GOT Season Six | Page 6 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huh? I dunno about that, but I know GRRM didn't write a zippy prophecy to announce Danny is barren and that the only way the reader is fooled is if she falls for it too. She ain't barren.
Think about her very last POV chapter in DwD

August_West

Reaction Score
It's been about 5 years, but I will pull it off of my bookshelf.
Chapter 71.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's been about 5 years, but I will pull it off of my bookshelf.
i just reread chapter 71 too. Forget her having her period, I think she's having a miscarriage!

August_West

Reaction Score
Why not bring back Sean Bean? 2 years ago he said he was up for it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Sword of the Morning went out in style. Much more style than Selmy did.

That was a boss way to go out. It does emphasize how bad the Sand Snakes fights really suck.

I am going to guess they didn't get Sean Bean because he is old as funk.

I think the show is killing it this season, but my one complaint is that Westeros is really spiraling out of control. The Bolton, Karstark and Umber heirs are about as sketchy as they get. Cersei and Jaime have gone rogue. Coups in Pyke and Dorne. There is close to too much going on.

August_West

Reaction Score
That was a boss way to go out. It does emphasize how bad the Sand Snakes fights really suck.

I am going to guess they didn't get Sean Bean because he is old as funk.

I think the show is killing it this season, but my one complaint is that Westeros is really spiraling out of control. The Bolton, Karstark and Umber heirs are about as sketchy as they get. Cersei and Jaime have gone rogue. Coups in Pyke and Dorne. There is close to too much going on.
Tower of joy was already the best scene this season. Think about how much more impactful it would've been for the tv masses if it was actually Sean bean playing Ned. He could've pulled off looking 17 years or so younger easily.
In a show full of age continuity issues with bran, rickon and even arya ( but not as much) . It would've played just fine.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
In a show full of age continuity issues with bran, rickon and even arya ( but not as much) . It would've played just fine.

I noticed in this past episode they made baby Sam appear to have aged past 18 months. The kid was born in season 3, he should be talking by now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tower of joy was already the best scene this season. Think about how much more impactful it would've been for the tv masses if it was actually Sean bean playing Ned. He could've pulled off looking 17 years or so younger easily.

Might have played just fine, but that was about 22 years ago in the show(14in the books). I think the change in actors emphasized the fact that it was a flashback to the past.

Where they screwed it up was the casting of Eddard and Howland Reed. I would have flipped the two actors. The guy who played Howland could have passed for a young Eddard. Whereas the actor who played Eddard looked like he'd be the father of the actor who played his son jojen. Perfect fit. It was really throwing me off.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Intersesting, I am the opposite of those two points. I felt the two episodes were anti climactic. I was hoping for a more dramatic reserection, and a more impactful comeuppance for the traitors. Though I guess it captured John's sadness/emptiness well enough.

The fact that westeros is spiraling out of control makes perfect sense to me. They cut off the head of the beast (Robert), and the body is spasming--the remaining pieces are (violently) jockeying for position and control. Look at what is happening in the Middle East in our world. Once groups sense an opportunity, they make desperate moves to grab power, which usually leads to chaos. Robert's reign was tenuous in that prior factions in power had been sublimated, and only grudgingly accepted that fact.

And the overall turmoil is also emblematic of a time of great change. Tectonic plates metaphorically shifting.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
They nailed the fight scene with the Darth Maul duel sword thing. Well choreographed. That stunt fighter was really good.

I thought it was awesome. I have one small quibble. "Dawn" is supposed to be one of the greatest swords of all time, why go for a double sword thing?

I will accept it though because I guess the thinking may have been : "OK do we play up the power of the sword or do we play up the power of the man" for the show writers.

They obviously picked "play up the man" and they did him justice. Ser Arthur looked boss as fack.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
So it appears Rickon's role will be similar to that of Fake Arya in the books. Should we expect to get Ramsay's note next week?

August_West

Reaction Score
So it appears Rickon's role will be similar to that of Fake Arya in the books. Should we expect to get Ramsay's note next week?

I think Rickon is next in line for a Stark horror injustice. Its been a while.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think Rickon is next in line for a Stark horror injustice. Its been a while.

I think you are right and I am dreading it. Taking out Shaggy Dog was already bad enough. I was hoping Rickon would come back all crazy and totally destroy the Stark enemies, but it is not looking good.

Reaction Score
I thought it was awesome. I have one small quibble. "Dawn" is supposed to be one of the greatest swords of all time, why go for a double sword thing?

I will accept it though because I guess the thinking may have been : "OK do we play up the power of the sword or do we play up the power of the man" for the show writers.

They obviously picked "play up the man" and they did him justice. Ser Arthur looked boss as fack.

I went through the same thought process. At the end of the day, HBO simply cannot develop each and every character the way the written series does. I mean, how many times would the show have had to work in a reference to a dead man's sword to make the sword significant for one flashback scene? Quite a few and, even then, only the most ardent show watchers (those types who will alsmost rewatch everything before each new season), might connect them to the flashback.

Really, I am loving HBO thus far. It's entertaining, moving at a good clip and keeping me interested in the next reveal. I no longer think of it as Fatso's work and don't care if it's different or predictive of Fatso. I realized that when John seemingly walked away from the Watch last night. At first I wondered if that's what will happen in Book 6. Then I dismissed the question as unimportant.

HBO owns the story now for me. The books are extra canon material that may or may not be useful for predicting what happens on HBO.

Reaction Score
I think you are right and I am dreading it. Taking out Shaggy Dog was already bad enough. I was hoping Rickon would come back all crazy and totally destroy the Stark enemies, but it is not looking good.

Could be part of a plot involving Rickon and the Umbers. No reason to guess that, outside of the fact that the Umbers were very ardent Stark loyalists and may remain so in the books after the Bolton takeover (I am of the mind that the Umbers are playing Roose). Shaggy Dog's head makes it unlikely, but that can always be explained away (the Starks don't have ALL the dire wolves in the world answering to them, killed by someone other than the Umbers before the plot was hatched, etc.). I am grasping at straws because I want Rickon to become Crazy MoFo Rickon too.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Could be part of a plot involving Rickon and the Umbers. No reason to guess that, outside of the fact that the Umbers were very ardent Stark loyalists and may remain so in the books after the Bolton takeover (I am of the mind that the Umbers are playing Roose). Shaggy Dog's head makes it unlikely, but that can always be explained away (the Starks don't have ALL the dire wolves in the world answering to them, killed by someone other than the Umbers before the plot was hatched, etc.). I am grasping at straws because I want Rickon to become Crazy MoFo Rickon too.

Very good point. I was wondering what caused the Umber's to seemingly flip (in the books there are 2 clans right? Some Stark loyalists, and the others not). All hope is not lost.

August_West

Reaction Score
so lets get deep here. My brahz.

Can Bran actually be heard/felt when visiting the past through the trees?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
@ - Agree with your point about this being HBOs story now. My thought process going into this season is that the show and books are no longer the same thing, and each should be enjoyed based on its own merits. It is making season 6 a much more enjoyable for me to watch than season 5 was. Dorne still sucks though.

August_West

Reaction Score
Very good point. I was wondering what caused the Umber's to seemingly flip (in the books there are 2 clans right? Some Stark loyalists, and the others not). All hope is not lost.

I'll be thinking of you when hes on the flaying cross :)

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
so lets get deep here. My brahz.

Can Bran actually be heard/felt when visiting the past through the trees?

His voice is like a breeze on the wind. I think when he gets more powerful he would be able to impact the past.

What if he is able to prevent Robert's Rebellion and this all ends up as essentially a bad dream?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom