GoT Season Seven | Page 21 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You would think that the ending was given away when Melisandre noted that Danny and Snow being together was the meeting of fire and ice, harking back to the name of the series. On the other hand, if the author and producers want to prank us, the head of the White Walkers could marry Cersei and they could kill everyone and rule together.

By the way -- Jamie seems to have gotten over his distaste for his sister's mass murder. Forgive and forget I always say.

She must be the best in bed in the 7 kingdoms. There's no other explanation. She's got an abysmal personality. Cold as freakin ice.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I couldn't tell if Jamie was angry with Euron for discussing sex with his sister or because he hadn't thought of using his finger like that. I am guessing the latter.

Absolutely LOVED that move by Euron. Such a better match for Cersei than Jaime.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree that the whole "bend the knee" speech from Danny seemed out of character. Suddenly she's acting like her brother, full of entitlement.
She did back off a bit, but she's not the queen of anything at the moment and needs to earn loyalty rather than demanding it.

Jon is such a blunt instrument. His caveman-like performance didn't help. Fortunately Davos did a little better, but come on Jon, do a little selling. Shake the hips...bring out your inner Elvis. If he had 1/4 of Euron's flair he'd be golden.

What's with Sam Tarley? I believe that the ArchMaester didn't randomly assign him some crappy scrolls and books to translate, but instead selected everything he has on the white walkers and other information Sam will need. There's a reason he's on screen so much.

Cersei's torture was indeed worse than any I could think of, proving Olenna right. At least she got in her jab, which also let Jamie realize that his brother was innocent (as was Sansa). That wrinkle may yet play a role. Glad Jamie let her die with dignity.

Sansa gained 40 IQ points almost overnight. The interactions with Bran, who could explain a bit better, and Littlefinger, were both odd. Littlefinger's comment about preparing for every possible outcome was interesting in theory, but impossible in practice. The general point was valid though. Bran needs to start providing some useful intel, or he's no damned use at all.

Bran spends most of his time in the spirit world. I don't know why everyone expects him to be an encyclopedia. Picture the most fried, acid washed hippie from the 60's. That's Bran at his absolute most lucid.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
On your last point, blood runs deep.
Blood runs deep? Or more likely men don't care if they're getting some?

And here I thought Zoo was saying that Jaime is hung.
thinking-face_1f914 - Copy.png

I make some disturbing mental leaps at times.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My biggest problem is (as has been mentioned briefly): doesn't anyone do any proper scouting? I mean, it's not that hard to gather at least SOME intel that would clue you into what others are doing. And for gods sake, why are Varys's little birds so f ing useless when it comes to logistical and tactical matters? Makes zero sense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The show is trying to make you think something is amiss because the conclusion is such a foregone conclusion. One side took Casterly Rock and the other Highgarden. If it weren't for expectations, it's a wash.

Might be over, but that is NOT a wash. The Lannisters' (and the realm's) vaults are currently empty. While the Tyrells were extremely cashed up. The Lannisters are now replenished. This is why Cersei told the Iron Bank she needed two weeks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Unsullied may be undefeated, but it's a pyrrhic victory as Euron has destroyed their means of egress & they are stuck on Casterly Rock. They might as well be under siege themselves.

Well, they can march back by land. Casterly rock is on a cliff at the edge of the mainland, not an island.

It sucks, but it's doable.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She doesn't need an ocean-going fleet for that. There is a ferry that makes a run twice a day.

Dragon ferry.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only people on Team Targaryan/Stark with any strategic abilities were the Queen of Thorns and the Bear Girl, and Tyrion got Queen of Thorns killed.

It was only about 6 episodes ago where the crack sales team of Sansa, Jon Snow and Davos were touring Westeros making almost no sales and heading into certain defeat against Ramsey, and now we are to believe that these clowns are a crack leadership team ready to turn the tide in the war for the 7 kingdoms and defeat the White Walkers?

I am pretty sure I am not going to like how the series ends, because short of the White Walkers coming to Westeros to save it from Sansa and Snow, I am going to be disappointed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She doesn't need an ocean-going fleet for that. There is a ferry that makes a run twice a day.

I can just imagine the line the unsullied will make at the snack counter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The only people on Team Targaryan/Stark with any strategic abilities were the Queen of Thorns and the Bear Girl, and Tyrion got Queen of Thorns killed.

It was only about 6 episodes ago where the crack sales team of Sansa, Jon Snow and Davos were touring Westeros making almost no sales and heading into certain defeat against Ramsey, and now we are to believe that these clowns are a crack leadership team ready to turn the tide in the war for the 7 kingdoms and defeat the White Walkers?

I am pretty sure I am not going to like how the series ends, because short of the White Walkers coming to Westeros to save it from Sansa and Snow, I am going to be disappointed.

Well they have rallied the north since. Also, if you count Arya, they wiped out the Freys and all their bannermen. That should free Tully. So they've reclaimed everything from the river lands north.

They can't make it look too easy. This season is the battle for Westeros right? Then next is against those north of the wall.

Reaction Score
Might be over, but that is NOT a wash. The Lannisters' (and the realm's) vaults are currently empty. While the Tyrells were extremely cashed up. The Lannisters are now replenished. This is why Cersei told the Iron Bank she needed two weeks.

Blah, blah, blah. So now the Iron Bank won't fund Daenerys. As if money is what Daenerys needs to kill Cersei. Meanwhile, Daenerys holds the seat of her enemies ancient power. How did losing Winterfell go for the Starks?

It was a wash, especially if Cersei is dumb enough to use any monetary gains to pay off debts during wartime. Wartime is when you borrow more to pay for mercenaries because your army doesn't have dragons or Unsullied or Dothraki.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Arya will use her faceless man skills and become Jaime to kill Cersei?

Fills the prophecy as she gets killed by her brother, and Arya adheres to her list.

What a crazy scene that would be. The shock of seeing Jaime kill Cersei. And then realizing its Arya and not Jaime. Nuts.

It's so crazy I said it a couple pages ago.

Reaction Score
It's so crazy I said it a couple pages ago.

Won't happen. Jaime is on a redemptive arc, but he only becomes a true Jedi when he strikes down the Sith Lord. Unfortunate, that Cersei is his sister-lover. Hard to be redeemed if Arya cuts your face off with a knife to steal your kill.

Reaction Score

That money is never making it back to Kings Landing. It will be melted this week along with a great portion of the Lannister army.

Reaction Score
That money is never making it back to Kings Landing. It will be melted this week along with a great portion of the Lannister army.

I will be a little disappointed in the show if the Tyrells just happen to have 3 million gold dragons sitting around in their vaults. The money has always been presented as a huge sum, the type of sum you pay off over time and with interest. If one of the families just happens to have it stuffed under their mattresses, it will feel like cheap writing and the whole Iron Bank angle of the story just a big waste.

I mean, it would be like Palatine writing a story that ends with Trump confiscating Warren Buffet's wealth to pay of the U.S.'s debts. Dumb.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Won't happen. Jaime is on a redemptive arc, but he only becomes a true Jedi when he strikes down the Sith Lord. Unfortunate, that Cersei is his sister-lover. Hard to be redeemed if Arya cuts your face off with a knife to steal your kill.
He's going to reprise his Kingslayer role as Queenslayer.

Reaction Score
He's going to reprise his Kingslayer role as Queenslayer.

They are certainly building it up to Cersei The Mad Queen. Biotch has finished Aegon's plans by blowing up the Sept with wildfire, thinks everyone is a traitor and thereby turns them into traitors, and now she is torturing people by making em watch their loved ones die and rot (which I approve of, but it is kinda like Aegon murdering Ned's father and brother).

Reaction Score

John is great at strategy, poor at tactics.

Reaction Score
Well, they can march back by land. Casterly rock is on a cliff at the edge of the mainland, not an island.

It sucks, but it's doable.

I was wondering about that myself. Even in a post-Trump world, you can't be "surrounded on one side."

Reaction Score
I was wondering about that myself. Even in a post-Trump world, you can't be "surrounded on one side."

they want the Unsullied out in the open:

Your brother and his new queen thought you would be defending Casterly Rock.
The truth is Casterly Rock isn't worth much anymore.
Well, it is to me, but my fond childhood memories won't keep Cersei on the throne.
So you just let them take it? For now.
They won't be able to hold it.
Euron Greyjoy's navy burned their ships, we emptied the larders before we left.
Eventually, they'll be forced to abandon their position and march all the way across Westeros.
And you took your army, your real army, and went where they weren't.
As Robb Stark did to me at Whispering Wood.
There are always lessons in failures.

Read more: Game of Thrones s07e03 Episode Script | SS

Reaction Score
they want the Unsullied out in the open:

Your brother and his new queen thought you would be defending Casterly Rock.
The truth is Casterly Rock isn't worth much anymore.
Well, it is to me, but my fond childhood memories won't keep Cersei on the throne.
So you just let them take it? For now.
They won't be able to hold it.
Euron Greyjoy's navy burned their ships, we emptied the larders before we left.
Eventually, they'll be forced to abandon their position and march all the way across Westeros.
And you took your army, your real army, and went where they weren't.
As Robb Stark did to me at Whispering Wood.
There are always lessons in failures.

Read more: Game of Thrones s07e03 Episode Script | SS

Right. But the point is that they were sent on a worthless mission. They are only "out of the game" for the time it takes to reposition themselves. Which is a heck of a lot better than being dead.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

How much strategy does it really take to beat white walkers? They literally send the army of the dead at you in massive waves. Have dragon glass, lot's of numbers, and dont' f up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom