GOT Season Six

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Seems like "the wars to come" are going to be coming pretty soon

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Royce betrayed Sansa/Baelish? If that was the case, why didn't Baelish have him tossed through the moon door?

The scene with the Khaleesi was badass. If Emelia Clarke walked out of a burning building naked, I would definitely drop to my knees. Actually, I wouldn't even need the "burning building" part of that to drop to my knees.

Who does the casting for GoT? Couldn't they cast a single child actor that stayed small? Bran, Rickon and now Robyn all look like they could kick some ass, and even Tommen is pretty big now. There is not a single "Gary Coleman" in the whole bunch. Robyn is supposed to be this weak, sickly boy, but he is probably taller than Littlefinger if he stands up straight.

It is good to have the Queen of Thorns actually do something instead of just dropping one liners. That said, the High Sparrow has been 2 steps ahead of everyone so far, and I don't expect that to change. I suspect Loras is about to be sacrificed.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Cersei is making another tactical mistake by letting the Highgarden troops into the city. Once they have control of King's Landing, it wouldn't be easy for the Lannisters to take it back. Also, I'm OK with HBO changing the storyline for Loras, but I don't know why they changed him into a coward when the Loras in the book was anything but. Granted, I read the books a few years ago and don't remember the details, but I remember Loras as being more heroic.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Royce betrayed Sansa/Baelish? If that was the case, why didn't Baelish have him tossed through the moon door?

Because now he has him under his thumb, which in Littlefinger's mind, is a far superior situation.

Who does the casting for GoT? Couldn't they cast a single child actor that stayed small? Bran, Rickon and now Robyn all look like they could kick some ass, and even Tommen is pretty big now. There is not a single "Gary Coleman" in the whole bunch. Robyn is supposed to be this weak, sickly boy, but he is probably taller than Littlefinger if he stands up straight.

I'm guessing the market for British child actors with congenital kidney disease isn't exactly booming.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I wonder if Cersei is making another tactical mistake by letting the Highgarden troops into the city. Once they have control of King's Landing, it wouldn't be easy for the Lannisters to take it back.

Her son is still the King, so I don't think it matters too much. He can ostensibly send them all off to war against Dorne if he fancies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm guessing the market for British child actors with congenital kidney disease isn't exactly booming.

Most child actors end up being small because they typically play characters younger than themselves. Look at a show like the Middle, where the jock, stud oldest son is actually 5'7 and probably weighs 140 pounds. It is just bad luck for GoT, but literally every key boy they cast is on his way to being 6'+. Rickon looks like he could kick Ramsay's ass already, and he is only 14.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I can't believe none of you astute watchers realized littlefinger was lying about Royce. That whole scenario little finger laid out never happened. It was just a power play.very Hillary like. :eek:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't believe none of you astute watchers realized littlefinger was lying about Royce. That whole scenario little finger laid out never happened. It was just a power play.

I figured that Littlefinger was just testing him, but Royce seemed to admit that he had told someone about Sansa when Littlefinger threw out what happened. Cersei did know Sansa was alive, which was why she summoned Littlefinger to Kings Landing from Winterfell last season. I will watch it again tonight to see if I got Royce's reaction correct.

Daario has to tell the Khaleesi about the greyscale, so either Jorah has to die or he will kill Daario.

Reaction Score
I figured that Littlefinger was just testing him, but Royce seemed to admit that he had told someone about Sansa when Littlefinger threw out what happened. Cersei did know Sansa was alive, which was why she summoned Littlefinger to Kings Landing from Winterfell last season. I will watch it again tonight to see if I got Royce's reaction correct.

Daario has to tell the Khaleesi about the greyscale, so either Jorah has to die or he will kill Daario.

I don't think it makes sense that Jorah kill Daario -- he knows he can't hide the greyscale forever. My guess is still that he eventually sacrifices himself to save her at some point this season.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Littlefinger was just showing Royce that Robyn is Littlefinger's puppet. I think Royce's reaction was just shock at how brazen Baelish was in playing him.

Reaction Score
So, now she rallies up the Dothraki army, heads back to Meereen for more troops, rounds up the dragons and torches a path through King's Landing, right?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So, now she rallies up the Dothraki army, heads back to Meereen for more troops, rounds up the dragons and torches a path through King's Landing, right?

Probably have to wait for season 7 to leave Essos. I think she will assume the path of Young Griff in the books. I still don't see how the armies will settle things before winter.

Lost in all the burning boobage, if that the Starks are back on the march. 2000 wildings, the Eyrie, plus whatever he (and maybe Sam?) can rally.

Highgarden marching on King's Landing is a nice idea and I wonder if they are just wasting our time with the Kingsmoot.

I've updated my prediction of the final outcome from blinding winter snow to John ruling the North, Dany ruling the south, Drone being Drone. Luke being a mess, and Tyrion staying in Mereen.

Bran and the forest people kill the white walkers by somehow ending winter.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dany is going to revert to being horrified by the Dothraki behavior. I don't see Dany's path from Vaes Dothrak to Westeros being a straight line.

Reaction Score
Her son is still the King, so I don't think it matters too much. He can ostensibly send them all off to war against Dorne if he fancies.

Unless Tommen decides to listen to Margaery instead is his mother.

Cersei's plans usually backfire on her, I expect this will be no different; although I think it is the High Sparrow that is outsmarting her here instead of the Tyrells.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Unless Tommen decides to listen to Margaery instead is his mother.

Cersei's plans usually backfire on her, I expect this will be no different; although I think it is the High Sparrow that is outsmarting her here instead of the Tyrells.

That's certainly true, but she's got a very, very strong guilt thing going right now with Tommen. And Jamie is back in the fold, so that strengthens her case on top of it.

Also, I expect the Mutant Mountain is a trump card the High Sparrow will have trouble dealing with.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I can't believe none of you astute watchers realized littlefinger was lying about Royce. That whole scenario little finger laid out never happened. It was just a power play.very Hillary like. :eek:

No, I got that. But it was Littlefinger's way of finding out if Royce double crossed him, and showing him who's the real boss. And it seemed Royce apparently/implicitly did try to screw him. It's just that he could have easily rubbed Royce out right then and there. But better to keep him under his thumb. Control is everything for a man like Littlefinger with no real backing. Amazing that a guy with so little is so good at maneuvering into strong positions.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I don't think he has to. One thing about Dario is that he is a rogue, first and foremost. He'd have no problem lying to Khaleesi. In doing so, he'd keep Jorah under his thumb via blackmail. I keep using that phrase, but it's what the game is all about.

Dario's nature is somewhat obscured in the show due to the 'affable' nature of the actor. He's supposed to be slimy, self interested and even devious, like the previous actor who had the role (a far better choice imo).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Probably have to wait for season 7 to leave Essos. I think she will assume the path of Young Griff in the books. I still don't see how the armies will settle things before winter.

I don't see them doing that either. But maybe that's the point. The coming of Winter...and more importantly, the White Walkers, may force competing nations/factions to join together in defense of the realm. That might be the only thing that stops the war for all we know.

Reaction Score
That's certainly true, but she's got a very, very strong guilt thing going right now with Tommen. And Jamie is back in the fold, so that strengthens her case on top of it.

Also, I expect the Mutant Mountain is a trump card the High Sparrow will have trouble dealing with.

There is an interesting theory on the internet as to how things will play out. I won't call it a spoiler since we are out of book territory, but I won't elaborate on it either. You can google if you wish.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There is an interesting theory on the internet as to how things will play out. I won't call it a spoiler since we are out of book territory, but I won't elaborate on it either. You can google if you wish.

Appreciate that, as I tend to avoid those sorts of things until after I've read/watched the bit in question. Left to wonder now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Most child actors end up being small because they typically play characters younger than themselves. Look at a show like the Middle, where the jock, stud oldest son is actually 5'7 and probably weighs 140 pounds. It is just bad luck for GoT, but literally every key boy they cast is on his way to being 6'+. Rickon looks like he could kick Ramsay's ass already, and he is only 14.

Meanwhile Harry Potter was supposed to be easily over 6', and they got Daniel Radcliffe. That's some crappy luck. Struck gold with Emma Watson though, and the Weasley kids were spot on.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

August is right. The very premise that he was set on by Bolton's men is false. He brought Sansa to them of his own accord. Royce didn't betray anything from what I can tell. But indeed, he now knows Littlefinger is calling the shots. That's what matters. Add that to Ramsay's tactical error in sending his letter, which will rally the wildings to Jon, and Ramsay and the Boltons are about to be removed, with help from the Vale and probably others.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

The scene with the Khaleesi was badass. If Emelia Clarke walked out of a burning building naked, I would definitely drop to my knees. Actually, I wouldn't even need the "burning building" part of that to drop to my knees.

It is good to have the Queen of Thorns actually do something instead of just dropping one liners. That said, the High Sparrow has been 2 steps ahead of everyone so far, and I don't expect that to change. I suspect Loras is about to be sacrificed.

I could have sworn Emilia Clarke said no more nudity on the show? I guess not. It was a nice way out of that situation. She seems to continually consolidate power from the most dire circumstances.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think he has to. One thing about Dario is that he is a rogue, first and foremost. He'd have no problem lying to Khaleesi. In doing so, he'd keep Jorah under his thumb via blackmail. I keep using that phrase, but it's what the game is all about.

Dario's nature is somewhat obscured in the show due to the 'affable' nature of the actor. He's supposed to be slimy, self interested and even devious, like the previous actor who had the role (a far better choice imo).

Once Daario holds back that Jorah has greyscale, he can never disclose it. Mutually assured destruction.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I could have sworn Emilia Clarke said no more nudity on the show? I guess not. It was a nice way out of that situation. She seems to continually consolidate power from the most dire circumstances.

I thought this as well. It's clear they passed up more gratuitous camera shots with her these last few seasons.

My guess is they used the Cercei body double trick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom