GoT Season Seven | Page 16 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Really disappointed that the writers are still running with this shoehorned-in romantic sub-plot. Thought they would be paring down on worthless stuff like that now that we are down to what, 10-12 more episodes total (if that?). That scene took up a solid 8 or so minutes.

She has really nice booooobs.

The opportunities for HBO's required level of nudity are dwindling since all the characters likely to be found in the sack are mostly dead. Ep 1 had a naked corpse. Be thankful for the upgrade and shut up.

Reaction Score
I can't believe no one has made a strap-on joke regarding Grey Worm yet . . . .
jul-24-2017-11-36-40.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dany threatening to burn Varys alive. There has always been the possibility of her being insane but with more and more foreshadowing, I truly think she will be the Mad Queen. Is this an obvious take? For whatever reason, I never seriously thought she would turn bad.

Not remotely suggestive of madness to me. Fire is her weapon. Certainly she would and should kill him if he betrays her. Burning folks up is what she does best since she's immune to it.

Reaction Score
Not remotely suggestive of madness to me. Fire is her weapon. Certainly she would and should kill him if he betrays her. Burning folks up is what she does best since she's immune to it.

It isn't suggestive of madness. It is suggestive of show writers trying to show that Danny Is Strong Woman. Dumb, dumb, dumb writing, but not suggestive of anything other than Girl Power.

Reaction Score
Elsewhere, it was speculated that Jon is one of 3 dragon riders. First he has to be introduced to the creature. The writers seem to be setting the table for such an introduction.

Reaction Score

I don't think she went off the rails but consider that her father had a reputation for madness because he burnt alive the people that opposed him. It just seems like a bad optic for any child of the Mad King to threaten to burn someone alive.

Reaction Score
Elsewhere, it was speculated that Jon is one of 3 dragon riders. First he has to be introduced to the creature. The writers seem to be setting the table for such an introduction.

Danny, John and Tyrion. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the dragon choosing John that ultimately convinces Daenerys to ally with him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think she went off the rails but consider that her father had a reputation for madness because he burnt alive the people that opposed him. It just seems like a bad optic for any child of the Mad King to threaten to burn someone alive.

Sansa referenced Targaryen's burning Starks too. I think Dany has a cooking or two left in her.

Reaction Score
Whatever it is, I am sure there will be dozens or maybe hundreds of columns about how misogynist Game of Thrones is after it happens.
IDK...with three major characters sans huevos, I'm thinking more misanthropic...

Reaction Score
It isn't suggestive of madness. It is suggestive of show writers trying to show that Danny Is Strong Woman. Dumb, dumb, dumb writing, but not suggestive of anything other than Girl Power.
Girl power is a clear theme...

Reaction Score
Danny, John and Tyrion. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the dragon choosing John that ultimately convinces Daenerys to ally with him.
The first time he meets a dragon should be interesting...

Reaction Score
Girl power is a clear theme...

Because of the criticism of misogyny.

I have no problem with girl power, but it works better when they are not consciously doing it. Best example of Girl Power ruining the show is the Sand Snakes. They set out to create strong women and ended up writing women like a teenage boy playing D&D---hot women who screw and fight like men. Women who are strong like women work better than women who are strong like men.

Reaction Score

I have no problem with girl power, but it works better when they are not consciously doing it. Best example of Girl Power ruining the show is the Sand Snakes. They set out to create strong women and ended up writing women like a teenage boy playing D&D---hot women who screw and fight like men. Women who are strong like women work better than women who are strong like men.
That's where writing for ratings and writing for political correctness part ways...

Reaction Score
Found a great YouTube Thrones channel. A little late on this topic, but those interested in Varys vs Littlefinger see below:

I personally don't think either has done much in the last few seasons. Both have sort of been floating around after being extremely influential early on. But Littlefinger started this whole mess so I'll go with him. Although, Varys is the better character imo; Littlefinger's schtick is getting a little old.

Lots of other good content on the page. Check it out.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Of course, Olenna is the best example of that. And most current viewers don't realize that Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel was a hot woman who fought like a man (but was also a brilliant physicist). None of these characters pull off that level of sexy, feminine and completely capable the way she did.

Reaction Score
Of course, Olenna is the best example of that. And most current viewers don't realize that Diana Rigg as Mrs. Peel was a hot woman who fought like a man (but was also a brilliant physicist). None of these characters pull off that level of sexy, feminine and completely capable the way she did.

She would be the hottest person on the show if she were in her prime.

162183-004-477007E4.jpg

Reaction Score
Diana brings out the Steed in all of us...

Reaction Score

According to the writers in the bit after the show is over . . . the scene is supposed to harken back to when Arya told Ned that the getting married to a lordling "is not me." Nymeria recognizes Arya, but she reflects Arya's wild, independent spirit. Going to back to the North and settling down "is not her."

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
According to the writers in the bit after the show is over . . . the scene is supposed to harken back to when Arya told Ned that the getting married to a lordling "is not me." Nymeria recognizes Arya, but she reflects Arya's wild, independent spirit. Going to back to the North and settling down "is not her."

Settling down? That's a bit of a leap from the writers. Nymeria is missing her shot to kill some white walkers. Arya + direwolf is bad, bad news for anyone who would cross them.

Reaction Score
Settling down? That's a bit of a leap from the writers. Nymeria is missing her shot to kill some white walkers. Arya + direwolf is bad, bad news for anyone who would cross them.

Yeah, I never listen to the writers bit at the end. Useless commentary. It just happened that it was the first piece that popped on while I was looking for the remote to turn the TV off.

Reaction Score

I thought Bran (sp?) would be the through dragon rider, not Tyrion.

My question, if Jon returns, does Sansa give the North back go him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom