GOT Season Six | Page 7 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Stole this from Reddit - the effects of puberty in the GOT universe:
cdEsYnM.png

Reaction Score
Very good point. I was wondering what caused the Umber's to seemingly flip (in the books there are 2 clans right? Some Stark loyalists, and the others not). All hope is not lost.

The Boltons conspired with Sir Walder to kill not just Rob Stark but the Greatjoy as well. There is utterly no reason why the Umbers would come to Winterfell, insult Ramsay but give him a gift to start an alliance.

Either it's not the real Rickon or they think his wilding protector will kill Ramsey before Ramsey figures out what to do with Rickon.

I'm more curious as to where Jon is getting an army to fight Ramsey. Are the Wildings going south with him (because no one else left with him when he left the wall). If not, aren't Reeds and Umbers where he would start in building an alliance to take back Winterfell?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Could be part of a plot involving Rickon and the Umbers. No reason to guess that, outside of the fact that the Umbers were very ardent Stark loyalists and may remain so in the books after the Bolton takeover (I am of the mind that the Umbers are playing Roose). Shaggy Dog's head makes it unlikely, but that can always be explained away (the Starks don't have ALL the dire wolves in the world answering to them, killed by someone other than the Umbers before the plot was hatched, etc.). I am grasping at straws because I want Rickon to become Crazy MoFo Rickon too.

I thought this too. John is clearly leaving the Wall to retake Winterfell. In the books, he thinks Arya is there held captive. Since Rick on evaporated in the books, it makes some sense to use him here.

John will need an army, and since Stanis is gone, the north, the wildings, Theon, and or the Eire are all that are left.

The wolf thing is curious. We know HBO hates the time and expense of animating them, so if it's a fake or not, it makes the accountants happy.

Reaction Score
I thought this too. John is clearly leaving the Wall to retake Winterfell. In the books, he thinks Arya is there held captive. Since Rick on evaporated in the books, it makes some sense to use him here.

John will need an army, and since Stanis is gone, the north, the wildings, Theon, and or the Eire are all that are left.

The wolf thing is curious. We know HBO hates the time and expense of animating them, so if it's a fake or not, it makes the accountants happy.

I never heard that about HBO and the wolves. Useful bit of info to remember when evaluating the meaning of anything based on them. I was wondering why they hadn't developed the warg thing more.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
His voice is like a breeze on the wind. I think when he gets more powerful he would be able to impact the past.

What if he is able to prevent Robert's Rebellion and this all ends up as essentially a bad dream?

What if he CAUSED it? What if the whispers the mad king heard were Bran?

Reaction Score
What if he CAUSED it? What if the whispers the mad king heard were Bran?

And that's exactly why he cannot, in fact, commune with people in the past. Too many possibilities open up given the ease with which he flits from time to time. It's not like he needs 1.21 gigawatts or something for each trip.

August_West

Reaction Score
And that's exactly why he cannot, in fact, commune with people in the past. Too many possibilities open up given the ease with which he flits from time to time. It's not like he needs 1.21 gigawatts or something for each trip.

But maybe he did. When bran called out to him Ned turned around.

Reaction Score
But maybe he did. When bran called out to him Ned turned around.

Penfield said it best already---Ned heard him like a whispering rustle of leaves on the wind. Same exact thing happened in the books, although in the books Bran calls to Ned as he sits in front of the family's Heart Tree. Ned sorta maybe hears Bran, reacts at least, prompting Bran to ask your question of the 3-Eyed Crow, and the Crow tells us Bran cannot communicate with people in the past. He mighta even used Pennfield's phraseology to explain why Bran saw some hint of hearing in Ned's reaction.

In this, I think you need to take the Crow's word as God's. Fatso is using the Crow both to teach Bran and to set out the rules and limitations on Bran's powers for the reader. He's Bran's Obi Wan Kenobi---the guy who introduces and explains the series' newest magic system.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was out of town and watched Ep 3 last night. I am in the camp that they are slaying it this season.

• I didn't expect Jon to be as sad and introspective as he was and that was pretty cool. I also thought it was cool that, even though he was brought back to life, his wounds still hurt badly and he winced when they hugged him.
  • I thought the Tower of Joy scene was awesome. No complaints at all about it.
  • Three episodes in. No Littlefinger. No White Walkers.
  • I'm totally confused by the North and all of the straggler houses trying to edge their way into an advantage. I have no idea what shape that will take.

August_West

Reaction Score
@August_West @ I just read an interesting theory that the whispers King Aerys heard were not from Bran, but the 3-eyed crow/ Blood Raven. Maybe they can be heard but 3-eyed crow knows from experience that it can cause some serious problems

didnt think of that. Kind of makes sense. They have made a point in BOTH flashbacks so far of showing how uppity Blood Raven gets about getting Bran out of the past greenseeing for whatever reason. There has to be a reason.

Reaction Score
Was out of town and watched Ep 3 last night. I am in the camp that they are slaying it this season.

• I'm totally confused by the North and all of the straggler houses trying to edge their way into an advantage. I have no idea what shape that will take.

I'm pretty happy with how they're handling this. When there is a power vacuum (real or perceived), everyone sees an opportunity to fill it . . . whether the Umbers are doing so by attaching themselves to Ramsay or trying to play him remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Agree to some extent, although Snow was not an orphan, just a bastard. Everyone acknowledged he as a Stark. I don't like parentage > destiny stories, probably because I am a Democrat.

Bringing people back from the dead is a major plot problem for any story, as is magic. I am hooked enough that I will stick with it, but I find the character interactions a lot more interesting than waiting to see who will cast the best spell. E
Good lord, I am SO tired of this "who has the best magic" BS. It's ONE GUY. Ok ? One guy that can still be killed and otherwise has no magical powers whatsoever. If you really think being able to resurrect Jon Snow is somehow super magic that will win the entire battle, you seem to have no concept of scale whatsoever.

I'm sure you'll abstain from pulling the lever for Hillary because of the Clinton dynastic storyline.

Reaction Score
@ - Agree with your point about this being HBOs story now. My thought process going into this season is that the show and books are no longer the same thing, and each should be enjoyed based on its own merits. It is making season 6 a much more enjoyable for me to watch than season 5 was. Dorne still sucks though.
Doesn't that presume that GRRM actually finishes the series, and even if he does, that it isn't effectively a more detailed re-write of the screenplays for the show ? I wouldn't presume that at all. He hasn't written a new book in five years and now has all the benefits of the mass audience from the HBO version. What is the possible motivation for him to suddenly decide to write more and to deviate from what HBO's writers are doing with GRRM's consult ?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good lord, I am SO tired of this "who has the best magic" BS. It's ONE GUY. Ok ? One guy that can still be killed and otherwise has no magical powers whatsoever. If you really think being able to resurrect Jon Snow is somehow super magic that will win the entire battle, you seem to have no concept of scale whatsoever.

Just so we are being exact, it's TWO guys--with Lord Beric Dondarrion being the other. And it's actually three in the books (well, two guys and a women).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arya is becoming an accomplished liar. She is on track to become the super assassin we expect. Either she is fooling Jaqan or he doesn't care that she is still Arya Stark, not sure which. There is no way she is "no one".

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Just so we are being exact, it's TWO guys--with Lord Beric Dondarrion being the other. And it's actually three in the books (well, two guys and a women).

Plus, Dany was able to live through Khal Drago's funeral pyre.

Reaction Score
Well, yes, technically, but the reaction was prompted by one who is still just an average, everyday human. That's hardly earth shattering magic.

Reaction Score
Arya is becoming an accomplished liar. She is on track to become the super assassin we expect. Either she is fooling Jaqan or he doesn't care that she is still Arya Stark, not sure which. There is no way she is "no one".

She would have died if she lied and drank that water, wouldn't she? I took that to mean she's officially over the Arya revenge list stuff....unless maybe, as a gift, Jaqan gives her a job to kill some of the people on her list.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
She would have died if she lied and drank that water, wouldn't she? I took that to mean she's officially over the Arya revenge list stuff....unless maybe, as a gift, Jaqan gives her a job to kill some of the people on her list.

Or she is such a good liar, that she can fool the water too.

There are 3 possible outcomes for the the Tower of Joy backstory (which is the foundation of the entire book series and show):

1) Rhaegar really kidnapped Lyanna - Dayne and Hightower were there to keep her hostage. The problem with this is why did anyone support the Mad King if he did this? And why did Rhaegar, who is not considered an , give his life to keep her? At some point, wouldn't they just say "she's not worth it" and give her back?

2) Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar - Dayne and Hightower are there to defend her. If this was the case, why burn the kingdom down instead of just saying something to Robert like "hey dude, she doesn't love you?" And if this happened, how come NO ONE knows?

3) Lyanna is a manipulative wacko that played Rhaegar and Robert against each other, kind of like Rachel McAdams did in the Notebook. Admittedly is the least likely outcome, but I am just putting it out there.

Reaction Score
Or she is such a good liar, that she can fool the water too.

There are 3 possible outcomes for the the Tower of Joy backstory (which is the foundation of the entire book series and show):

2) Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar - Dayne and Hightower are there to defend her. If this was the case, why burn the kingdom down instead of just saying something to Robert like "hey dude, she doesn't love you?"

You may want to ask Menelaus about that one . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom