GoT Season Seven | Page 20 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree that the whole "bend the knee" speech from Danny seemed out of character. Suddenly she's acting like her brother, full of entitlement.
She did back off a bit, but she's not the queen of anything at the moment and needs to earn loyalty rather than demanding it.

Jon is such a blunt instrument. His caveman-like performance didn't help. Fortunately Davos did a little better, but come on Jon, do a little selling. Shake the hips...bring out your inner Elvis. If he had 1/4 of Euron's flair he'd be golden.

What's with Sam Tarley? I believe that the ArchMaester didn't randomly assign him some crappy scrolls and books to translate, but instead selected everything he has on the white walkers and other information Sam will need. There's a reason he's on screen so much.

Cersei's torture was indeed worse than any I could think of, proving Olenna right. At least she got in her jab, which also let Jamie realize that his brother was innocent (as was Sansa). That wrinkle may yet play a role. Glad Jamie let her die with dignity.

Sansa gained 40 IQ points almost overnight. The interactions with Bran, who could explain a bit better, and Littlefinger, were both odd. Littlefinger's comment about preparing for every possible outcome was interesting in theory, but impossible in practice. The general point was valid though. Bran needs to start providing some useful intel, or he's no damned use at all.

Reaction Score
Fully disagree on Danny. She played a very complex character last night. She ordered a lord to bend the knee, he didn't, she could have just offed him, and instead she sort of ignored the impasse and moved on.

I agree. I think we are still witnessing Danni learning how to rule and the type of ruler she will be. 2 seasons ago, she would have been too naive, but she has learned that power must often be a cold hard fist in the real world. Now she must learn the balance of power vs. Diplomacy. While she is the breaker of chains, she also has the ego of a monarch. I think her character is the most interesting in many ways.

Olena was one of my favorite characters. Hated seeing her go.

Little Finger thinks he can marry Sansa and keep bother the North and the Vale. In a kingdom dealing with the end of a bloody war, he would be one of the most powerful people in the world regardless of who sits on the Iron Throne. He is always playing the long game.

Reaction Score
There has to be a Lannister spy in Danni's midst. She & Tyrion laid out their battle strategy in the map room. All of their moves to date have been counterpointed. Is Varys using the raven express to his advantage? (Hence Melisandre's forewarning that he's fated to die at Dragonstone) I Tyrion being a true Lannister? Is Missandei scheming behind Danni's back? Something is amiss.

Reaction Score
There has to be a Lannister spy in Danni's midst. She & Tyrion laid out their battle strategy in the map room. All of their moves to date have been counterpointed. Is Varys using the raven express to his advantage? (Hence Melisandre's forewarning that he's fated to die at Dragonstone) I Tyrion being a true Lannister? Is Missandei scheming behind Danni's back? Something is amiss.

Plus Tyrion's judgement has been bad, for example: misjudging the strategic importance of Casterly Rock.

Reaction Score
For those scoring at home, the Targaryan/Stark side has Dothraki, a half man/half magic tree mystic that can see everything at once, the best assassin in the 7 kingdoms, and THREE SCALITOING DRAGONS, and they are still losing. They are the WORST.

I am off the fence. I want Cersei to win.

We're just getting going though. They don't even know what they have yet nor are they even coordinated AND a Lannister is calling the shots.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Arya will use her faceless man skills and become Jaime to kill Cersei?

Fills the prophecy as she gets killed by her brother, and Arya adheres to her list.

What a crazy scene that would be. The shock of seeing Jaime kill Cersei. And then realizing its Arya and not Jaime. Nuts.

Reaction Score

The show is trying to make you think something is amiss because the conclusion is such a foregone conclusion. One side took Casterly Rock and the other Highgarden. If it weren't for expectations, it's a wash. The Tyrells never even brought the full loyalty of Tyrell bannerman, and the Dornish haven't fought a single battle. Nor have the Riverlands or the Stormlords.

This thing is over. Even the big victories are just skirmishes. Danny's forces---the Unsullied, Dothraki and Dragons---are all undefeated. Nobodies who needed killing + the rotting corpse of House Tyrell are gone. Big whoop. The Lannisters cannot even defend their home.

Reaction Score
Plus Tyrion's judgement has been bad, for example: misjudging the strategic importance of Casterly Rock.

Who told us it lacked strategic importance? Jamie Lannister, who has never won bupkiss. That doesn't mean he is right.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I couldn't tell if Jamie was angry with Euron for discussing sex with his sister or because he hadn't thought of using his finger like that. I am guessing the latter.

That golden finger will tarnish.

Reaction Score
The show is trying to make you think something is amiss because the conclusion is such a foregone conclusion. One side took Casterly Rock and the other Highgarden. If it weren't for expectations, it's a wash. The Tyrells never even brought the full loyalty of Tyrell bannerman, and the Dornish haven't fought a single battle. Nor have the Riverlands or the Stormlords.

This thing is over. Even the big victories are just skirmishes. Danny's forces---the Unsullied, Dothraki and Dragons---are all undefeated. Nobodies who needed killing + the rotting corpse of House Tyrell are gone. Big whoop. The Lannisters cannot even defend their home.

The Unsullied may be undefeated, but it's a pyrrhic victory as Euron has destroyed their means of egress & they are stuck on Casterly Rock. They might as well be under siege themselves.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Who told us it lacked strategic importance? Jamie Lannister, who has never won bupkiss. That doesn't mean he is right.

It was important because the Iron Bank was about to shut Cersei down, and now she should be able to pay them off.

But strategically, look at the map. Highgarden is pretty useless down in the south-west. It was never fortified, because nobody wanted it. Danny is perched just off-shore of King's Landing. Dorne is to its south. Littlefinger (for now) is on board and holds The Vale. RiverRun should revert back to the Tullys. The Twins are up for grab. Winterfell is back with the Starks.

The Lannisters just retreated entirely out of any position north of Kings Landing. They've got the Iron Islands with Euron I suppose, but it's useless. They are bottled in.

Reaction Score
It was important because the Iron Bank was about to shut Cersei down, and now she should be able to pay them off.

But strategically, look at the map. Highgarden is pretty useless down in the south-west. It was never fortified, because nobody wanted it. Danny is perched just off-shore of King's Landing. Dorne is to its south. Littlefinger (for now) is on board and holds The Vale. RiverRun should revert back to the Tullys. The Twins are up for grab. Winterfell is back with the Starks.

The Lannisters just retreated entirely out of any position north of Kings Landing. They've got the Iron Islands with Euron I suppose, but it's useless. They are bottled in.

Doesn't the map show that Casterly Rock isn't an island? The Unsullied can just march east.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Doesn't the map show that Casterly Rock isn't an island? The Unsullied can just march east.

Yes. But will need to abandon the castle they just lost a lot of men and ships taking. Dany effectively has no navy at this point. How are the Dothraki even getting off dragonstone?

Reaction Score
Yes. But will need to abandon the castle they just lost a lot of men and ships taking. Dany effectively has no navy at this point. How are the Dothraki even getting off dragonstone?

She doesn't need an ocean-going fleet for that. There is a ferry that makes a run twice a day.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Before I jump into the discussion....are people talking about fleshed out internet theories? Or about the preview to the coming episode?

I don't want to know about either.

Reaction Score
Before I jump into the discussion....are people talking about fleshed out internet theories? Or about the preview to the coming episode?

I don't want to know about either.

No one has spoken about next week's previews or fleshed out internet theories. They did talk about previews last week, and the same happened the week before. I expect it will happen again sooner or later.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No one has spoken about next week's previews or fleshed out internet theories. They did talk about previews last week, and the same happened the week before. I expect it will happen again sooner or later.

Thanks, I will be sure to avoid them. These people have no imagination. Or the ability for delayed gratification. Losers.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dany threatening to burn Varys alive. There has always been the possibility of her being insane but with more and more foreshadowing, I truly think she will be the Mad Queen. Is this an obvious take? For whatever reason, I never seriously thought she would turn bad.

Would love it if that happened.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I did like the exchange between Olenna and Jamie, but it bugs me that Olenna wouldn't have seen Tarly coming a mile away and made him a better deal. Maybe she just didn't care anymore.

What could she possibly offer better than being HOK?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She spent a lot of seasons being "for the people" and now she's all "I've never met you but I demand you bend the knee". Would have liked her to handle the meeting with a little more savvy. Jon should have handled it better too.

Jon's scared sh#@tless right now. For good reason. Don't think he cares about anything but dead people.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tyrion is getting his ass handed to him.

Cersei outwitted him on the water and Jaime ate his lunch at casterly rock.

I thought tyrion was supposed to be the smart Lannister

Euron outwitted him. Cersei had nothing to do with that. Euron took off talking of a gift....and delivered.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I would like to know why the Knights of the Vale are sticking around too, but to answer that you need to know what Littlefinger is plotting. His behavior is odd. The last time civil war broke out, he was beaming from camp to camp, meeting with all the players and brokering deals to his advantage. Now he is just . . . giving advice to Sansa.

No siree. Makes no sense.

You give Littlefinger too much credit. Yes, he's very clever. But his overarching goal is not the crown, it's Sansa's box. He's not sticking around for anything else.

He's the anti-August.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Starting to wonder if Dany will start holding Tyrion responsible for any of these disasters

I hope so. Want Tyrion to start drinking again. NEED Tyrion to start drinking again.

Need more Bron too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom