GOT Season Six | Page 12 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I believe that Bran has an impact on the past, but I don't believe he can actually change the past (if that makes any sense). Willys becoming Hodor was always going to happen. It's almost as if he existed at both times simultaneously. Maybe I will be proven wrong though.

Reaction Score
I get so confused with time travel: if Bran just affected the past, why has Hodor been saying 'Hodor' this whole time? Shouldn't he have not been saying it until Bran warged into him, but once Bran did it he would've affected how things played out with Wyllis for the past 30ish years?

You're on the same timeline. So, presumably, back when Ned and Lyanna were kids, future Bran hopped the Delorian and accidentally warged into Willys, just like he did last night. Kind of a Star Trek time loop concept. Also seen in Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Reaction Score
I don't think he "saw" Bran -- Bran took over Hodor's mind while he was still visiting the past. Best guess is that link doubled back on Willys, so to speak.

August objected to the potential Star Wars storyline. Now it appears we're getting elements of Dr. Who/Back to the Future as well.

I was thinking Lord of the Rings. Bran grabbing the tree root was like Pippin using the seeing stone and inadvertently revealing himself to Sauron.

Reaction Score
By the way, I get the sense that the Blackfish thing is a plant from Littlefinger, and that the odds on Brienne being taken out just went way up.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Is no one confused as to how red witch #2 seemed to have the details of Varys's castration? Is RW2 the same wizard in hot packaging? It seems the guy was at the very least a red priest.

Red Priests and Priestesses have the ability to see things in their flames. It is possible this new red priestess saw Varys' past in her flames and that is how she knew what happened to him. Melisandre has had visions but she doesnt seem very adept and interpreting them.

It's also possible the new priestess is not who she appears to be. We already saw that Melisandre's necklace allows her to change the way she appears to other people. The new priestess has the same necklace, so her true identity is still a mystery. Maybe she knew Varys from the past.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Is no one confused as to how red witch #2 seemed to have the details of Varys's castration? Is RW2 the same wizard in hot packaging? It seems the guy was at the very least a red priest.
Didn't Varys have his captor and mutilator shipped to him in a box and alluded that he would be tortured in the same way.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What if Bran warged into both Hodor's, young and old, at the same time and young Hodor saw his future and that's what messed him up his whole life? That's where I'm leaning right now.

Yeah, Hodor seeing the future makes more sense to me. I don't think Bran warged into him back then, because Hodor has been Hodor since that point, and if Bran did it he wouldn't have been Hodor until then. My best guess is that the old man in the tree did the warging way back when, and Bran was just watching it all happen.

In which case, Bran didn't affect anything in the past (but the story will be more interesting if he has the ability to affect the past).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
By the way, I get the sense that the Blackfish thing is a plant from Littlefinger, and that the odds on Brienne being taken out just went way up.

Could be. I dont think so though. They made a point of showing
1)Blackfish is a badass
2) Blackfish escaped Red Wedding

Riverrun has a part to play I think.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Could be. I dont think so though. They made a point of showing
1)Blackfish is a badass
2) Blackfish escaped Red Wedding

Riverrun has a part to play I think.

Littlefinger was trying to get Sansa on his side too. I think back to one of the Season 1 episodes where Ned freaks out on Littlefinger before calming down, and Littlefinger remarks, "the Starks, quick tempers, and slow minds". He is playing the long game with Sansa, knowing her parents were two turnips mentally, is correctly assuming that Sansa is also a moron.

Reaction Score
Didn't Varys have his captor and mutilator shipped to him in a box and alluded that he would be tortured in the same way.
I haven't gotten that far in the books, but I believe we've seen the sorcerer in the box on the show.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Vale army or no Vale army, telling Littlefinger to get lost is not necessarily a terrible idea. His goal is to control the North before making a run at the crown.

She should have accepted his help with the intent of killing him at the right moment. But, Sansa gonna Sansa.

Reaction Score
Sansa had a chance to play Littlefinger and didn't, instead opting for a naive honesty. Yes, Littlefinger wants Winterfell, and ultimately the Kingdom, but he wants Sansa second only to that. It would have been easy enough to pretend she was interested, get what she wants from him and dispose of him down the road. Instead, she made clear that they were no longer allied.

The problem for her is if they are both playing the game, she is more likely to lose to him than beat him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Hodor seeing the future makes more sense to me. I don't think Bran warged into him back then, because Hodor has been Hodor since that point, and if Bran did it he wouldn't have been Hodor until then. My best guess is that the old man in the tree did the warging way back when, and Bran was just watching it all happen.

In which case, Bran didn't affect anything in the past (but the story will be more interesting if he has the ability to affect the past).

See, I think that when Young Ned was able to hear Bran a few weeks ago, now Young Hodor has also been contacted by Bran, he's the one that is causing the ripple effect of a lot of this stuff. I seem to recall the Mad King hearing voices and have read some theories that could be Bran too.

When you think about Bran being pushed out the window in Season 1/Ep 1, and the potential that he may now go back and re-write history to shape the ending of this series somehow....it blows my friggin' mind.

Reaction Score

Tree Man was less useful than tits on a bull. The most evil of evils is coming to kill them, and he takes Bran into the past to see Hodor become Hodor. A simple "run now" would a helped a wee bit more.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
See, I think that when Young Ned was able to hear Bran a few weeks ago, now Young Hodor has also been contacted by Bran, he's the one that is causing the ripple effect of a lot of this stuff. I seem to recall the Mad King hearing voices and have read some theories that could be Bran too.

When you think about Bran being pushed out the window in Season 1/Ep 1, and the potential that he may now go back and re-write history to shape the ending of this series somehow....it blows my friggin' mind.

This is what I don't get. If Bran just last night warged into Hodor, then shouldn't Hodor have been perfectly fine his entire life as Wyllis? However, he's been Hodor for Bran's entire life. Didn't Bran have to warg into him to turn him into Hodor?

This is where time travel gets very confusing for me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Tree Man was less useful than tits on a bull. The most evil of evils is coming to kill them, and he takes Bran into the past to see Hodor become Hodor. A simple "run now" would a helped a wee bit more.

Yeah, I'm assuming there's more to it that we haven't seen yet. I hope so, anyway, or that whole sequence was pointless.

Reaction Score
Why did the White Walkers have it out for the children of the tree if they had been the folks who had created them?

Reaction Score
This is what I don't get. If Bran just last night warged into Hodor, then shouldn't Hodor have been perfectly fine his entire life as Wyllis? However, he's been Hodor for Bran's entire life. Didn't Bran have to warg into him to turn him into Hodor?

This is where time travel gets very confusing for me.

I would think that maybe he saw his own death? Holding the door against those white walkers who eventually ripped him to shreds alive? That could up a dude for life.

August_West

Reaction Score
I would think that maybe he saw his own death? Holding the door against those white walkers who eventually ripped him to shreds alive? That could up a dude for life.

Yup, I agree with that take 100%
I don't think this means that Bran can go to any point in history he wants and start with people. I am pretty sure that Hodor only got Hodor'd because Bran's physical body was with, and warged, into present day Hodor, while simultaneously making eye contact with young Hodor.

Young Hodor notices Bran shortly after present Hodor is warged. It makes sense that once Bran has warged into Hodor, some of Hodor's consciousness would join Bran in his vision and allow young Hodor to see Bran. And once they make eye contact, since Bran is already trying to warg hodor, he accidentally wargs young Hodor. It is not so simple as "Bran is with the past." This could only happen because of a very specific set of circumstances, yet it is part of the dangers that Blood Raven was trying to warn Bran about.

Since they borrowed already from Star Wars, Back to the Future, Dr. Who and probably a few other. Lets call this the "Inception" warg. lol

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yup, I agree with that take 100%
I don't think this means that Bran can go to any point in history he wants and start with people. I am pretty sure that Hodor only got Hodor'd because Bran's physical body was with, and warged, into present day Hodor, while simultaneously making eye contact with young Hodor.

Young Hodor notices Bran shortly after present Hodor is warged. It makes sense that once Bran has warged into Hodor, some of Hodor's consciousness would join Bran in his vision and allow young Hodor to see Bran. And once they make eye contact, since Bran is already trying to warg hodor, he accidentally wargs young Hodor. It is not so simple as "Bran is with the past." This could only happen because of a very specific set of circumstances, yet it is part of the dangers that Blood Raven was trying to warn Bran about.

Since they borrowed already from Star Wars, Back to the Future, Dr. Who and probably a few other. Lets call this the "Inception" warg. lol

So back when Hodor was a kid, he saw some mysterious kid from the future and that caused him to be warged and see the future and become Hodor? So Bran from the future can theoretically show up to warn current Bran about something?

This is all so confusing. I hate time travel.

Reaction Score
Pardon me while I digress to a non-Bran subject.
Book readers would already know the situation with Euron Greyjoy, new king of the Iron Islands.
Iron Islanders have been irrelevant really ALL series long but I feel like they have to be important to the story line to be thrown in now.
Prediction: Remember in episode 2 or 3 when Dany's ships were burned down by the Sons of the Harpy? Remember yesterday when Euron begs for 1000 ships to sail to Dany? Mother of Dragons gonna be pretty desperate for a new fleet, no? We've already seen Dany marry for political reasons before. I think Euron may actually "seduce" Dany into a Dragon/Kraken alliance.

August_West

Reaction Score
Pardon me while I digress to a non-Bran subject.
Book readers would already know the situation with Euron Greyjoy, new king of the Iron Islands.
Iron Islanders have been irrelevant really ALL series long but I feel like they have to be important to the story line to be thrown in now.
Prediction: Remember in episode 2 or 3 when Dany's ships were burned down by the Sons of the Harpy? Remember yesterday when Euron begs for 1000 ships to sail to Dany? Mother of Dragons gonna be pretty desperate for a new fleet, no? We've already seen Dany marry for political reasons before. I think Euron may actually "seduce" Dany into a Dragon/Kraken alliance.

I dont know why they left the horn out if thats the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom