GoT Season Seven | Page 15 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
Yes, they were going to Dorne. But between the fact that they have no ships to pick up the Dornish army and the Dorne leader is captive, I think Dany has lost Dorne's help. Best she can hope for is that Euron doesn't succeed in flipping them to Cersei's side.

I expect nelsonmuntz is more right about this one and that in a couple of episodes King's Landing will be surrounded by Dorne and Highgarden forces. We are in the giddyup phase of the story where people and forces move a bit faster than possible for storytelling purposes. Kinda like Varys crossed the ocean to make an alliance with Dorne and then magicked himself onto Daenerys' invasion fleet in a single episode last season.

Just watch the rapidity with which Arya gets to the North in comparison to her seasons long trek across the Riverlands with the Nights Watch, Hot Pie and then the Hound.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
John's message to Daenerys is even simpler ---

"By what right do you claim to rule"?

"By right of blood succession. I am the daughter of Aegon Targaryean."

"So you believe in birthright succession"?

"Yes."

"Okay, well I am the son of Aegon's firstborn. The son of Rhygaer."

"Really"?

"Yup. You lose. John Snow wins again."

If only Jon knew that information.

Instead we will get this:

"Hey, you're kinda hot"

"You're kind of hot too, and I need a husband"

"Will you help me kill white walkers?"

"Sure, if you help me remove Cersei from the Iron Throne"

"I hate that bitch. She killed several of my family members"

"Let's boink and go to war" (in unison)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I expect nelsonmuntz is more right about this one and that in a couple of episodes King's Landing will be surrounded by Dorne and Highgarden forces. We are in the giddyup phase of the story where people and forces move a bit faster than possible for storytelling purposes. Kinda like Varys crossed the ocean to make an alliance with Dorne and then magicked himself onto Daenerys' invasion fleet in a single episode last season.

Just watch the rapidity with which Arya gets to the North I'm comparison to her seasons long trek across the Riverlands with the Nights Watch, Hot Pie and then the Hound.

If you look at a map, the land between the Neck and Winterfell is like 5 times the size of the entire Riverlands.

I agree that the plot is speeding up, and there will be some loose ends. Like it would seem that Edmure Tully should have been released when the Frey's were chugging Night Train, but the show is silent on that so far and I suspect that we will just move on without any resolution of what happens in the Riverlands.

Randall Tarly is going to be important. You don't give that much screen time to a character in a season like this if they are just going to forget about him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you look at a map, the land between the Neck and Winterfell is like 5 times the size of the entire Riverlands.

I agree that the plot is speeding up, and there will be some loose ends. Like it would seem that Edmure Tully should have been released when the Frey's were chugging Night Train, but the show is silent on that so far and I suspect that we will just move on without any resolution of what happens in the Riverlands.

Randall Tarly is going to be important. You don't give that much screen time to a character in a season like this if they are just going to forget about him.

Amazingly, Billy Bones from Black Sails is Sam's brother. Damn, Sam really lost the genetic lottery on that one. Tarley is here as a wild card, we don't know which way he'll go.

Reaction Score

On Edmure -- Did Arya leave his Frey wife and Frey son alive? If so, and I imagine she did unfortunately, Walder Frey ends up doing pretty well in the GOT: Darwin's Edition.

A Tully match was said to be better than any match House Frey had ever had, and he got that and a grandchild out of his scheming unless Arya went Def Con 10 offscreen. I hope it isn't true, but it doesn't seem Arya went after Walder's female progeny like she did the males.

Reaction Score
During the early parts of the Arya/Nymeria scene, did anyone else think that, due to Arya's sudden breath on the air, that the white walkers had somehow gotten South?

Reaction Score
J

How is Sam not busted yet for going rogue pretty much every chance he gets? The Citadel seems like the kind of place where someone would stand out if they went off the rails even a little.

I'm sure Professor Slughorn will say something about Sam going into the restricted area soon . . . . or am I confusing my stories?

Reaction Score

"Hey, you're kinda hot"

Well, that would be a longer courtship than he had before boinking his last lover.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So what does Cersei do to Ellaria Sand? Is Ellaria Euron's wedding gift?

Whatever it is, I am sure there will be dozens or maybe hundreds of columns about how misogynist Game of Thrones is after it happens.

Reaction Score
Question for Book Readers (and this is casting not story related, not a spoiler)

Is the guy the got to play Euron the worst casing of the series. He is NOTHING like the book. They hit it out of the park with much of their casting. A couple fails; Dario #1 comes to mind, but they fixed that.

Euron is NOTHING like this guy they cast or are writing.

This show still really grabs me for the tables they have set but the dialogue and some character choices since they went ahead of the books seem more like B movie material.

Seems that they moved closer to the book character in this episode -- not just the fighting, but the psycho badass element of it . . .

Also, I was really worried about the state of the dialogue after episode 1, but the second episode was much better.

Reaction Score
if word could somehow get back to Dany soon, her dragons could lay waste to that fleet before it returns to Kings Landing.

Reaction Score
Dany threatening to burn Varys alive. There has always been the possibility of her being insane but with more and more foreshadowing, I truly think she will be the Mad Queen. Is this an obvious take? For whatever reason, I never seriously thought she would turn bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dany threatening to burn Varys alive. There has always been the possibility of her being insane but with more and more foreshadowing, I truly think she will be the Mad Queen. Is this an obvious take? For whatever reason, I never seriously thought she would turn bad.

She is a firebug. It would be an interesting way to end the show.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Euron is still a bad guy because Ellaria Sand is still alive. When he kills her, all debts are paid.

He's not going to kill her; Sand snake #3 and her mommy are the "gift" Euron was talking about for Cersei. I'm sure she'll be happy to have the woman that killed her daughter brought on a silver platter.

Reaction Score
What is Littlefinger's game? Why is he wasting his time in the North instead of ingratiating himself with Daenerys or moving against her?
It's why he's one of my favorites. You really never know

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I thought she seemed a bit more unstable in this episode. A lot more, I am the Queen and less breaker of chains.

Obviously, her and Jon are going form some sort of alliance. The terms of that alliance could vary wildly.

The red woman's influence in this will be interesting. Does Dany care that she burned a little girl alive? Does Davos go medieval when he sees her?

Dragonstone is the hottest new club that all the kids are going to.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

"Hey, you're kinda hot"

Shoulda put that in a spoiler tag because that's about verbatim how it goes down.

Reaction Score
Shoulda put that in a spoiler tag because that's about verbatim how it goes down.

You must have loved Episode 2.

sansa_stark__queen_in_the_north_by_maraantoinette-d7kg70c.jpg

No?

Reaction Score
He's not going to kill her; Sand snake #3 and her mommy are the "gift" Euron was talking about for Cersei. I'm sure she'll be happy to have the woman that killed her daughter brought on a silver platter.

Given that Ellaria Sand killed Cersei's daughter, presumably the point of taking the third sand snake alive was to allow Cersei to make Ellaria watch her daughter be killed.

Reaction Score

She did lay that threat on pretty thick. I did like that she didn't just accept Varys being on her side without reservation, since his track record is not one that would suggest loyalty. Still, her saying she would burn Varys alive in front of Melisandre, well beyond the point she was making in the prior meeting, could be a sign that the Dany might be unstable. Or maybe she just thought the Red Priestess would like to hear about the possibility of someone being burned alive.

On the theme of questioning someone's loyalty and punishing or forgiving past trangressions, I was thinking about the Sansa-Jon disagreement from episode 1. This is nitpicking, but Jon really wasn't doing the Karstarks and Umbers any favors by allowing them to remain in their ancestral castles/lands. Their names came up because they have the two closest castles to the Wall. If/when the Night King's army comes south, they'll be attacked first. It would not be a great benefit for someone who was loyal to the Starks to be "rewarded" by being placed in the path of an unstoppable army of the dead.

Some other episode 2 thoughts:

- I guess we won't see the Valyrian dragon horn. Someone watched the Desolation of Smaug and decided that the Westerosi could invent a wind lance instead.

- I don't know if there was an acceptable alternative to meeting with Dany (meet on neutral ground or send an emissary), but it had to cross Jon Snow's mind that the last time he made a decision like that, he was stabbed to death.

- In Tyrion and Dany's war plans, it's interesting there was no mention of the Dothraki. The Unsullied were going to Casterly Rock while the Tyrell and Dornish armies were going to King's Landing, but the Dothraki were apparently going to sit on the sidelines. While I understand the desire to avoid frightening people with a "savage, foreign, hored, " they're a pretty important force not to use at all and they also seem like the least likely group to accept inactivity.

Reaction Score
I can't believe no one has made a strap-on joke regarding Grey Worm yet . . . .
Really disappointed that the writers are still running with this shoehorned-in romantic sub-plot. Thought they would be paring down on worthless stuff like that now that we are down to what, 10-12 more episodes total (if that?). That scene took up a solid 8 or so minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom