GOT Season Six | Page 5 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
Death of what theory?

and no matter what that answer is, its been long deviated there.

Hmmm. I thought it was you who tipped me off to the Euron-Darrio theory. Maybe it was Deepelm. Any way, there's a fan theory that Euron and Darrio are the same person. It's a crazyish theory, but very well argued and plausible seeming. Just not in the HBO series, at least, because the actors are different.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hmmm. I thought it was you who tipped me off to the Euron-Darrio theory. Maybe it was Deepelm. Any way, there's a fan theory that Euron and Darrio are the same person. It's a crazyish theory, but very well argued and plausible seeming. Just not in the HBO series, at least, because the actors are different.

Oh. thanks for reminder. Yeah, I think that is kaput on the show at least. They better make the kingsmoot good because they are going to a lot of trouble on the show to bring us back to pyke and the other than the kingsmoot I dont see crap happening wiht the iron born over the long play.

Reaction Score
I would think so. I assume that it was Ned Stark's intention to legitimize Gendry and have him be king by succession.

I did read somewhere that the Baratheon's lineage does intersect with the Lannisters and that the next in line would be Jaime (but he technically wouldn't be able to because he's king's guard for life), then Tyrion (but I'm sure his prior conviction would somehow preclude him), then gasp Cersei.

We know Tommen is a goner. Major game playing coming I suppose.

Maybe Baelish helps the Tyrell's find Gendry and maybe 3rd times the charm for Marjorie. At least until Dany's ready for battle.

I wouldn't assume that. When Robert Baratheon died, Ned Stark tried to put Stannis on the Iron Throne because he was convinced that Joffrey was not Robert's son.

Reaction Score
Oh. thanks for reminder. Yeah, I think that is kaput on the show at least. They better make the kingsmoot good because they are going to a lot of trouble on the show to bring us back to pyke and the other than the kingsmoot I dont see crap happening wiht the iron born over the long play.

The iron born are going to invade Dorne, the death toll will be high as both sides will kill each other with boredom.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Lannister's have no lineal claim to the throne. Robert won the throne from the "extinct" Targaryans. Robert has no legitimate heirs, all Cersei's children are a result of Lannister incest with Jamie. Ned Stark and a few others knew this to be true, that's why they are dead.

If you discount Robert's rebellion, Dany has the best claim as the only living Targaryan, as far as anyone knows.

Stannis had the next best claim as Robert's oldest brother followed by his daughter, Renly was next. That would appear to be the end of the Baratheons.

After that it's anyone's guess, you 'd have to go back to marriages and it's unclear if any lost relatives are around.

The line of succession from Robert is so diluted that the throne at this point belongs to whoever can take it. If Tommen and Marjorie ever produce an heir, that would likely settle the matter barring armed conflict.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I think the Iron born reappearing in the series is a nod to the books not being finished. They have the basic story line which they will run though quickly without filler. It appears to have taken 3 episodes before everyone has essentially confirmed all the internet rumors. Pyke is filler, I don't think they rate at the end, but the Kingsmoot storyline was interesting, there just wasn't much after that in the books. JRRM was setting something up for Dorne/Lannister Feud, but never got there. That area seems ripe for the show to riff on for a while.

Reaction Score
The Lannister's have no lineal claim to the throne. Robert won the throne from the "extinct" Targaryans. Robert has no legitimate heirs, all Cersei's children are a result of Lannister incest with Jamie. Ned Stark and a few others knew this to be true, that's why they are dead.

If you discount Robert's rebellion, Dany has the best claim as the only living Targaryan, as far as anyone knows.

Stannis had the next best claim as Robert's oldest brother followed by his daughter, Renly was next. That would appear to be the end of the Baratheons.

After that it's anyone's guess, you 'd have to go back to marriages and it's unclear if any lost relatives are around.

The line of succession from Robert is so diluted that the throne at this point belongs to whoever can take it. If Tommen and Marjorie ever produce an heir, that would likely settle the matter barring armed conflict.

Really solid posting.

Reaction Score

Tommen's claim is that he is Robert's heir, and while we know differently most people do not. If Tommen dies without an heir, or if it is ever generally accepted that he is not Robert's heir anyway (and how would that ever happen is Ned figured it out based on hair color but that's not proof and they don't have Dna testing yet), then, as you said, the crown would go to whomever could take it.

August_West

Reaction Score
Tommen's claim is that he is Robert's heir, and while we know differently most people do not. If Tommen dies without an heir, or if it is ever generally accepted that he is not Robert's heir anyway (and how would that ever happen is Ned figured it out based on hair color but that's not proof and they don't have Dna testing yet), then, as you said, the crown would go to whomever could take it.

The whole of Westeros knows Tommen aint a Baratheon. Stannis letters saw to that. Essos too for that matter. Jeez even Myrcella knew Jamie was her poppa. Deep down Tommen knows too, but obviously its advantageous for the Lannisters to pretend they dont.

Reaction Score

"The Lannister's have no lineal claim to the throne". Oh but they do: There's a new heir to the Iron Throne, and nobody on 'Game of Thrones' noticed
It would go to Tywin but he's dead then to Jaime but he's on the Kingsguard, then to Tyrion but he's exiled so that would leave Cersei....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The whole of Westeros knows Tommen aint a Baratheon. Stannis letters saw to that. Essos too for that matter. Jeez even Myrcella knew Jamie was her poppa. Deep down Tommen knows too, but obviously its advantageous for the Lannisters to pretend they dont.

Given the shouts from the mob on Cersie's walk of shame, I'd say it's general knowledge at this point that Jamie is Tommen's father. Tommen's a nice kid, but he can't hold that throne. It's going to be a very interesting season.

Reaction Score

Dragons will settle the matter. That's how the Targs took over in the first place. 3 dragons with 3 riders conquered Westeros. And it's how Dany will enforce her claim this time. Only major question is who gets to ride the third dragon. I think it's Tyrion.

For all the what will happen next questions, the ending of this has been clear from Season One/Book One. Dany takes back what is hers, uniting Westeros, then she and Nephew John burn some Ice Things with dragonfire and save the world. The Game of Thrones is a side show when a claimant has dragons. It's just a transferring of Dany's MacGuffin from placeholder to placeholder as she goes on the most tedious heros journey of all time.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Dragons will settle the matter. That's how the Targs took over in the first place. 3 dragons with 3 riders conquered Westeros. And it's how Dany will enforce her claim this time.

For all the what will happen next questions, the ending of this has been clear from Season One/Book One. Dany takes back what is hers, uniting Westeros, then she and Nephew John burn some Ice Things with dragonfire and save the world. The Game of Thrones is a side show when a claimant has dragons.
Plus nephew John will be husband John

August_West

Reaction Score
Someone will knock her up. But I really hope it isn't John. Had enough of the incest thing.
Shes barren. It will turn out that only a targ can knock up a targ or some such thing.

Reaction Score
Shes barren. It will turn out that only a targ can knock up a targ or some such thing.

She's not barren. That is the misinterpretation of the prophecy you're supposed to make. The prophecy is actually just an announcement of her pregnancy's schedule. "You'll give birth when the sun rises in the West and sets in the East," or some such Shot, doesn't mean you are barren. It means "when some Westerosi house with a sun for a heraldric symbol does such and such in the West, you'll conceive, and nine months later the dude with a sun on his armor will die in the East just as you're popping the kid out."

August_West

Reaction Score
She's not barren. That is the misinterpretation of the prophecy you're supposed to make. The prophecy is actually just an announcement of her pregnancy's schedule. "You'll give birth when the sun rises in the West and sets in the East," or some such Shot, doesn't mean you are barren. It means "when some Westerosi house with a sun for a heraldric symbol does such and such in the West, you'll conceive, and nine months later the dude with a sun on his armor will die in the East just as you're popping the kid out."

Maybe Tyrion will Schtup her

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Most popular guess is Tyrion. I have to admit I'll be a bit disappointed if it turns out that way.
And Daenerys' older brother. John Snow is Dany's nephew. He gets one of the dragons. Biggest mystery is who gets the third.

If it's not Samwell Tarly, I'mma be pissed.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Hah, that SNL GOT skit nailed it! I'll try to link it tomorrow.

August_West

Reaction Score
She thinks she is barren

August_West

Reaction Score
That's what all the women tell Tyrion. Doesn't mean it's true.
Wait now I'm remembering in the real universe when we last saw her was there not a moon blood episode?

Reaction Score
Huh? I dunno about that, but I know GRRM didn't write a zippy prophecy to announce Danny is barren and that the only way the reader is fooled is if she falls for it too. She ain't barren.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom