GOT Season Six | Page 10 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
August is right. The very premise that he was set on by Bolton's men is false. He brought Sansa to them of his own accord. Royce didn't betray anything from what I can tell. But indeed, he now knows Littlefinger is calling the shots. That's what matters. Add that to Ramsay's tactical error in sending his letter, which will rally the wildings to Jon, and Ramsay and the Boltons are about to be removed, with help from the Vale and probably others.

I read the Littlefinger scene a little differently. Either way, there is a plot hole. We don't know who told Cersei about Sansa, which Littlefinger referenced yesterday. If Littlefinger knew it was Royce, he would have no choice but to have him killed.

Ramsay is a freaking idiot, and lucky to be alive this long. I think Roose's comment that "if you act like a wild dog, you will be treated like a wild dog" is foreshadowing of how Ramsay will exit the show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unless Tommen decides to listen to Margaery instead is his mother.

Cersei's plans usually backfire on her, I expect this will be no different; although I think it is the High Sparrow that is outsmarting her here instead of the Tyrells.

I'm guessing otherwise this time. I think the High Sparrow just did the impossible, and created a real alliance between the Lannisters and Tyrrels. For the first time, their interests do align in every way. Cersei has one child left. Tommen is truly a nice kid, unlike Joffrey, and he loves Margaery. Cersei realizes it now, and wants him to be happy. Jamie is back. Olenna and Mace can sense the change in Cersei. The High Sparrow is getting boring at this point as a plot device, and I think the Mountain is about to unload on him.

By the end of the season we'll be down to three camps. Lannister/Tyrells vs. Starks/North vs. Dany and the slaves (a punk rock band name in waiting)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought this as well. It's clear they passed up more gratuitous camera shots with her these last few seasons.

My guess is they used the Cercei body double trick.

If they did then they used old Emilia Clarke footage...that's her body.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing otherwise this time. I think the High Sparrow just did the impossible, and created a real alliance between the Lannisters and Tyrrels. For the first time, their interests do align in every way. Cersei has one child left. Tommen is truly a nice kid, unlike Joffrey, and he loves Margaery. Cersei realizes it now, and wants him to be happy. Jamie is back. Olenna and Mace can sense the change in Cersei. The High Sparrow is getting boring at this point as a plot device, and I think the Mountain is about to unload on him.

By the end of the season we'll be down to three camps. Lannister/Tyrells vs. Starks/North vs. Dany and the slaves (a punk rock band name in waiting)

You may be right, we'll see.

However, right now I find it hard to believe that the High Sparrow would slip up by telling a secret to Tommen and expect Tommen to keep his mouth shut. The High Sparrow has yet to miscalculate, unlikely that he would be tripped up like this.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You may be right, we'll see.

However, right now I find it hard to believe that the High Sparrow would slip up by telling a secret to Tommen and expect Tommen to keep his mouth shut. The High Sparrow has yet to miscalculate, unlikely that he would be tripped up like this.

I'm assuming he told him that Jamie is his father. So? The Tyrells pretty much know that. My view is that both of those great houses are well and truly screwed unless they align together, keep each other's dirty secrets (plenty to go around) and take out the High Sparrow. It's the only play either of them have left. Tommen and Loras are their last cards.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Once Daario holds back that Jorah has greyscale, he can never disclose it. Mutually assured destruction.

Good point. I still don't think he will tell her. It doesn't seem to be in his interest. Ideally, I would like for him to turn into a marauding grey scale monster man. But, as someone else said, it will probably end with Jorah willingly sacfricing himself for Daenarys.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think there is a problem for which "get more Dothraki" is the best solution. I think the Khaleesi is going to have some issues controlling her new army.

Good contrast with the various sister/brother combinations: Sansa/Jon, Yara/Theon, Cersei/Jaime, Margaery/Loras. Basically, all 4 sisters have been forced to give some form of "man up" talks this season, and 3 of them did it this week. Margaery and Yara have essentially written off their brothers, or maybe just written them down a bit. Meera/Bran had a similar vibe last week, and the Children of the Forest had to tell Meera to chill.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So what is the consensus on the secret the High Sparrow whispered to Tommen? His parentage (with a threat to reveal it formally)? Tyrell's involvement in murdering Joffrey? Something else? It really makes a significant difference in understanding Cersei's play at the small council.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So what is the consensus on the secret the High Sparrow whispered to Tommen? His parentage (with a threat to reveal it formally)? Tyrell's involvement in murdering Joffrey? Something else? It really makes a significant difference in understanding Cersei's play at the small council.

Has to be something else. I'm pretty sure Tommen's heard the rumors of his parentage. It's not like it is a big secret now. More like an unspoken truth.

Reaction Score
Has to be something else. I'm pretty sure Tommen's heard the rumors of his parentage. It's not like it is a big secret now. More like an unspoken truth.

My guess is that the High Sparrow is at a level above Cersei and Jamie. So whatever he told Tommen to keep secret, he wanted the Lannisters to hear it. Which means he wanted Tyrell troops invited into the City for a purpose that we don't know yet.

Then again, I thought Osha might off Ramsey, so wtf do I know.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My guess is that the High Sparrow is at a level above Cersei and Jamie. So whatever he told Tommen to keep secret, he wanted the Lannisters to hear it. Which means he wanted Tyrell troops invited into the City for a purpose that we don't know yet.

I don't think he's clairvoyant. He can't predict every move. I asked the question because those two possibilities yield opposite results.
  • If he is threatening to reveal Tommen's parentage. Then Tommen isn't king. No Lannister is. So Margaery isn't queen. Both houses are up snow creek. The current alliance may be real, and unexpected by the Sparrow. He is counting on her pride and arrogance.
  • If he revealed who killed Joffrey, then Cersei is absolutely setting up the Tyrells, perhaps to destroy their army.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The High Sparrow has been a step ahead of everyone the whole time, so I wouldn't count him out yet.

If there was a bookie that took bets on things like this, "Loras getting filleted during the Tyrell attack on the Sept of Baelor" would be off the board right now.

I think Ramsay's death is going to be particularly gruesome. I expect he will get fed to dogs or flayed, likely by his own men.

Reaction Score
I thought the juxtaposition of Cersei and Khaleesi was intersting (of course they were only juxtaposed in my mind). Cersei was humbled to her lowest point by being naked in front of her subjects and treated like a "whore". Khaleesi has had two of her most powerful moments when she was totally naked in front of her subjects. Don't know why that popped into my mind, but I found it interesting.

I think Cersei lied to the Hand and Lady Tyrell about the Queen making "the walk".

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Cersei was humbled to her lowest point by being naked in front of her subjects and treated like a "whore". Khaleesi has had two of her most powerful moments when she was totally naked in front of her subjects. Don't know why that popped into my mind, but I found it interesting.

You don't know why the scenes of two hot naked women popped into your mind?

Reaction Score
I thought the juxtaposition of Cersei and Khaleesi was intersting (of course they were only juxtaposed in my mind). Cersei was humbled to her lowest point by being naked in front of her subjects and treated like a "whore". Khaleesi has had two of her most powerful moments when she was totally naked in front of her subjects. Don't know why that popped into my mind, but I found it interesting.

I think Cersei lied to the Hand and Lady Tyrell about the Queen making "the walk".

Maybe you want to lobby for more nakedness so we can see how this intellectual irony plays it? From a strictly intellectual level of course

Reaction Score
You don't know why the scenes of two hot naked women popped into your mind?

No, no....I know why they were in my mind. I don't know why the second thing I thought of as she appeared was that comparison. I guess this is what getting old is...if so, it sucks!!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I think it's a clever observation. I'd summarize it this way. Dany's power comes from within. Cersei's power comes from trappings of wealth, family name, and other things that can be stripped away. Jon Snow is a lot like Dany, thankfully without the nudity, although he was naked on a table for a few days.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think it's a clever observation. I'd summarize it this way. Dany's power comes from within. Cersei's power comes from trappings of wealth, family name, and other things that can be stripped away. Jon Snow is a lot like Dany, thankfully without the nudity, although he was naked on a table for a few days.
Tormund said he was micropeen'd (AKA Trump'd).

Poor Jon

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So in the books there are heavy hints that Brienne and Jamie Lannister could end up as a couple. I guess the show is going a different way.

I do like this couple.

ATbb8aD.gif

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tormund said he was micropeen'd (AKA Trump'd).

Poor Jon

Tormund may have an unreasonable perspective, which of course may make him a great match for Brienne.

Reaction Score

That was my exact thought as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I'm sure that's what they told Emilia Clarke to get her to agree to take her clothes off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom