GOT Season Six | Page 3 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes. He lost his d---. It's impossible for me not to feel bad for him given that. I hold my own in too much esteem not to feel sympathy.

He should be dead. I hate that he didnt get flayed alive. I was rooting for Ramsay in that instance. Living in pain without a tool will do just fine as penance for betraying Robb, killing little kids, and all the other horrors.

He can go back to Pyke for some more humiliation and then:
55673694.jpg

Reaction Score
If all that happened to him was being flayed alive, I wouldn't feel bad for him.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Good execution (no pun intended) with the scene with
Ramsay and Roose
. Hear the stabby sound first without showing who was the stabber and who was the stabee. I was anticipating the other outcome.

Reaction Score
They already started. Did we really need Ramsay on screen with the dogs for Frey wife and baby? Do you need to make Ramsay any more insane or loathesome? Or is it more twitter fodder?

That's not really what I'm talking about -- shock value has been part of the series (and books) from the start.

I've seen this complaint in a bunch of reviews of last night's episode and it's stupid. It seems that people are only complaining about cruelty when it's in a departure from the books. One of the most important story lines begins with the smashing of a baby's head followed by the rape of that baby's mother while the baby's brains are still on the guy's hands. Stop pretending that the show's creators have somehow gone further than their source material.

August_West

Reaction Score
That's not really what I'm talking about -- shock value has been part of the series (and books) from the start.

I've seen this complaint in a bunch of reviews of last night's episode and it's stupid. It seems that people are only complaining about cruelty when it's in a departure from the books. One of the most important story lines begins with the smashing of a baby's head followed by the rape of that baby's mother while the baby's brains are still on the guy's hands. Stop pretending that the show's creators have somehow gone further than their source material.

Well for obvious reasons I have a lot of distance between myself and the books (how could you not since they are released once every eon) and while I remember quite a bit of brutality, it was far more spread out, because the books were far more dense.

Reaction Score
The free folk suddenly in control of Castle Black is a potential problem unless Jon Snow as savior can keep them in line.

No idea what Dany is doing or going. That's completely off book unless she ends up back at the pyramid, which would make her leaving a complete waste of time, so I think she grabs the dragons and heads to Dorne.

1) I suspect that Jon will be leading an army of Free Folk to Winterfell to confront Ramsay.

2) Not sure about this, since ADWD left with Dany lost somewhere and very much not in Mereen.

Reaction Score
Well for obvious reasons I have a lot of distance between myself and the books (how could you not since they are released once every eon) and while I remember quite a bit of brutality, it was far more spread out, because the books were far more dense.

That could be it. I finished the books sometime during Season 4.

August_West

Reaction Score
1) I suspect that Jon will be leading an army of Free Folk to Winterfell to confront Ramsay.

Free Folk. Plus Longtime Stark Bannermen. (who will Rally knowing there are still Starks to support) plus the Vale and Riverrun assemblies. Its going to be quite the collective I hope.

Reaction Score
Free Folk. Plus Longtime Stark Bannermen. (who will Rally knowing there are still Starks to support) plus the Vale and Riverrun assemblies. Its going to be quite the collective I hope.

I can't imagine that Petr Baelish would commit the Vale to that unless he planned to betray someone along the way . . .

Reaction Score
Have they jumped the shark with the Jon Snow resurrection?

Everything I liked about the show and books the unpredictability, the consequences for decisions made by characters has all been a smoke screen for the same old, same old. The prophecy. Azor Ahai. Why is it always an orphan fulfilling their destiny and finding out about their parentage along the way?

Harry Potter
Luke Skywalker
Rand Al'Thor

and now....
Jon Snow.

Et Tu game of thrones?

I full expect Meera Reed to be revealed as Jon's twin sister who were separated and hidden at birth.

Wait. You have a problem with them using a spell to resurrect someone, but you're okay with someone riding a dragon?

Reaction Score
Littlefinger's weakness is for Sansa. Lead an army to put Sansa in power, witha good chance of success, and Littlefinger will commit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You sir, along with Deep, would a fit right in with my UConn crowd. Smoke cigarettes, drink like fiends, dabble in some other stuff, skip classes, chase women and . . . . surreptitiously read geeky fantasy series.

I'm honored. I think....

August_West

Reaction Score
Wait. You have a problem with them using a spell to resurrect someone, but you're okay with someone riding a dragon?
yeah why not.
There have been <ahem> "nights" where I thought I was riding a dragon. Never had any where I could resurrect the dead.

Realism bias through my personal filter. Hows that?

August_West

Reaction Score
Sansa. He wants in Sansa's pants. His one weakness in a very calculating individual.
Littlefinger's weakness is for Stansa. Lead an army to out Stansa in power, witha good chance of success, and Littlefinger will commit.

I like how I put it better

Reaction Score
yeah why not.
There have been <ahem> "nights" where I thought I was riding a dragon. Never had any where I could resurrect the dead.

Realism bias through my personal filter. Hows that?

We called it a white pony in my days.

Reaction Score
Nitpicking...

No one knows what Ramsey is and how he thinks better than Roose Bolton. Roose has been telling him that if he lost Sansa because he "played his games," that will lead to serious consequences for Ramsey. He also told him that a legitimate heir is due to be born any minute. Yet Roose took zero precautions about the arrival of his son and how that might impact Ramsey. This from a guy who knew when to support the Starks and when to switch over to the Lannisters. When Ramsey said he looked forward to meeting his new brother, Roose's answer should have been that he's already sent them away.

Sending the Zombie Mountain to kill some random loudmouth in King's Landing seems like a waste of time for a valuable asset, like sending a battleship to sink a rowboat. If the plan is to kill a percentage of the people of taunted Cersei, that's going to take a long time and result in a considerable body count.

By the time Arya becomes a super-assassin, everyone she wants to kill will be long dead.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nitpicking...

No one knows what Ramsey is and how he thinks better than Roose Bolton. Roose has been telling him that if he lost Sansa because he "played his games," that will lead to serious consequences for Ramsey. He also told him that a legitimate heir is due to be born any minute. Yet Roose took zero precautions about the arrival of his son and how that might impact Ramsey. This from a guy who knew when to support the Starks and when to switch over to the Lannisters. When Ramsey said he looked forward to meeting his new brother, Roose's answer should have been that he's already sent them away.

Sending the Zombie Mountain to kill some random loudmouth in King's Landing seems like a waste of time for a valuable asset, like sending a battleship to sink a rowboat. If the plan is to kill a percentage of the people of taunted Cersei, that's going to take a long time and result in a considerable body count.

By the time Arya becomes a super-assassin, everyone she wants to kill will be long dead.

Yeah. Roose should have been 5 steps ahead of Ramsey, yet he went down like a punk. That was definitely a disappointing exit for the guy that had been playing the game as well as anyone.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Roose mistakenly thought that once he legitimized Ramsey that would calm him down. He showed a genuine interest in building his son into a lord. The new baby was a spare and a hedge against Ramsey not figuring it out. That misplaced trust is what led to his downfall. Roose didn't pick up on the subtle insecurities that the baby brought out in Ramsey.

It was very much an ironic call back to the red wedding, when Rob blinded by the prospect of a new relationship with the Freys, never saw it coming and was betrayed by someone close to him.

There was no need to drag it out. Though for a second I thought is was Ramsey that was stabbed.

August_West

Reaction Score
Roose mistakenly thought that once he legitimized Ramsey that would calm him down. He showed a genuine interest in building his son into a lord.

I disagree with that. Roose was trolling Ramsay hard at every opportunity taunting him with the fact that he would have a "real" son. He was totally inflammatory toward him. And he knew how crazy Ramsey was. It makes no sense Roose didnt see this coming. I mean this is a man who as been as shrewd a player in the "Game of Thrones" short of Littlefinger. Total Botch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom