GoT Season Seven | Page 18 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
They knew Dany landed at Dragonstone and that she was preparing to invade with the Dornish and Greyjoy exiles as her allies.

Euron was there specifically looking for Yara's fleet. Cersei called in Euron for that purpose.

Euron was likely looking for Tyrion but the term prize wasn't necessarily him specifically. The busted rebel fleet could have been just a good as proof of his worth. The snakes I'm sure are a bonus.

sorry, meant Yara. She's Asher in the books (not sure why they changed her name)

Reaction Score
They knew Dany landed at Dragonstone and that she was preparing to invade with the Dornish and Greyjoy exiles as her allies.

Euron was there specifically looking for Yara's fleet. Cersei called in Euron for that purpose.

Euron was likely looking for Tyrion but the term prize wasn't necessarily him specifically. The busted rebel fleet could have been just a good as proof of his worth. The snakes I'm sure are a bonus.

I think the "prize" is delivering the woman who killed the Queen's Daughter. They know Tyrion is the Hand of the Queen and therefore unlikely to be far from Danny. I think he found the exact prize for which he was searching.

Reaction Score
This GOT, at least one of the dragons has to die. My money is on the green one.

Cersei has to go too, but by whose hand?

I always figured it was Arya using the "face mask" of Jamie. There's a clip in the season trailer where Jamie and Cersei are kissing passionately and I'm kinda banking that may actually be Arya and when it all goes down.

Reaction Score
I always figured it was Arya using the "face mask" of Jamie. There's a clip in the season trailer where Jamie and Cersei are kissing passionately and I'm kinda banking that may actually be Arya and when it all goes down.

I think Arya is going to kill a prominent female character, but I don't think it will be Cersei. I think she kills Sansa, if my theory of Sansa double-crossing Jon holds up (which it most certainly will not).

Reaction Score
The plot hole is not how Euron found Yara's fleet, but how Yara and the rest didn't know that Euron had seen them. I know Game of Thrones jumps around the timeline, but assuming that Euron approached Kings Landing while Yara's fleet was at Dragonstone, it would have been hard for them not to be aware of each other's presence, since Dragonstone sits at the mouth of Blackwater Bay.

did you get the vibe from the previews for next week that the invasion of Casterliegh Rock doesn't go well?

Reaction Score
did you get the vibe from the previews for next week that the invasion of Casterliegh Rock doesn't go well?

Yes -- there was a line about knowing that we're coming or something to that effect. Things have to go poorly for Dany at first -- otherwise she has no incentive to align with Jon Snow without forcing him to bend the knee, which he likely will not do.

Reaction Score
I think Arya is going to kill a prominent female character, but I don't think it will be Cersei. I think she kills Sansa, if my theory of Sansa double-crossing Jon holds up (which it most certainly will not).

Cersei is on Arya's "list"....and the others on that list haven't fared too well.

Reaction Score
The plot hole is not how Euron found Yara's fleet, but how Yara and the rest didn't know that Euron had seen them. I know Game of Thrones jumps around the timeline, but assuming that Euron approached Kings Landing while Yara's fleet was at Dragonstone, it would have been hard for them not to be aware of each other's presence, since Dragonstone sits at the mouth of Blackwater Bay.

Also, Yara and Theon knew that their uncle was hunting them. Even if they weren't engaging in any scouting to keep tabs on Euron, they had to be aware that they might run into him, since he would be searching for them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dany threatening to burn Varys alive. There has always been the possibility of her being insane but with more and more foreshadowing, I truly think she will be the Mad Queen. Is this an obvious take? For whatever reason, I never seriously thought she would turn bad.

I mean, Cersei set off wildfire under the sept of Baylor, I mean Baelor, which (as had been discussed by characters in an earlier episode) had been put there but not set off by the Mad King. So she's pretty much got the MQ title belt as long as she stays alive.

On another note, who wants to bet Theon gets picked up by.... Gendry? #WheresGendry
9KiDQ2h.jpg

Reaction Score
I mean, Cersei set off wildfire under the sept of Baylor, I mean Baelor, which (as had been discussed by characters in an earlier episode) had been put there but not set off by the Mad King. So she's pretty much got the MQ title belt as long as she stays alive.

On another note, who wants to bet Theon gets picked up by.... Gendry? #WheresGendry
9KiDQ2h.jpg
Nelson is right (looking at that map) how the hell did the Asher/Theon fleet miss that Euron's fleet was there?

Reaction Score
sorry, meant Yara. She's Asher in the books (not sure why they changed her name)

I think it was because they didn't want people to confuse her with Osha (the wildling that was looking after Bran and Rickon).
Also, in the books Yara's name is Asha, so I can see where differentiating between Asha and Osha could be confusing.

Reaction Score
Nelson is right (looking at that map) how the hell did the Asher/Theon fleet miss that Euron's fleet was there?

Not only that, but how did Eurons fleet get that close without somebody seeing them?

Reaction Score
Not only that, but how did Eurons fleet get that close without somebody seeing them?
Or hear them communicating to each other that they spotted the fleet?

Yeah lots of holes with that

Reaction Score
Littlefinger should be worried. If Bran starts talking Littlefinger is a dead man.

At least he won't be going into the Good Night alone. As a Littlefinger fan, it gives me great comfort to know that Varys won't survive him too long.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dorne and highgarden kaput

That episode was practically a montage of getting rid of unnecessary characters. We also got a montage and some exposition that Sansa is not stupid anymore, which was forced. Like Royce wouldn't know that the armor should have some protection from the cold. Why are the Knights of the Vale sticking around?

I think Littlefinger will do something to help out Sansa or the northmen more generally before he is killed.

I did like the exchange between Olenna and Jamie, but it bugs me that Olenna wouldn't have seen Tarly coming a mile away and made him a better deal. Maybe she just didn't care anymore.

At least we will get to see the Dothraki ride into battle, since the rest of Dany's allies are finished.

I actually liked the Dragonstone arc. It would have been kind of silly if Snow bent the knee or Dany signed up to fight White Walkers off the first meeting.

Reaction Score
It's starting to feel rushed to me. Not as much the first couple of episodes, but tonight very much so.

Same here. They spent several seasons building up the back story to the characters, now everything is happening really fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom