GoT Season Seven | Page 17 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like what happened to the fleet is a really bad look for Varys?

Does Dorne pull out with the cute Sand chick and whatsherface hostage? Army is still out there regardless. But I wonder if Cersei can resist killing them, which will of course destroy leverage against Dorne they have and should value.

They really turned Euron's character around correctly quickly. From the end of S6 to that raving, murderous, Joker-laughing warlord in two episodes.

I first thought for a second Arya would encounter some snuck-far-South White Walkers when I saw her breath, but it was too bright out (Walkers don't just bring cold; they bring stormy night) and figured it was her wolf instead. That can't be the last time we see her and her pack; seemed like a pretty clear Chekhov's Gun to me.

Reaction Score
I thought Bran (sp?) would be the through dragon rider, not Tyrion.

My question, if Jon returns, does Sansa give the North back go him?

(1) The third dragon rider is one of the hardest predictions to defend with real substance, but Tyrion is my guy for 3 reasons. First, I think there's a very strong chance that in the books Tyrion will be proven to be a Targaryean rather than a Lannister. Second, in both the books and the show they emphasize how much Tyrion has always loved dragons since he was a little boy when he wanted to ride one. Third, he is the best and most beloved character on the show.

(2) I think the show is working on a big Stark Reunion and don't expect any real infighting there. They really don't have enough episodes to fight each other and the dead.

Reaction Score
(1) The third dragon rider is one of the hardest predictions to defend with real substance, but Tyrion is my guy for 3 reasons. First, I think there's a very strong chance that in the books Tyrion will be proven to be a Targaryean rather than a Lannister. Second, in both the books and the show they emphasize how much Tyrion has always loved dragons since he was a little boy when he wanted to ride one. Third, he is the best and most beloved character on the show.

(2) I think the show is working on a big Stark Reunion and don't expect any real infighting there. They really don't have enough episodes to fight each other and the dead.

Fair points. I think Little Finger will twist Sansa just enough to make her betray Jon who she sees as strong but naive like her dad and Rob. I think this forces Jon to stay with Danny and produce the "the Prince that is promised". The only way to secure her freedom is to be in total control. I also watched the Blackwater episode again recently. Her exchanges with Cersi were interesting. I think she does admire her as Jon said. Cersi would never give control back to anyone.

Tyrion's initial interaction with the two dragons that were locked up supports your theory...they didn't eat him. I don't think Bran will physically ride one. Rather he will control one.

I am not sure how they are going to adequately wrap all of this up in two seasons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked when Missande (sp?) corrected her boss' Valerian. Apparently the Targaryans are as stupid as the Starks. That makes Dany and Jon a perfect match. Dany's kitty purrs for those primal murderer types (Drogo, Daaryo), and as Jon has proven, killing is pretty much the only thing he is good at.

Reaction Score

I don't think that Tyrion will be a rider. The books made reference that Aegon and his sisters could ride the dragons because of their dragon blood. Dany has dragon blood. But in season 1 Tyrion got burnt by candle wax when playing a game with Shae.... He's a wimp when it comes to heat.

Reaction Score
theon-grayjoy-meme.png

Reaction Score
I don't think that Tyrion will be a rider. The books made reference that Aegon and his sisters could ride the dragons because of their dragon blood. Dany has dragon blood. But in season 1 Tyrion got burnt by candle wax when playing a game with Shae.... He's a wimp when it comes to heat.
but,but, but, he drinks & he knows things....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am pretty close to rooting for Cersei. She is a B and is not that bright, but she is at least playing to win. I am definitely a swing vote at this point.

Reaction Score
I am pretty close to rooting for Cersei. She is a B and is not that bright, but she is at least playing to win. I am definitely a swing vote at this point.

Why do you think she isn't bright? She seems to be playing the game as well/effectively as anyone.

Seen a lot of things said about Cersei, but dumb isn't usually one of them,

Reaction Score
Why do you think she isn't bright? She seems to be playing the game as well/effectively as anyone.

she's too clever by half.

Reaction Score

She alienated the Tyrells for no reason. The whole Walk of Shame, the death of her youngest son, were all brought about by her stupid reconstitution of the Church's army in order to ensnare Maergery Tyrell. Margery, the wife of her son and the key to her victory over Stannis on the Blackwater.

Woman is ruthless, and dumb.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
She alienated the Tyrells for no reason. The whole Walk of Shame, the death of her youngest son, were all brought about by her stupid reconstitution of the Church's army in order to ensnare Maergery Tyrell. Margery, the wife of her son and the key to her victory over Stannis on the Blackwater.

Cersei also let Ned get executed, which wasn't that bright, especially when the Baratheon brothers were ascendant and the Lannisters desperately needed allies. Renly was going to win until Stannis sent demon baby at him (this still bugs me 5 years later because I hate when magic is used for key plot twists). Cersei got lucky when:

A) Stannis killed Renly
B) Robb Stark gave Walder Frey the finger by marrying a hotter woman than Walder's granddaughter. This is a plot problem for me because Robb was so under control and even a hedonist like Robert Baratheon had enough self control to actually marry the person he was supposed to marry. So why couldn't Robb?
C) Tywin got to Kings Landing just in time to save her at the Battle of the Blackwater. In the books, this was Edmure Tully's fault.

Reaction Score

The books are filled with lines about how Cersei is bright but lacks judgment, especially when angry. Littlefinger says at one point that she fancies herself a player but is really just a piece in the Game. But, as we can already see, the showrunners are going to bail her out and make her seem more cunning than she is in order to make the remaining story interesting.

Reaction Score
Cersei also let Ned get executed, which wasn't that bright, especially when the Baratheon brothers were ascendant and the Lannisters desperately needed allies. Renly was going to win until Stannis sent demon baby at him (this still bugs me 5 years later because I hate when magic is used for key plot twists). Cersei got lucky when:

A) Stannis killed Renly
B) Robb Stark gave Walder Frey the finger by marrying a hotter woman than Walder's granddaughter. This is a plot problem for me because Robb was so under control and even a hedonist like Robert Baratheon had enough self control to actually marry the person he was supposed to marry. So why couldn't Robb?
C) Tywin got to Kings Landing just in time to save her at the Battle of the Blackwater. In the books, this was Edmure Tully's fault.

In fairness, she didn't exactly "let" Ned get executed. She offered Ned herself to be a team player on her team (which I would have taken), and then tried to spare him except for her idiot son acting Trump-like and ignoring all advice and doing whatever comes to mind.

Reaction Score
The books are filled with lines about how Cersei is bright but lacks judgment, especially when angry. Littlefinger says at one point that she fancies herself a player but is really just a piece in the Game. But, as we can already see, the showrunners are going to bail her out and make her seem more cunning than she is in order to make the remaining story interesting.

The two smartest players in the Game depend on Cersei's stupidity in the book. Remember the end of the last book when Varys assassinates Cersei's Uncle? He explicitly does it because the Uncle is too competent. He wants Cersei in charge, creating chaos.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

3rd dragon ride = night king

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This GOT, at least one of the dragons has to die. My money is on the green one.

Cersei has to go too, but by whose hand?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This GOT, at least one of the dragons has to die. My money is on the green one.

Cersei has to go too, but by whose hand?

Jamie will complete his baby face turn

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The two smartest players in the Game depend on Cersei's stupidity in the book. Remember the end of the last book when Varys assassinates Cersei's Uncle? He explicitly does it because the Uncle is too competent. He wants Cersei in charge, creating chaos.

Almost nobody in this show has an ounce of sense. They all have made multiple mistakes. It wouldn't be interesting otherwise.

Reaction Score
one thing is bugging me - if Elleria/Sand Snake are the gift that Euron spoke of to Cersie, then are we to believe it was Euron's blind luck that had him stumble onto Asher's fleet as it was sailing to Dorn? Or is there a spy in Dany's midst that told Euron that the fleet with sailing to Dorn? Does Euron also know of the army sailing to Casterleigh Rock?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
one thing is bugging me - if Elleria/Sand Snake are the gift that Euron spoke of to Cersie, then are we to believe it was Euron's blind luck that had him stumble onto Asher's fleet as it was sailing to Dorn? Or is there a spy in Dany's midst that told Euron that the fleet with sailing to Dorn? Does Euron also know of the army sailing to Casterleigh Rock?

They knew Dany landed at Dragonstone and that she was preparing to invade with the Dornish and Greyjoy exiles as her allies.

Euron was there specifically looking for Yara's fleet. Cersei called in Euron for that purpose.

Euron was likely looking for Tyrion but the term prize wasn't necessarily him specifically. The busted rebel fleet could have been just a good as proof of his worth. The snakes I'm sure are a bonus.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The plot hole is not how Euron found Yara's fleet, but how Yara and the rest didn't know that Euron had seen them. I know Game of Thrones jumps around the timeline, but assuming that Euron approached Kings Landing while Yara's fleet was at Dragonstone, it would have been hard for them not to be aware of each other's presence, since Dragonstone sits at the mouth of Blackwater Bay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom