Sandra Dee movies.

Theory is bit far-fetched for me. I'm guessing HBO will have her die of complications from childbirth (JS) and that she went with Rhaegar willingly.

Reaction Score
My wife hates most modern romantic comedies (excluding Shaun of the Dead of course). She does like the old ones, like Bobby Darin - Sandra Dee movies.

Theory is bit far-fetched for me. I'm guessing HBO will have her die of complications from childbirth (JS) and that she went with Rhaegar willingly.

Which is really 75% of Nelson's theory, and the popular belief in any event. The part about Lyanna as batS#$+ crazy sex fiend is probably more wishful thinking.

Interesting to note that Howland Reed is (1) still alive and (2) the only person alive who may actually know what transpired in the Tower of Joy.

Reaction Score

I can honestly tell you that I've never watched the Notebook, and my wife has never asked me to. I'm not sure she saw it (unless she watched it one night while I was out of town on business).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I already said if this is a Luke/ Leia bit im out.

u fatso

Eh, it's not like GRRM had them kissing like Luke and Leia.

Then again, in Martin's world, the line of thinking would be "Hey, you guys are Targaryen siblings. You should be hooking up."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Which is really 75% of Nelson's theory, and the popular belief in any event. The part about Lyanna as batS#$+ crazy sex fiend is probably more wishful thinking.

Interesting to note that Howland Reed is (1) still alive and (2) the only person alive who may actually know what transpired in the Tower of Joy.

I don't judge women on quantity or even quality of partners, but when a chick bangs her man's sworn enemy when it will obviously start a giant fight, something is wrong with her.

Even if Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar on her own accord, she could have sent the Dear John raven and saved thousands of lives. This is a sizable plot hole if there is no explanation for all the secrecy. To be honest, this storyline would make more sense if Stark and Reed kill her for being a total b^$%h.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't judge women on quantity or even quality of partners, but when a chick bangs her man's sworn enemy when it will obviously start a giant fight, something is wrong with her.

Lyanna is NOT the reason for the war. It's just the spark. The Mad King's craziness is the reason the realm is ready to go to war. That's the impetus for Reed dishonorably stabbing Dayne in the back, and Ned finishes it by cutting off his ahead (quite the opposite of his famously honorable self). It's because the stakes are so high. It was going to happen with or without Lyanna Stark.

August_West

Reaction Score

Even if Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar on her own accord, she could have sent the Dear John raven and saved thousands of lives. This is a sizable plot hole if there is no explanation for all the secrecy. To be honest, this storyline would make more sense if Stark and Reed kill her for being a total b^$%h.

a Dear John raven

lol A+

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Robert was promised Lyanna's hand, and he was crazy for her; if she sent a raven, do you really think Robert would've believed it was sent by her and not Rhaegar or under his influence? Even if he did believe her, he would've wanted to kill Rhaegar for stealing his woman. The rebellion was sparked no matter what.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom